The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We all know how poor the cash was last summer after the massive overspending of the previous season. Could have been a cashflow reason?

So given this season's budget was higher than last season, does that mean the club massively overspent this season too?

1 minute ago, Big chungus said:

Not a huge fan of this tbf. 

He was pretty solid for us on the whole. Yes the odd mistake but then at this level you aren't going to get a faultless keeper. His experience will help and his organisational skills at the back would be very handy. 

3 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

So given this season's budget was higher than last season, does that mean the club massively overspent this season too?

The balance sheet will show at the next AGM whether we did or didn't.  I very much doubt it'll  be 1.2 million in the red like deans and his clowns managed to rack up that's for sure.

45 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So that makes it all right? Scottish football is full of these play things 

I couldn’t give two shites if it’s good bad or indifferent.

We’ve been kicking off each season for a decade or so, with a huge minus debt, with various BODs begging for cash, back the manager pish, get your early season ticket etc etc to be treated with an appalling array of so called football players that have nothing been short of embarrassing.

We’ve got a core support of 4K which almost embarrasses three or so SPL clubs, and the majority of the championship.

Maybe I’m just envious of a small football club that have people willing to plough in cash.

Lastly if it’s true we’re signing McDonald four STs will not be getting renewed. Another poor dinosaur easy signing for yours truly.

1 hour ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

I can't  not be only Falkirk Fan who cringes at this, especially way we been last few seasons, fair enough comment if we 15 point clear next March, 

I'm more interested in what players we sign in summer now we seem to have gave Mglynn another go, rather than go crowdwanking etc 

It is not about crowdwanking. It is about clubs who just don’t contribute anything financially to Scottish football as a whole. 
Look at Edinburgh. 11 fans at Dumfries, 13 fans at Falkirk but able to compete because someone is bankrolling it. 
Queens Park, Kelty, Cove, Edinburgh - Darvel trying to buy their way up. It just doesn’t sit right to me

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We’ve been kicking off each season for a decade or so, with a huge minus debt, with various BODs begging for cash, back the manager pish, get your early season ticket etc etc to be treated with an appalling array of so called football players that have nothing been short of embarrassing.

We’ve got a core support of 4K which almost embarrasses three or so SPL clubs, and the majority of the championship.

Maybe I’m just envious of a small football club that have people willing to plough in cash.

Lastly if it’s true we’re signing McDonald four STs will not be getting renewed. Another poor dinosaur easy signing for yours truly.

I hope we don’t sign him. 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is not about crowdwanking. It is about clubs who just don’t contribute anything financially to Scottish football as a whole. 
Look at Edinburgh. 11 fans at Dumfries, 13 fans at Falkirk but able to compete because someone is bankrolling it. 
Queens Park, Kelty, Cove, Edinburgh - Darvel trying to buy their way up. It just doesn’t sit right to me

👍

39 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

I think he’s alluding to the 1.2million loss we racked up in that year, it obviously made things a bit tight financially! Pretty certain that won’t be the case when this years accounts are published under the new fan ownership structure and BOD.  I think we at least start next season on a much more stable footing financially if nothing else. 

41 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If the signing of a player stops you renewing,don't let the turnstile hit your arse on the way out.

Guest Ecosse83

After watching PJ Morrison and Brian Kinnear play between the sticks this season I’m absolutely staggered folk are dead against signing MacDonald. 

He would be a massive upgrade on both! 

14 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

But we’ve got folk not renewing their ST’s if we sign him 🤣🤣

He will renew. If you bought after they appointed sheerin following the utter disaster of M&M you will again this summer