The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
12 hours ago, Ryan-FFC said:

I asked Jamie about options being taken up from mcginn & Oliver (no idea about PJ) on twitter yesterday.

He said they are “confirming a full squad list later this week hopefully. There are a few discussions still ongoing but hope to provide a list asap”

Cheers mate. I’m praying Oliver isn’t on it! 

Had a hunch we'd be after him given Mcglynn's style of play. Asked in the Alloa thread how he compared to the rest of the league as when he played us he looked a nuisance but without the killer touch.

On 22/05/2023 at 21:44, RandomGuy. said:

maciver.png.6526bc5d10c5cf5839eec98928fc11da.png

Decent as a target man, but would need to play beside someone who can score, and who he can link with, otherwise he'll look like a big huddy.

Personal information
Date of birth 28 February 1999 (age 24)[1]
Place of birth Inverness, Scotland[1]
Height 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Position(s) Forward
Team information
Current team
Falkirk
Youth career
–2017 Ross County
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2017–2019 Ross County 0 (0)
2017  Wick Academy (loan)    
2018  Forfar Athletic (loan) 10 (1)
2019  Elgin City (loan) 15 (4)
2019–2021 Motherwell 8 (1)
2020–2021  Greenock Morton (loan) 6 (0)
2021  Partick Thistle (loan) 7 (2)
2021–2022 Partick Thistle 17 (0)
2022  Alloa Athletic (loan) 9 (1)
2022–2023 Alloa Athletic 30 (6)
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 20:21, 27 March 2023 (UTC)

Ross MacIver (born 28 February 1999) is a Scottish professional footballer who plays as a forward for Scottish League One club Falkirk. He previously played for Ross County, Motherwell and Partick

An interesting one. Not exaggerating by saying he’s the best striker I’ve seen at Alloa in the air, wins every single header, and will be very good for you if you have someone playing off him as his link up is decent as well. Not a prolific goal scorer so I wouldn’t be playing him up top on his own and counting on him winning you games. Disappointed to lose him but good luck to him, deserves another crack at full time.

1 minute ago, AlloaAdam said:

An interesting one. Not exaggerating by saying he’s the best striker I’ve seen at Alloa in the air, wins every single header, and will be very good for you if you have someone playing off him as his link up is decent as well. Not a prolific goal scorer so I wouldn’t be playing him up top on his own and counting on him winning you games. Disappointed to lose him but good luck to him, deserves another crack at full time.

It's a good job McGlynn lives and dies on his 2 up front philosophy..

2 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Do remember him bullying our centre halfs in the air a few times