The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They also have fans that absolutely believed last night. Our support accepted  our fate before they went along, those that did anyway. 

They had the belief because their team finished on 96pts (a tally that would see them win the league in most normal seasons) and were well clear of their opponents. Not too mention the 4-0 in the first leg flattered Peterborough a bit.

We stumbled over the line in 2nd and were soundly beaten in that first leg.

23 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

I've seen Telfer every week and he's been fine for us good option to have, just because he hasn't performed in the 2 games you've seen him doesn't mean he's been poor for us.

Likewise McGlynn's tactics and selections which the OP criticised. 

No manager gets everything right or forums like this needn't exist 😉

Edited by Blame Me

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I've seen Telfer for you this year and thought he wasn't as good for you as he was for us. He's also sat on the bench and was a regular starter for us.

Do we blame Rhys McCabe for what has happened to Telfer 🤨

I’d stop now mate your having a mare! 😂

58 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

I've seen Telfer every week and he's been fine for us good option to have, just because he hasn't performed in the 2 games you've seen him doesn't mean he's been poor for us.

It was another Airdrie fan that came on here and said he'd been absolutely rotten.

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It was another Airdrie fan that came on here and said he'd been absolutely rotten.

Absolutely rotten is so harsh, he had a spell where he put in a couple of bad performances and found himself out the team but overall he's steady at this level and would be happy to have him here next year.

On 17/05/2023 at 10:15, 18BAIRN76 said:

Maybe a bit of a difference for Hetherington playing in a team which is more defensive-minded, has less of the ball and has to dig in, compared to playing for Falkirk in League One when, for a significant number of of games at least, you’re going to have more possession and be on the front foot?

The Alloa teams in which Hetherington flourished weren't defensive minded at all. His best spells were playing alongside Iain Flannigan in a midfield two that were always looking to get on the ball and dictate the play. We played a lot of lovely football, too much at times, and often didn't get the points we might have merited. Perhaps we would've been better off just scrapping but that wasn't the style we used. I remember John Robertson saying when he was ICT manager that you had to get in Alloa's face and not let us play as that's when we were dangerous. Hetherington did a lot of the ball winning for Flannigan but he was also very capable in possession. Whatever went wrong at Falkirk (and I would question why he was made captain immediately on arrival), it certainly wasn't that he was better off in defensive teams who didn't have the ball. 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Our fans had accepted it wasn’t going to happen, I include myself in that. You only needed to read on here (if you think this is a good barometer) The Wednesday fans looked like they didn’t. That is what I am pointing out. 

McGlynn just loves fans like you

I’m somewhat in pre-season mode of not giving a f**k and I’m also over the absolute clusterfuck we made of the play-offs having been raging for about a solid week during them. However, I feel a lot of the focus is the capitulation on the Tuesday night. While obviously it was incredibly embarrassing, the Saturday was humiliating in a different way - 90% of the players didn’t believe or try a leg. If you’re assessing the failure, it’s over the two legs, not just the first. 

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

No.

Do you think that the team is fighting hard for McGlynn and has 100% confidence in his team selection and tactics?

You clearly are just guessing though. I have no idea either way TBH. I would think it is better than most think but again I am guessing 

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

McGlynn just loves fans like you

And what about fans like me does he like? I think I have spoken to him for a combined 5 minutes on three occasions in a year.  

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I’m somewhat in pre-season mode of not giving a f**k and I’m also over the absolute clusterfuck we made of the play-offs having been raging for about a solid week during them. However, I feel a lot of the focus is the capitulation on the Tuesday night. While obviously it was incredibly embarrassing, the Saturday was humiliating in a different way - 90% of the players didn’t believe or try a leg. If you’re assessing the failure, it’s over the two legs, not just the first. 

100% should have been siege mentality - if they done that to us in 20 mins we can do to them. Get right in their faces and win your individual battles. But man to man we shat it and as you said they clearly didn’t believe. 
Thats McGlynns belief to instil in them, he didn’t but need to move on. Would be hard to have worse GK the coming season at least. 

3 hours ago, strichener said:

If we look at the relative performance of the clubs since we left the Highland League, we undoubtedly have provided more to Scottish football than Falkirk.  Ouch.

Of course you have. Since you joined the big boys league Falkirk have only played in 2 SC Cup finals and played in 2 other semis, played in two LC semis, spent 6 years in the top league, won two championships, played in Europe, moved to a stadium qualified to hold UEFA games won two challenge cups and brought in about £4m in transfer fees. Peterhead’s record clearly is way better especially as you have never been out of the third tier in all that time.

5. Improvement on last season not that it would have been difficult. Performances up to a point with Alegria in the side were good. Got nowhere near Dunfermline in the league. We never turned up in the big games which is exactly like us apart from the Ayr game. Performances and results poor for months towards the end of the season, and any goodwill towards McGlynn evaporated and now most not all I think feel he's not up to the job. Really can't be arsed with him in charge again next year basically because he won't change his tactics and is a stubborn buffoon. That will also have a bearing on where I think we will finish next season, for me it won't be 1st. Edit to add if he's still here. I hope he isn't but the deafening silence from the board would suggest he stays. They need grow a pair and make a statement one way or the other.

Edited by ebobsboy

3. We didn’t even get the second prize. Half decent run didn’t disguise we’ve got a core of charlatans/shite bags. Didn’t lay a finger on our noisy neighbours and Airdrie. The last two weeks were humiliating to every single fan. Followed by a car crash interview that should have seen the manager walk, (so far no word from BOD) and if not the BOD should have released. Desperately need to sign at least 6/7 players that are better than what’s still here.