The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Doesn’t this Championship play-off match highlight what a bunch of gutless wonders we have, from management right through the playing staff.

Sheffield Wednesday: total commitment, effort, belief, guts, bottle, willingness to go to the very end

Our lot: just get through the 90 minutes without too much further embarrassment then off on holiday.

There could not be a greater contrast.

3 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Sheffield Wednesday: total commitment, effort, belief, guts, bottle, willingness to go to the very end

Our lot: just get through the 90 minutes without too much further embarrassment then off on holiday.

There could not be a greater contrast.

Big Darren Moore has kicked every ball with his team too.

The players looking across and seeing the passion from him could not fail to be inspired.

Lessons to be learned.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is not about crowdwanking. It is about clubs who just don’t contribute anything financially to Scottish football as a whole. 
Look at Edinburgh. 11 fans at Dumfries, 13 fans at Falkirk but able to compete because someone is bankrolling it. 
Queens Park, Kelty, Cove, Edinburgh - Darvel trying to buy their way up. It just doesn’t sit right to me

A bit rich coming from a club that can't balance their budget with a massive support.  Cove etc. don't exist for the benefit of others and to suggest that they don't add anything to Scottish football is just daft.  They employ footballers and other staff in the same way Falkirk do, just with more success on the park.

We've lost 15 players and added one so their.shoukd be a good number still to come in. The budget won't have the same level of cash sucked out it to payoff holts dross this season so even a slightly lower budget should see there being the same amount available for new recruits.

On 17/05/2023 at 11:06, Blame Me said:

FTV Lewis stating on the Falkirk Daft podcast that Henderson confirmed he wants to be a centre-back 🤨

It was on our episode in September with Liam and Paul Watson. Think I asked about his versatility being able to play centre back, left back, or midfield. His preference then was centre back.

Can listen here https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-falkirk-fc-podcast/id1623438994?i=1000579361717

Edited by Barr

You could see he has similarities to Sheerin in that respect. His dig at the support “you wanted two strikers so we gave you two strikers so then you moan that the shape is wrong. Shape has nothing to do with it” was him saying “I know best” when clearly, the penny hasn’t dropped that younger coaches have moved on, and he is left with his outdated system, and in fact, he doesn’t know best….not by a long chalk.

Spot on. I couldn't help but think this clown doesn't know what he's doing. It's absolutely the wrong choice to keep him and it will end in failure, I just think this is going to be one clusterfuck too many. I really hope I'm wrong 

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

You could see he has similarities to Sheerin in that respect. His dig at the support “you wanted two strikers so we gave you two strikers so then you moan that the shape is wrong. Shape has nothing to do with it” was him saying “I know best” when clearly, the penny hasn’t dropped that younger coaches have moved on, and he is left with his outdated system, and in fact, he doesn’t know best….not by a long chalk.

Spot on. I couldn't help but think this clown doesn't know what he's doing. It's absolutely the wrong choice to keep him and it will end in failure, I just think this is going to be one clusterfuck too many. I really hope I'm wrong 

Finished 2nd to a team who lost 1 game, Scottish cup semi final and league cup knockout rounds. Some real shite at the end of the season, will give you that, but not sure Mcglynn has proven himself a dinosaur quite yet. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Seems strange timing going full time on the way down instead of on the way up. Won't be cheap matching part-time players total incomes. 

Ayr United did the same strange thing a few seasons back.

Got promoted to the Championship in 2016, stayed part-time and subsequently bought a return ticket to the seaside league before turning full-time in the summer of 2017 and winning promotion again in 2017/18.

45 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Finished 2nd to a team who lost 1 game, Scottish cup semi final and league cup knockout rounds. Some real shite at the end of the season, will give you that, but not sure Mcglynn has proven himself a dinosaur quite yet. 

Given the amount of flapping he does you can only hope one day he might take flight.