The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Dunfermline didn't make many signings at all last season as Mcpake improved the players they had and found a system to get the best out them. They had O'Hara, Todorov, Mccann & Wighton already signed up when they came down.

Cheers for saving me the bother of correcting that nonsense 

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Yes world class but can still leave the boot in - partly why they are so effective in my opinion 

That's fine you crack on with a centre midfielder who only leaves the studs in and see how you get on.

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Rubbish, absolute rubbish! 

Against us he was IMO. I didn’t see him any other time. The only other one who stood out to me was the young lad who played wide. 

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

We simply do not and cannot know if that is the case. It's not even June yet. Far, far too early. For all the focus on incomings, I think outgoings will be every bit as crucial. In terms of McGinn, Morrison and Oliver, I would not lose a minute's sleep at all three being moved on to free up funds to be used on new signings (if that option is indeed available to the club). If they are all still around then I'd share the concern that we are heading into a crucial season with a significant chunk of players who have proven themselves unable to cope with playing for Falkirk in League One, who cannot win any game of football that matters, who crumble at the first sign of pressure. But we're not there yet, nowhere near.

And in addition to the above, I've also got to believe that McGlynn will have informed some of the current under-contract players that their career prospects would be best served by them and their agents testing the market for an alternative employer. In that category, look no further than the pair of utter clowns masquerading as central defenders. Getting rid of these two would be as good a bit of business as we'll do all summer.

There's loads to happen yet I think.

I’d be like to think that there’s load to happen. Agree, far to early to predict and let’s hope the big announcements are still to come. Let’s be honest and with respect the two new signings are average at best. 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Against us he was IMO. I didn’t see him any other time. The only other one who stood out to me was the young lad who played wide. 

I thought we'd have offered Coulson a deal as he looked a good option but McGlynn would have known him from his time at Raith so obviously doesn't fancy him.

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah, it’s a very strange argument given he likely lives in the central belt of Scotland 😂.

I’ve seen him out and about in Glasgow a few times, so presume he lives there.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yes and both can leave the boot in as has been seen on a number of occasions this season.  They don't mess about when they need to.

Good luck signing Casemiro then bud.

23 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I wouldn't fancy making the 2hrs odd journey to Stranraer two or three times a week on that hellish road. 

Have you ever used the A75?

Anyway, why are you assuming he'd want to travel to or from Stranraer all the time?  Am I being whooshed?

19 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I was just using him as an example to show that even at top level there are  players that  still leave the boot in . Your 80s statement is a load of cobblers.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Have you ever used the A75?

Anyway, why are you assuming he'd want to travel to or from Stranraer all the time?  Am I being whooshed?

Well he played with Stranraer before he was at queen's did he not and if he as you think stays in the central belt  and not down that way then he'd have to travel there and back two or three times a week which is a right stinker of a journey . Anyway championship football was always going to be the winner if wages were of a similar level. .

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Signing up Nesbitt on a 2 year deal before we even knew what league we were in next season now this signing…. Mcglynn is really worrying me! 

Yet Nesbitt got into the league one team of the year, selected by his fellow professionals.

Obviously those in the game rate him higher than some of our fans.

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Yet Nesbitt got into the league one team of the year, selected by his fellow professionals.

Obviously those in the game rate him higher than some of our fans.

I don’t mind Nesbitt in League 1 but he was signed up before we knew where we would be, he simply wouldn’t be good enough for the Championship 

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Well he played with Stranraer before he was at queen's did he not and if he as you think stays in the central belt  and not down that way then he'd have to travel there and back two or three times a week which is a right stinker of a journey .

It’s much more likely he made that journey once a fortnight than 3 times a week, as part of a car share too.

Footballers making long commutes is common, even at PT football

Guest Ecosse83
41 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Looking forward to the delightful wee chip through balls next season already 

7 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I don’t mind Nesbitt in League 1 but he was signed up before we knew where we would be, he simply wouldn’t be good enough for the Championship 

Not disagreeing, personally I would have got of him this summer