The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

So what you are saying here, is that when fans of other clubs, no matter what size come in here to give us abuse we have just to take it without offering anything back. I tend to ignore the abuse as god knows we have had it in bucketfuls the last few years but when one of us bites and enters into the banter we get it tight for being Billy bigbaws, we can’t honestly win.

Falkirk fans I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, just ignore these fuckers and they will eventually go away.

Spot on mate. I’d assume the boy Strichener has just had far too much to drink last night but even then some of the pish he’s came out with 😂.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Spot on mate. I’d assume the boy Strichener has just had far too much to drink last night but even then some of the pish he’s came out with 😂.

We have been so shit lately mate we are an easy target, we’ll soon have the juniors and Grangemouth Summer League fans on here giving us it tight 🤣

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

So what you are saying here, is that when fans of other clubs, no matter what size come in here to give us abuse we have just to take it without offering anything back. 

Not at all, but there are intelligent ways of going about that rather than resorting to easily brushed-off gutter tropes that fans of the ugly sisters resort to.

It's a whisker away from "What would you know, you support X".

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Not at all, but there are intelligent ways of going about that rather than resorting to easily brushed-off gutter tropes that fans of the ugly sisters resort to.

It's a whisker away from "What would you know, you support X".

Normally might agree with you on this kind of thing but when someone comes in trying to say Falkirk has given nothing to Scottish football and Peterhead have given way more think its completely fair to then argue Falkirks achievements versus Peterheads and as a result what kind of achievements we might have in the future. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Normally might agree with you on this kind of thing but when someone comes in trying to say Falkirk has given nothing to Scottish football and Peterhead have given way more think its completely fair to then argue Falkirks achievements versus Peterheads and as a result what kind of achievements we might have in the future. 

Except he didn't.  It never ceases to amaze me how many posters on this forum fail to understand the word 'relative', which Strichener used in his post.

13 hours ago, Springfield said:

Respect for McGinn for the only employee to apologise, I actually like the guy but he’s done. 
Sorry still Fckn raging over the humiliating performances since rogered in the semi. Appallingly not a word from anyone upstairs, but a podcast with Swinney next week. Not good enough, FFS is this had been Deans watch………..

I got an email from the club this week Bairns View. Did you not?

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

They kind of did. The Bairn View email/communication the day after the Excelsior clusterfuck stated that everyone needs to buy their STs asap in order to give John and Paul (not “the management team”) as much money as possible to build the squad for next season.

It’s not uncommon for Boards to put out a statement backing their manager regardless of how much of a contract he or she has. When something really bad happens (like Tuesday and Saturday of last week), that’s when statements do tend to make their appearance.

Whether the words below actually constitute a statement is down to individual interpretation, but given it was released after the 6-2 mauling, it makes it pretty clear that McGlynn and Smith will be in charge next season.

Your early commitment for next year helps the club to continue to prepare for next season, to help set budgets and to give John and Paul the strongest playing budget available. Everyone who signs up for the FSS and/or Forever Falkirk is also contributing directly to the playing budget, so please join if you are able to.

Not really comparable to whats being asked for on here.

11 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

No it wasn’t, and I do expect to get something at some point more detailed. But to say there has been nothing is just not true. 

45 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Except he didn't.  It never ceases to amaze me how many posters on this forum fail to understand the word 'relative', which Strichener used in his post.

Isn't it embarrassing when you try to patronise someone about a definition without using it correctly? To compare two clubs relatively to each other you have to compare overall resource and potential to impact. So responding with info about fan base, size of town, funding and achievements to assess overall impact is perfectly reasonable. That's exactly what was done from a Falkirk perspective.  

Again I really cringe at the billy big baws attitude at times but the irony of accusing a club of that attitude and then in the same breath discussing relative impact/performance. That is exactly why Falkirk fans are so mad. Because the resources, size and achievement of the club, RELATIVE to "smaller" clubs that perform better, means we should be doing better and the club are failing at every attempt for the last several years.

48 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No it wasn’t, and I do expect to get something at some point more detailed. But to say there has been nothing is just not true. 

Unfortunately any communication we do get, people will still find a way to shoot it down.

1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

It’s not an apology if that’s what you mean, but a communication released the day after the 6-2 game certainly puts any “sacked in the morning” ideas to bed.

Apologising for the pitiful performances in the play offs is something that might come along yet.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I got an email from the club this week Bairns View. Did you not?

I received that email on the 18th. In case my old eyes are letting me down, can you please point me in the direction of the apology?

Thank you.

In light of how much abuse we Falkirk fans take from every c**t and their aunty it got me thinking about supporters of clubs in Scotland. I wonder how many clubs would have kept their gates at the level we have and who’s fans would have stepped up financially in the way we all have, given the level of shite we have been served up the past 5 years. I’m not so sure every club would have received this backing going into their 5th season in League 1.

Despite what others say we truly are a loyal mob and the club should be thankful they have us.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

I think that's part of the problem, the club know that, they can rely on pretty much the same level of season tickets, merchandise etc to be sold regardless of the crap on the park and the excuses made for it. McGlynn trots out the "the club are thankful for your support" line at any opportunity, it's like it's been a clause inserted into his contract

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

In light of how much abuse we Falkirk fans take from every c**t and their aunty it got me thinking about supporters of clubs in Scotland. I wonder how many clubs would have kept their gates at the level we have and who’s fans would have stepped up financially in the way we all have, given the level of shite we have been served up the past 5 years. I’m not so sure every club would have received this backing going into their 5th season in League 1.

Despite what others say we truly are a loyal mob and the club should be thankful they have us.

I've never understood the hatred and vitriol that comes our way.

We aren't bigots, we aren't racists, we don't hold extreme right wing political views (well, except Dawson Park Boy. I haven't heard from him in ages, I hope that he hasn't passed away and I've put my foot in it again?). We are just an under achieving provincial club with an extremely passionate and loyal fanbase and yet numerous fans of other clubs come onto this thread spouting bile. I just don't get it, really I don't.

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

I think that's part of the problem, the club know that, they can rely on pretty much the same level of season tickets, merchandise etc to be sold regardless of the crap on the park and the excuses made for it. McGlynn trots out the "the club are thankful for your support" line at any opportunity, it's like it's been a clause inserted into his contract

I think with McGlynn that may be the case but I don’t honestly think the new board take us for granted in the same way others have. They are fans just like us and I think they will know that for what we all give we expect to see better. That’s why I don’t think McGlynn will be here if things aren’t going great early doors next season.

The end of the season was a disaster but I do find people demanding an apology a bit cringey. An apology means f**k all. Show your intent by getting signings in and getting c***s like McKay out. That will shift more season tickets than a ‘we’re sorry’ email IMO.