The Falkirk FC Thread

An old head CH and a goalscorer akin to the likes of Declan McManus can make all the difference at this level. I’m like a broken record but I honestly think 4 experienced players at the spine of the team keeper, CH, centre mid and up front can make all the difference at this level, as long as they are semi-decent.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Following the conclusion of the 2022/23 season, Falkirk Football Club can confirm that the following players will leave the club upon the expiration of their contracts next month:

Ryan Williamson

Steven Hetherington

Craig McGuffie

Rumarn Burrell

Paddy Martin

Blair Sneddon

Finlay Malcolm

Lennon Walker

Kyle Connolly

The Club was pleased that after a long injury lay-off Paul Watson was able to return to the pitch towards the end of the 2022/23 season. Paul has been offered training facilities with the club for the coming pre-season.

The following players have also departed the club following the expiration of their loan deals:

Blaine Rowe

Archie Meekison

Brian Kinnear

Matthew Wright

Maksym Kucheriavyi

Kai Kennedy

Mad that Mcglynn never played Burrell, pissed him off so much that he decided to go elsewhere, then threw him in for both crunch playoff games, where his head or heart wouldn’t be in it. I don’t care if Burrell is maybe a bit of a fanny - that is absurd management 

No shocks there. I imagine Burrell is probably getting a move elsewhere, and for all he can be a very good finisher he’s nowhere consistent enough. 

It never worked out for McGuffie in the end with us, but I would thank him for delivering the best goal that I’ve seen in the flesh. It was a pleasure to watch - a proper once in a generation type goal. 

4 hours ago, Donathan said:

The lead being cancelled and PPG applied when we’d have easily won it if the last eight games had been played.

Even if we ignore how you go about spelling the word 'league', that is a ridiculous statement to make with such certainty.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Who else was actually out of contract? Because if they've not been bidden a fond farewell, have they signed extensions/we've picked up an option?

I’m pretty sure it leaves McGinn, Lawal and Oliver who I imagine have all agreed/been offered terms. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I really, really disliked Mark Durnan btw. I grew increasingly seething each week he started games. Can't remember who I felt should start instead, and no Inclination to go and look. 

I remember him getting into it with a fan up at Forfar when we were a goal up. We were getting ridden senseless and absolutely were lucky to get out of dodge with the points that day, but Durnan felt the the need to remonstrate with a critical fan because we were a goal up. A p***k. 

As far as cluster f*cks in Defence go his mojo was player gets past him scores and shouts at everyone else to cover up his f*ck up and make out it wasn't him at fault.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Who else was actually out of contract? Because if they've not been bidden a fond farewell, have they signed extensions/we've picked up an option?

I would guess so… Oliver, McGinn, Lawal have all triggered their extension option then. 

I dont mind PJ tbh I would much rather have seen him in goal the last of the games than Kinnear, possible more experienced player to come in and challenge or bring him on more ?

Happy if McGinn stays and I thought in regards to Oliver he did bring a lot more into play and was a bit unsung grafter though he said himself he isn't a natural goal scorer but did beat his own record for goals scored. Lawal if he stays will obv start more or bed in during pre season see how he does from the start.