The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

We need a strong, consistent spine. Solid GK, strong CH, tough tackling box to box midfielder & a proper goal scorer at this level. 

Do you also advocate for Four Four Fucking Two, Mike?

8 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Doesn't surprise me one bit that Hetherington's fitting in well with Dick Campbell's total football.

IMG_7646.png

Wild how Dunfermline kept getting accused of being a long ball team.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Feels strange wanting Airdrie to win for the first time ever. Don’t want them anywhere near our league next year. 

Hamilton on top so far. Shows how pish we are - we were 3-0 down by this point.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Which is great but only if the silly, auld fart ain’t going to persist with him on the bench (I’ve resigned myself to the fact that the board think he’s done a good enough job to remain in role)

McGlynn isn’t leaving. If he was, he would have been out last Tuesday or Saturday. If those play off performances weren’t enough for the club to part with his services, there’s nothing else on the horizon that will see him go.

I doubt that the Board have been impressed by him, but he has obviously done enough to persuade our decision makers to keep him in place for his recently dreamed up “Phase 2”.

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Feels strange wanting Airdrie to win for the first time ever. Don’t want them anywhere near our league next year. 

I want them beat

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What I’m seeing from Hamilton so far, I’m impressed. 

You not think Airdrie will be a dangerous adversary next season ?

My concern is our mentally fragile squad, many of whom will be retained, will be scarred after so many pumpings from them.

Both will be a dangerous adversary but I’d back Hamilton to get more points than Airdrie over the course of the season so I hope the diamonds stay down. 

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What I’m seeing from Hamilton so far, I’m impressed. 

You not think Airdrie will be a dangerous adversary next season ?

My concern is our mentally fragile squad, many of whom will be retained, will be scarred after so many pumpings from them.

It will have no effect at all IMO

Pretty decent watch tbh. Hamilton big physical dominated early but look like they have nothing up front, Airdrie not in it but coming more into it as the half wore on. They do have something up front but can't get the service to them. I think if Airdrie get the opener I can see them getting a few. The boy Smith for Hamilton has had a great game so far he's not allowing McCabe a chance to get on the ball and dictate. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Disagree, our record since we’ve joined this league against the clubs that have finished top 4 each season has been really poor. 

Got nothing to do with next season what happened 3/4 years ago. No one left from then anyway.