The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

From a Rovers fan actually😂

Aye probably one of the ITK who says it then I doesn’t happen I’ve seen a few rumours on our thread about players linked and tbh I don’t believe it until it’s confirmed tbh 

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

They got sacked during Covid. They were appointed before but sacked during/towards the end.

So you didn’t buy when sheerin was appointed ? 

29 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I know you've had them before to limited success and stuff but I can't believe there are Falkirk fans seriously turning their noses up at Jamie MacDonald and Nikolay Todarov. That's just wild considering who you have in those positions at the moment and who you'd likely be able to get in during the summer window.

Said to my mate the other day that we could do a lot worse than letting Oliver leave and use his wages on Todorov. He's got two more league goals than Oliver in just over half the minutes.

12 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Said to my mate the other day that we could do a lot worse than letting Oliver leave and use his wages on Todorov. He's got two more league goals than Oliver in just over half the minutes.

Also bigger, more physical with the hold up side of things. 

5 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

We're in no way to be picky at all, you're not going to find a perfect keeper at this level. We've had Kinnear and PJ to watch and your'e turning down a proven Championship Gk. 

We absolutely need to be picky, the squad needs quality this summer not an average ancient goalkeeper.

PJ Morrison would be absolutely fine next season but that ship seems to have sailed and for how poor Kinnear was he wasn't the main reason we were conceding horrid schoolboy goals it was the rest of the defence. 

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We absolutely need to be picky, the squad needs quality this summer not an average ancient goalkeeper.

PJ Morrison would be absolutely fine next season but that ship seems to have sailed and for how poor Kinnear was he wasn't the main reason we were conceding horrid schoolboy goals it was the rest of the defence. 

You'd prefer PJ to McDonald? Come on now

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

What's the deal with Quinn Coulson? Can't see a signing announcement for him in January. Is he out of contract?

Not sure, although I expect he was only signed to the end of the season. Pretty sure we'll try to extend it, he's done well, raw but has ability.

4 hours ago, Trump said:

What’s his qualities, and why wouldn’t you see him being a regular starter at Falkirk?

I just don't think he's a good enough footballer, certainly not to play centre midfield and certainly not for Falkirk, given the level of player you are looking for.

He was a bit of cult hero at Alloa in his short stay, he's a likeable character and puts in some crunching tackles, including the one which got him sent off in fifteen seconds against Cove! 😆

I think he could be better at centre back or maybe even full back.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

We got the bare minimum of a playoff spot , improvement on points position etc in the league. We exceeded expectations in both major  cups which thankfully brought in a good bit of cash. On that balance the bod will give mcglynn another summer to build on that with the minimum this time being promotion. 

If the minimum is promotion then finishing 4th could achieve that.

Did seem most were happy with McGlynns accomplishments up till the playoffs this term with him having achieved 2nd so would a minimum of promotion not be a way to let him off the hook?

Should the target not be the title and therefore judged on whether he manages to have us top of the league? 

Personally I’d rather see us change manager but can’t see that happening. If he stays then don’t want to see him charged with anything other than winning the league. 

If you're going to bring in a MacDonald and it's not our former right back instead of an aged keeper then you really aren't going to have a great transfer window.

Guest Ecosse83

As much as I’d like change I think Mcglynn will be here next season. If someone had offered me 2nd place and a cup semi at the start of the season I’d have taken it so on the face of it Mcglynn has done well. It’s been the last 2 months capitulation that’s worrying! 

If he’s here I won’t bitch and moan, I will ultimately renew my season ticket as well (mostly because I want my wee lad renewing his making sure he retains his interest in going to the games). He will be under pressure to make a good start and the goal for next season is to be Champions so he best get his finger out and make some good signing. Anything less than winning the league will 100% be failure now! 

51 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

No. Why?

I find it odd when people bought after that season and are “threatening” not to buy now especially if you are an FSS member. If FSS members are not happy with the calls their reps make then they have the ability now to do something about it. Not buying a ST now doesn’t help. But everyone is entitled to do as they wish. 

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not buying a ST now doesn’t help. 

Funny how much you've changed your tune.  Haven't you been the guy advocating a season ticket boycott every year for the past 5-6 seasons??  Amazing what having some pals on the board will do.