The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, Gringo said:

What struck me about the statement was the complete lack of any praise for J and P.
I would expect they’ve been told they’re in ‘the last chance saloon’.

Yep, very noticeable. The statement the day after the 6-2 shambles was about giving John and Paul as much money as possible. This gave an overly close relationship vibe that didn’t feel quite right.

The slight (and sensible) distancing is the right move, and re-aligns the relationship to what it should be given the less than convincing performances in the 22/23 season. There will be plenty of opportunities for back slapping and cuddles if and when McGlynn meets expectations…….and right now, it feels like a big “if”.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Yep, very noticeable. The statement the day after the 6-2 shambles was about giving John and Paul as much money as possible. This gave an overly close relationship vibe that didn’t feel quite right.

The slight (and sensible) distancing is the right move, and re-aligns the relationship to what it should be given the less than convincing performances in the 22/23 season. There will be plenty of opportunities for back slapping and cuddles if and when McGlynn meets expectations…….and right now, it feels like a big “if”.

I doubt there’s ever been more pressure on a Falkirk manager in a single season than the upcoming one.

Guest Ecosse83

Decent enough end of season statement, exactly what most on here wanted! 

Any word on Oliver or PJ? Not so much fussed about PJ if he is backup but really want them to release Oliver to free up a much needed wage and squad position! 

34 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I doubt there’s ever been more pressure on a Falkirk manager in a single season than the upcoming one.

Can’t disagree with that.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

I’d imagine at that level the passmarks for pitch quality may be lower than our level. May be wrong.

Not sure about that also the pitch at Dunipace gets very heavy usage with the various Pace youth and Amateur teams as well as other local teams playing and training on it.

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

If it helps Dunipace out in the short term then all is good.

Think our pitch still had about a year or so in it, although it was coming to the end of its life. 

The opportunity was there to replace with no concerts planned for this year, plus the grant cash which may not have been available next year. 

Therefore should be ok for Dunipace

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

What struck me about the statement was the complete lack of any praise for J and P.
I would expect they’ve been told they’re in ‘the last chance saloon’.

Seemed pretty obvious in the statement that nothing except promotion is acceptable so it’s shit or get off the pot time for the manager.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

😂

Jesus, are you the sort of person who believes everything some random says on the internet? That site has no more basis in foundation than asking my 13 year old to guess some figures.

It's just utter nonsense. They haven't got a clue.

Fair enough, just trying to help. Next time I won't bother so will save you the childish emojis.

Last time I saw you on here you were apologizing for something you got wrong, so happens to the best of us therefore I apologize on behalf of the 13 yrd olds that put this together for whatever reason. I do think "utter nonsense"  is a bit strong and uneducated guesswork would be more suitable.

By the way, just a word of advice in general, an arrogant know-it-all is never a good look.

Ultimately, I don' t give a toss so you re best to waste your time elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Decent enough end of season statement, exactly what most on here wanted! 

Any word on Oliver or PJ? Not so much fussed about PJ if he is backup but really want them to release Oliver to free up a much needed wage and squad position! 

I asked Jamie about options being taken up from mcginn & Oliver (no idea about PJ) on twitter yesterday.

He said they are “confirming a full squad list later this week hopefully. There are a few discussions still ongoing but hope to provide a list asap”

7 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Seemed pretty obvious in the statement that nothing except promotion is acceptable so it’s shit or get off the pot time for the manager.

Nothing other than promotion from L1 should be acceptable every season we are down here. Not going up.this season was completely unacceptable. 

I don't see anything radical about that. For me they've bottled the difficult decision and reduced out chances of winning the league next season by persisting with a known failure.

This could hamstring us for 20 years.

8 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I would be so excited to get Declan McManus back but we couldn't afford him now.   Now that Dundee United will go down, do you think we have a chance at bringing Sibbald home?

No, he has another year left on his contract. 

Could mcgloves be a serious thought though? Not sure of family situation if settled down south or not.