The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

No, he has another year left on his contract. 

Could mcgloves be a serious thought though? Not sure of family situation if settled down south or not. 

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Declan Mcmanus, Jordan Mcghee and Alex Jakubiak are all out of contract. Bring them home.

9 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I would be so excited to get Declan McManus back but we couldn't afford him now.   Now that Dundee United will go down, do you think we have a chance at bringing Sibbald home?

We can name all the fantasy signings that we want but the elephant in the room is that McGlynn would still be their manager and somehow contrive to have a disastrous 4th quarter so that we end up again with the lottery of the play-offs. Get him tae f*ck.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

59 minutes ago, grahamstonbairn said:

End of season report card.

FAIL.

We have failed in our number one objective which was to get out of the 3rd Division of Scottish Football.

Did we? Another earth shattering revelation here.

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Interesting that the statement doesn’t say the title is the only acceptable outcome. That indicates to me that he will not be sacked even if we’re sitting in say 3rd place come November.

I think this season confirmed our shitebag group of players are utterly unsuited to any pressure games. We'll be 4th favourite out of 4 if we reach the playoffs again.

Our only chance of promotion is building a substantial lead by February and hoping the traditional McGlynn 4th quarter collapse isn't too calamitous. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

47 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Interesting that the statement doesn’t say the title is the only acceptable outcome. That indicates to me that he will not be sacked even if we’re sitting in say 3rd place come November.

Wow!!! I mean I know you like to spin things but c'mon.

It also says anything other than promotion is unacceptable, which is clear they won't stand for more of the same as this season just gone past. 

Statement basically just covers everything Swinney talks about in the falkirkdaft pod cast.  It certainly doubled down on the fact that only promotion is acceptable so I'd think if at any time that becomes a very slim prospect then he will be out of a job.

6 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Wow!!! I mean I know you like to spin things but c'mon.

It also says anything other than promotion is unacceptable, which is clear they won't stand for more of the same as this season just gone past. 

We’re in trouble if we don’t get promoted - per JS answer on Falkirk Daft. 

Quite a balanced / sensible statement all be it mostly states the obvious. I’m one of the fans now prepared to give McGlynn his two years for “phase two” although the way our arses collapsed in the final quarter of the season worries me, I’m hoping that has been questioned by the board with Mcglynn providing some sort of reasoning and also a solution, we simply can’t be as inconsistent next season if we are to win the league outright. On the plus side the management team did improve us significantly over the pre season and recruitment was better than it has been for a while, if we can get a similar level of improvement again going into the coming season combined with a bit of stability other sides won’t have hopefully it leads to finally getting out of this hell hole of a league. One good signing so far in Agemann with rumours of more to follow, the more time that passes the Airdrie game fades more in my memory and I do find myself becoming more and more positive about things. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Have got to say I have lost all faith in McGlynn after the Airdrie shambles. However he is here to stay so just need to suck it up I suppose.

He really cannot afford have a poor start or he will be under serious pressure. Recruitment will be very interesting. Running with a leaner squad. Hopefully focusing more on quality than jersey fillers.

Time will tell I suppose we really could be doing with a marquee signing to get the fans excited. Arfield would fit the bill but really cannae see it happening.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

So ridiculously bad faithed and paranoid. Lots to be annoyed about how last season ended, why go down this route?

29 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

It really is on the line next season, promotion or surely hybrid/part-time football.

Makes for quite an exciting prospect, sport at its best (just need to remember this when we’re huffing and puffing at home against Annan).

probably would have saved a lot of hurt if went hybrid/part time after 1st season in league 1. 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Arfield is one of the most mental shouts ever.

Guy on 5 figures a week at Rangers.

To be honest though its Arfield that raised the prospect at the end of the day. There would be zero chat on it otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Scott Arfield in the press today confirming he will continue playing and will also be back at Rangers in the future in some capacity.

Hopefully he continues playing with Falkirk and the capacity he returns to Ibrox in is leading Falkirk out as our captain/manager when we are back in the SPL.

You will never be back in the SPL that's for sure no matter how many games you win or promotions you get.