The Falkirk FC Thread

So signing Jamie MacDonald would result in season tickets lost?  Christ, Old MacDonald and some of his animals would be an improvement on what we have.  Jamie would be a good signing.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

Just now, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Doubt we could attract a better calibre of keeper but my depression is bad enough without having to be reminded of 2015 every Saturday.

Just think about his performance in the semi final then when he was superb.

3 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Ah it's not the same man.

The only redemption would be if he came back and saved the final penalty in Scottish Cup final shootout.

Then I'd forgive him.

If McCracken had taken one for the team as he should have, MacDonald would never have had the save to make. Granted he should have done better but he was completely exposed and the runner wasn't tracked either. He wasn’t blameless, but he certainly wasn’t solely to blame. 

It’s a key position that needs filled correctly anyway. Whoever we get needs to be good for saving us next season alongside a well drilled defence. The calamity we saw in the last number of weeks needs put in the bin. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

If McCracken had taken one for the team as he should have, MacDonald would never have had the save to make. Granted he should have done better but he was completely exposed and the runner wasn't tracked either. He wasn’t blameless, but he certainly wasn’t solely to blame. 

This. 

Next season’s team is going to have a lot more than a passing resemblance to this season’s team. Not precisely of course, but it”ll be PJ (or another) and feature McCann, Mackie, McKay, Donaldson, Henderson, McGinn, with Yeats and Lawal in the “almost like a new singings” roles, Nesbitt, and Oliver. Maybe Watson too.

It all depends what he uses the wages of Martin, Hetherington and McGuffie to bring to the table. Will he even get last season’s budget plus £150k to play with? I am not certain that the Board would take that risk again with McGlynn.

Anyhoo, no STs being bought if we sign McDonald, but happy to buy them with McGlynn as manager? Strange line in the sand, that one.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

100%. 

Guest Ecosse83
22 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Doubt we could attract a better calibre of keeper but my depression is bad enough without having to be reminded of 2015 every Saturday.

Your depression might have to take one for the team Bairney 😂

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Everything these Pars fans write is in pursuit of painting James McPake as some sort of managerial messiah. I mean, the guy did a really good job, but the gymnastics you see from them rabbitting on about how their squad that came down was utter dung, but then also how little signings they made, and how he turned water to wine etc.... 

Dunfermline had a better squad than us. McPake was significantly more competent than the fools who rpeceded him. That combination was enough to pish the league.

What an odd and wildly incorrect take. I understand you're hurting right now after yet another Falkirk failure but there's no need to post nonsense.

Not one Pars fan thinks McPake is a "managerial messiah" and at no point has any Pars fan claimed anything of the sort, unless it was done in a light-hearted manner. Many - myself included - found his style of play to be extremely frustrating at times and felt our squad was missing a lot of depth.

I doubt that you or the vast majority of Falkirk fans felt we had the stronger squad last August. As recently as January/February there were a lot of Falkirk supporters still confident they'd chase us down. This sudden attempt to spin it as "Pars had the stronger squad and were always going to win the league" is as hilarious as it is predictable.

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

It’s a key position that needs filled correctly anyway. Whoever we get needs to be good for saving us next season alongside a well drilled defence. The calamity we saw in the last number of weeks needs put in the bin. 

God only knows who is going to make that happen. McGlynn and Smith had them for a full pre-season, and a full 36 game league campaign, and never got them anywhere near being a competent defence……..and other than a right back, the same guys are likely to feature again.

58 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Next season’s team is going to have a lot more than a passing resemblance to this season’s team. Not precisely of course, but it”ll be PJ (or another) and feature McCann, Mackie, McKay, Donaldson, Henderson, McGinn, with Yeats and Lawal in the “almost like a new singings” roles, Nesbitt, and Oliver. Maybe Watson too.

It all depends what he uses the wages of Martin, Hetherington and McGuffie to bring to the table. Will he even get last season’s budget plus £150k to play with? I am not certain that the Board would take that risk again with McGlynn.

Anyhoo, no STs being bought if we sign McDonald, but happy to buy them with McGlynn as manager? Strange line in the sand, that one.

He surely signs a new gk, A main centre back that donaldson or watson can partner( mckay can f**k off) and defintely need a right back. Striker not important imo as allan and aygeman with oliver as back up. Wishful thinking we will get any of the above though. 

We have had more players do a job on us rather than a job for us these past five years.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

What an odd and wildly incorrect take. I understand you're hurting right now after yet another Falkirk failure but there's no need to post nonsense.

Not one Pars fan thinks McPake is a "managerial messiah" and at no point has any Pars fan claimed anything of the sort, unless it was done in a light-hearted manner. Many - myself included - found his style of play to be extremely frustrating at times and felt our squad was missing a lot of depth.

I doubt that you or the vast majority of Falkirk fans felt we had the stronger squad last August. As recently as January/February there were a lot of Falkirk supporters still confident they'd chase us down. This sudden attempt to spin it as "Pars had the stronger squad and were always going to win the league" is as hilarious as it is predictable.

This is a wild take tbh, not inkeeping with a number of posts from Pars fans... But to claim your posts were tongue in cheek, then claimed we were confident of chasing you down with a straight face is the best bit of the lot. 

Absolute shite m9