The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Stainrod turned up at the Dunfermline game this season. Dunno where he lives or that but I'd imagine he was asked about the legends board and I'm sure he would show face if there was a naming event or something. Why not?

Pretty sure he lives in France

To me it looks like the Club wanted the Panels up before the final home game (as it turned out) of the season, understandable in a way to please the sponsors. But to put up the panels knowing that they had yet to secure a sponsor for one of the players Is embarrassing. As someone mentioned would have been far better to leave it until the start of next season when all sponsors were in place and to announce the players with a bit of fanfare, a bare minimum would have been a bit of background to each player, their time at the club, their achievements etc.

53 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Just seeing this now, it would be nice to get another midweek announcement to tide us through to the weekend wouldn't it.

A new announcement or a current player re-signing again?

14 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

IMG_2477.jpeg.b83a21cfb13da0642ecc19a034664cf2.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Fucking hate when this happens when I’m in work, twitter watch with gaffers about isn’t easy 😁

Have I missed something here?

Traditionally hands down trousers content is reserved for responding to 👀 and 🖊

57 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Just seeing this now, it would be nice to get another midweek announcement to tide us through to the weekend wouldn't it.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Have I missed something here?

Traditionally hands down trousers content is reserved for responding to 👀 and 🖊

@Chinatoon Bairn providing the goods

47 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Fucking hate when this happens when I’m in work, twitter watch with gaffers about isn’t easy 😁

Just turn on notifications, Twitter tells you when there’s a post 😃

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

So in theory 20k of Griffiths covered? 

Actually found a cache that said they donated £31k in January 2022 so Shadwell is right if Griffiths was paid that amount for his tenure. 

Edited by Van_damage

2 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I was told that he was on 2.5k a week and the 1.5k reported was basically a lie. Had a 1st goal bonus of £600 which is why he took the penalty when we got one. Believe me or not but source is someone involved in the club, obviously not going to put them

I was told the exact same story 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Hearts seems the obvious move for Arfield from a level/capability point of view and for money. 

The intangibles in the equation are, he is thinking post playing. We can offer him a route into coaching and potentially management same as anyone else, so the level is SLIGHTLY less imoortant in that regard. He has quite literally already said he wants to come back and play for us. It still leaves a wildly unlikely situation, but what we are hoping for is the exception that proves the rule that these moves basically never happen. 

Its pure romance, but based on what the man himself went to the media and said, and the fact that what he wants is a post football pathway, let's at least talk to him, and offer that to him alongside the chance to fire us to promotion in a critical season for all, including young boys looking for the same path into pro football he took, and did so well from. 

The one thing that costs nothing is to lift the phone and talk to him. 

Eta I suppose the other intangible thing in the mix is how Scott Arfield himself feels about coming back to TFS and really retiring the 37 shirt. It will be in his head for sure. It would be quite the tribute to his best pal to do that. To finish what only one of them really got to start. Sometimes these things pull harder than pound notes. 

Can you imagine what the likes of Yeats and Carroll would learn from a season playing beside Arfield. They would be improving week on week. With the bonus of putting a rocket up the arse of those guilty of not giving it all on the pitch, he will be doing a lot of shouting that's for sure. Am sure he will have other offers but as you said a player/coach roll and an opportunity to end his career where it all started may tempt him.