The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Wonder if Regan Hendry would drop to this level. Probably has no end of offers from the 2 divisions above.

Hendry wouldn’t play League 1 again he’s too good for that league and couldn’t probably afford to pay what he’s looking for I reckon he stays down south or into the premiership up here 

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Hendry wouldn’t play League 1 again he’s too good for that league and couldn’t probably afford to pay what he’s looking for I reckon he stays down south or into the premiership up here 

You’re right. Just trying to start the rumour mill in my own head.

1 minute ago, GeordieBairn said:

Wont get much better than him tbh

I quite like Tumilty I'd have no issues with him signing for us I don't think he will though. Right back as been a problem for yonks although Rowe did an ok job compared to some of the shite we have had there in recent seasons. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wouldn’t have and said so at the time. Don’t think he would have either had Yeats not got hurt at Peterhead and was not 100%. He could have still played MCKay at RB and MacKie at CH. IMO this was the main issue where there is no defence for McGlynn

……..and I think Williamson would have been gobsmacked at getting the semi-final gig. To then turn in the performance that he did, and then get handed the play off gig was such a lousy piece of management.

On thing for sure……….keeping him is the right decision by the Board because expectations have now reached such low levels that the support are accepting of stuff that even a decade ago would have been seen as completely beyond the pale.

I think there is a growing acceptance that McGlynn isn’t a particularly good manager, and in reality, never has been a good manager, but I would guess for the majority, the semi final performance and the play off shambles are now accepted as par for the course. Initially there was anger, but that seems to have been replaced by a shrug of the shoulders, and “what can we do? He has to get a shot as his Phase 2”.

As I think most know, he is going nowhere, so there is nothing to do but go along for the ride. Who knows, he might even get us our opening day win for the second time in 15 years.

If nothing else, he has now completely run out of road in terms of excuses.

16 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

May I ask an innocent question? Are you for keeping McGlynn or would you rather see him gone?

The reason that I am asking is that it is all about perspective and from my "McGlynn out" perspective, I thought that McGlynn still had a lot of support here on P&B. @PedroMoutinho, @caractacus potts, myself and recently @Duncan Freemason have all been keen to see McGlynn being replaced but others such as @Back Post Misses, @grumpyoldman, @Reggie Perrin and @Shodwall cat all seemed to be in favour of keeping him on.

On that subject, if we were to hold a straw poll on P&B right now(Falkirk fans only please), who would vote to keep McGlynn and who would vote to trebuchet him?

Both Airdrie play off games and the league last quarter was not pretty viewing.

A manager who I've never seen looking like he has in that last quarter previously, flapping looking like the pressure has got to him.

He is going nowhere, little point of asking the question but a poor cup display in the Mickey Mickey mouse of cups will see him under pressure.

The league cup ain't a priority but the knives that are sharpened will be close to perfection if we are pish and a poor league start will see them at full power and he will be gone this year if he can't deliver early on.

He needs to at an absolute minimum start the league campaign well, see the fifers last season. The tail end mess is very much splitting fans and it won't be split if it goes Pete Tong.

15 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I am - you are spot on. Imvho, I don’t think Sheerin was a particularly young manager when we employed him at 46.

Inexperienced perhaps and those interviews will haunt me for a long time, albeit Rennie was worse 😶

1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

Wonder if Regan Hendry would drop to this level. Probably has no end of offers from the 2 divisions above.

He was at Tranmere last season on loan in league 2 and looked a shadow of the player he was at league 1 in Scotland. He is back in league 2 now with Forest Green. The loan was pre big Dunc coming in tho.

I’d have mcglynn gone. Didn’t lay a glove on our rivals, no title challenge, the arse fell out our season after defeat at EEP and to top it off he watched us go 5-0 down (something I still cannot believe). The 2nd leg - the players clearly had no belief and just went through the motions. 

He cannot change a game when things are going against us and cannot deal with opposition managers making changes during the game - see mcpake & McCabe. 

My reason for getting rid of him is he won’t change next season - it’ll be the same tactics, formations, passive football full of over playing in ineffective areas. His interview post Airdrie 1st leg didn’t do him any favours either. 

The “improvements” we’ve seen aren’t as impressive as made out - they are only impressive compared to our worst ever season. Considering the whack of cash he’s been backed with - I’d expect some improvements.

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He was at Tranmere last season on loan in league 2 and looked a shadow of the player he was at league 1 in Scotland. He is back in league 2 now with Forest Green. The loan was pre big Dunc coming in tho.

Just been released by Forest Green

I'd put myself on the side of keeping McGlynn but with no credit in the bank.

We really were awful since Dunfermline away (Ayr game aside) but I still just have the feeling that McGlynn can build a side capable of winning this league. However, even a poor League Cup group stage and you wouldn't see me backing him much longer.

Let’s be honest McGlynn has us playing attractive football for 3/4 of the season and unfortunately came up short when it mattered. Too many players lost form at the critical time. Would we rather watch McPakes team grinding out one goal wins with little or no flair? I think not. I’d give the management team another season and hopefully with decent signings we can win the league playing a better style of football. 

4 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Let’s be honest McGlynn has us playing attractive football for 3/4 of the season and unfortunately came up short when it mattered. Too many players lost form at the critical time. Would we rather watch McPakes team grinding out one goal wins with little or no flair? I think not. I’d give the management team another season and hopefully with decent signings we can win the league playing a better style of football. 

While I am happy to give the management team time, i’d 100% rather have the results that Dunfermline got last season than playing some decent football at times.  Would take 20 odd 1-0 slog fests over anything we done last season.