The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Pretty much covered in the past few pages. No surprises whatsoever with the squad news release. Spine of team still signed that failed the club so cheaply/miserably and it’s the next few weeks that will either put us back on the map, or put us into the abyss should he get it wrong.

You are assuming of course that the manager (whoever he is) doesn’t move one or two on even though they have a contract or other clubs may want one or two. 
Far too early to judge anything till we see who is coming in and still to go out 

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just thinking with Stirling Albion replacing Peterhead and Clyde probably beating Annan will the league need renaming? 
Falkirk, Dumfries, Airdrie/Hamilton, Montrose, FC Edinburgh, Kelty, Stirling Albion, Hamilton(Clyde), Alloa and Cove Bay 

Hick Toon League? 

League Sponsor - Deliverance-oo !!

10 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Do you know how would this change with the addition of the reserve team? 

No idea if we are having one or not. 

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You are assuming of course that the manager (whoever he is) doesn’t move one or two on even though they have a contract or other clubs may want one or two. 
Far too early to judge anything till we see who is coming in and still to go out 

Ain’t assuming anything, just stating the obvious. Doesn’t matter who’s at the helm, as long as it’s someone who Is capable of building a team and getting the club out of this shitehole, for me preferably it’s not the current clown. Let’s not fart around, this is probably the most critical close season for getting the correct players in place. 

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Any idea who is going to score our goals?

Our top 3 scorers were Morrison, Kennedy and Burrell (13, 9 & 9).

If Morrison stays, Agyeman (spelling?) and Allan (13, 10 & 12).

Goals weren't our problem, conceding stupid goals especially at corners and set plays. The inability of Donaldson and Mackay to communicate or even to grab the initiative or just punt it out/clear. Numerous examples throughout the season of this.

We scored 7 more than the league winners but conceded 18 more.

Think the biggest issue with the release list as others have mentioned it's the easy ones to let go and the end of loans which are automatic.

I suspect the bulk of the wage bill is still being spent on guys under contract who just aren't good enough.

That'll be the club and McGlynns big challenge, if they can't empty guys like Donaldson and Mackay and let's face it, who'd want them that's going to pay them the same as we probably are then recruitment could be a struggle again. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The big no. 10 for Annan looks decent, his hold up play and linking with the on running midfielders is good.

Quite like the look of Dominic Docherty too, wee combative box to box midfielder who's kept the ball ticking all game. Number 8 for Annan. 

The list suggests to me we're likely to keep Watson.  Why not just announce him as released but offer him training facilities.  Can't remember us ever publicising that before and suggests to me McGlynn thinks he may up signing him if no better options appear.  

6 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

The list suggests to me we're likely to keep Watson.  Why not just announce him as released but offer him training facilities.  Can't remember us ever publicising that before and suggests to me McGlynn thinks he may up signing him if no better options appear.  

If he breaks down in pre season it's not on us, if he comes through it maybe a six month deal. He's not getting any younger. Or pay as you play. Watson would be too much of a gamble for me to offer him longer. 

Having finally caught up with the Falkirk Daft podcast I think we can expect to see Mackie, Henderson and Donaldson as part of any preferred defensive lineup.

I've a gut feeling McKay will be offloaded like Hetherington eventually was once the midfield deficiencies are addressed, allowing Henderson to move back.

I think if we can get a settled defensive unit in place and avoid the, at times, enforced changes for Williamson we might have a base to build from. 

McCann unfortunately becomes the conundrum again. Not good enough to start but too good to sit on our bench. 

7 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Having finally caught up with the Falkirk Daft podcast I think we can expect to see Mackie, Henderson and Donaldson as part of any preferred defensive lineup.

I've a gut feeling McKay will be offloaded like Hetherington eventually was once the midfield deficiencies are addressed, allowing Henderson to move back.

I think if we can get a settled defensive unit in place and avoid the, at times, enforced changes for Williamson we might have a base to build from. 

McCann unfortunately becomes the conundrum again. Not good enough to start but too good to sit on our bench. 

For probably 80% of games, or more, his attacking abilities outweighs his perceived (overstated IMO) defensive weakness