The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Said that about Alegria 👀

You thinking that Juan Alegria is an acceptable footballer is a fucking damning indictment on the nonsense Falkirk have had over the last few years.

Edit: I’d take MacIver over Alegria every single time. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

You thinking that Juan Alegria is an acceptable footballer is a fucking damning indictment on the nonsense Falkirk have had over the last few years.

20 goals for maciver next season then

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He was excellent for us Alegria. Actually was a big blow when rangers recalled him. Scored some cracking goals.

Edited by Shodwall cat

8 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Mcglynn to change to a 442? 

Had a look through his time at Raith there, used a 442 with two 6s quite often during the 18/19 season according to Transfermarkt. Not so much after that.

Conjecture at this point really but;

Allan McIver

NEW Nesbitt McGinn Morrison 

Mccann Henderson Donaldson NEW

NEW

Not really sure what the plans would be with Agyeman, either upront or as cover for Morrison. Kelty fans have previously said that they don't think he has the game awareness to play up top but we can only wait and see. Didn't line up on the left once last season hence why he's not in there.

Aware also that Nesbitt isn't a 6 if that's the route we go down so could potentially see him on the left with another midfielder coming in.

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We can only judge on what we seen. Alegrias sticky start didn't last too long. Had serious "looks like he just needs a goal" vibe to him and that's basically how it transpired. After he got going he had the odd bad game but was more often than not, a very good player for us. 

So as far as Falkirk goes, better than Alegria puts McIver in good signing territory. 

2 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Had a look through his time at Raith there, used a 442 with two 6s quite often during the 18/19 season according to Transfermarkt. Not so much after that.

Conjecture at this point really but;

Allan McIver

NEW Nesbitt McGinn Morrison 

Mccann Henderson Donaldson NEW

NEW

Not really sure what the plans would be with Agyeman, either upront or as cover for Morrison. Kelty fans have previously said that they don't think he has the game awareness to play up top but we can only wait and see. Didn't line up on the left once last season hence why he's not in there.

Aware also that Nesbitt isn't a 6 if that's the route we go down so could potentially see him on the left with another midfielder coming in.

Agyemans no coming in as cover. He’ll be on the left (of your 442). I think mcglynn will revert to type - 4231

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I mean it's not quite the same considering KRH played RWB but I take your point 😂

There folk on your thread talking about wanting to sign Rumarn Burrell for a league up. His goal stats are better, but hes played very little football. You certainly wouldnt be wanking over his wiki either. The eye test counts aswell as stats. If McGlynn wants a big lad up there winning headers and being a physical nuisance then goals scored so far in his career aren't the be all and end all. 

I honestly don't think we'll see any change from the 4-2-3-1, he'll just sign players this summer who possibly suit that system better. 

New
New Donaldson Henderson Mccann
McGinn New
Morrison Lawal Agyeman
MacIver

10 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Agyemans no coming in as cover. He’ll be on the left (of your 442). I think mcglynn will revert to type - 4231

You might be right, only reasoning for not having him out there was there him only having 7 confirmed games out there in the last two seasons, again according to transfermarkt.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There folk on your thread talking about wanting to sign Rumarn Burrell for a league up. His goal stats are better, but hes played very little football. You certainly wouldnt be wanking over his wiki either. The eye test counts aswell as stats. If McGlynn wants a big lad up there winning headers and being a physical nuisance then goals scored so far in his career aren't the be all and end all. 

Relax mate, already said Maciver and Allan looks a good pairing.

9 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

You might be right, only reasoning for not having him out there was there him only having 7 confirmed games out there in the last two seasons, again according to transfermarkt.

Kennedy and Morrison quite often switched wings throughout games this season, wouldnt be surprised to see agyeman and cal deployed in the same way