The Falkirk FC Thread

Looking forward, McGlynn will get the chance to rectify this next season. Trying to find some positives, I’ve come up with the following.

The expectation will be to win the league and the excuse of improving on last year no longer exists. 
The squad leftover from this year is better than the squad left over from last year. 
The cup run should ensure our budget is at least as big as anyone else’s if not the biggest. 
Our first signing of the summer is a good one (on paper at least). 
The league looks weak as piss.

I know there are also plenty negatives but they’ve been done to death over the last few days. The excuses are gone, it’s win or bust and the summer is going to be vital. 

44 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

My worry is with his and our obsession with a  “squad”. Look at Airdrie, Dunfermline, Partick. Small first eleven that had the quality to turn it on and go on a run. I fear we’re spunking too much on the middling bunch to really  punch our way to any success 

Coming to the conclusion we should try a challenging financial budget and remove the favourites millstone from our necks and see where that takes us.

For me, it takes the pressure off everyone and the BOD can set a public goal of anywhere between 1st-4th. As we've seen in seasons past, comparatively smaller teams in 2nd-4th spots have gotten similar or better outcomes without being tagged as failures or big expectations.

Get a tight-knit, unfancied but ambitious squad to a championship and it's a greater feat.

Edited by Blame Me

51 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Your posts are long and often have some good points but this is just such bad faith shite it needs calling out.

He’ll be in the post next year because the board thinks he is the best man for the job - for a variety of reasons (improvement, lack of alternatives, reduced funds if we sack him, positive early summer signings sewn up). Not any conspiracy nonsense about covering their own back. It’s quackery like this that drowns out a lot of good points made on the forum. 

Not true. Best man for the job? You really think FFC have John McGlynn because he is the best man for the job? He is the man who fits the budget. Why is that so hard to get? Is it because it’s an unpalatable truth?
Much of the best interests of FFC is based on money.…….,and what the f**k are you rambling about “ covering their own back”??? Where the f**k did you get that from? By all means, have a pop, but for fux sake don’t make shit up.

Holy f**k.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not true. Best man for the job? You really think FFC have John McGlynn because he is the best man for the job? He is the man who fits the budget. Why is that so hard to get? Is it because it’s an unpalatable truth?
Much of the best interests of FFC is based on money.…….,and what the f**k are you rambling about “ covering their own back”??? Where the f**k did you get that from? By all means, have a pop, but for fux sake don’t make shit up.

Holy f**k.

What a load of slavering nonsense. Aye, alright, let’s add the caveat “within our budget” to add to “best man for the job”. Same for any business in the whole of the world. Jesus wept 

21 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

What a load of slavering nonsense. Aye, alright, let’s add the caveat “within our budget” to add to “best man for the job”. Same for any business in the whole of the world. Jesus wept 

Technically the best man for the job would be Pep 🤣 Somethings really do not need to be pointed out. I’d say at the time taking into account our budget and place in the pyramid McGlynn probably was the best available candidate for the job. Hindsight can of course change everything. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

On the goalie front I hope the rumour about MacDonald coming back is just that. p***k sold the cup final.

If McCracken doesn't misjudge the bounce of the ball, MacDonald doesn't have to make the save. Once he had misjudged it, he should have taken the boy down on halfway and taken the yellow card that would have followed. 

For me, there were faults all over the shop at that goal. How do ICT have a free man at the back post when they're down to 10 men, who didn't track the runner? 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Coming to the conclusion we should try a challenging financial budget and remove the favourites millstone from our necks and see where that takes us.

For me, it takes the pressure off everyone and the BOD can set a public goal of anywhere between 1st-4th. As we've seen in seasons past, comparatively smaller teams in 2nd-4th spots have gotten similar or better outcomes without being tagged as failures or big expectations.

Get a tight-knit, unfancied but ambitious squad to a championship and it's a greater feat.

I think we are back to being overloaded with players on the way down, and seriously light on players on the way up (or still learning). Very little energy in the team playing a formation and brand of football that even in L1, is a bit out of date now.

McKay, Mackie, Watson, McGinn, Donaldson, Henderson, Oliver, Morrison, Nesbitt (even at 26), are all now on the way down. There is no energy in our squad.

To get beaten for a second time by an Airdrie side more concerned with conserving energy for the play off finals, when we were supposedly playing to salvage a bit of pride, tells you everything you need to know about where we are.

56 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

You made shit up. You lied to make a point. I am sorry, you cannot fabricate a blatant lie, fail to address it, then expect to be taken seriously. Insult away……but you are a liar. Now that’s your choice, and I would suggest your lying is a bigger issue than anything else in this chat. Deal with it, but please no more lies. Recognise that you are a liar, and deal with that first.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You made shit up. You lied to make a point. I am sorry, you cannot fabricate a blatant lie, fail to address it, then expect to be taken seriously. Insult away……but you are a liar. Now that’s your choice, and I would suggest your lying is a bigger issue than anything else in this chat. Deal with it, but please no more lies. Recognise that you are a liar, and deal with that first.

I get the feeling you may think some kind of lie was told here? Not sure why I'm getting that sense?

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

On a day of shrill, entitled crying from yourself I find this the funniest bit. 

I'm imagining this whole thing said in the voice Homer makes when he gets all upset about missing the chilli cook off.

XPVrhdECQ0iZLCF-u_Gxlkqoe7DgZQ0goT2CE03yINk.png

Still more obsession over Falkirk. You must’ve really hated it when Falkirk were pushing Rangers for the championship, or when we were beating Hibs in the playoffs. 

I’d keep McGinn 100% no question. Not just about on the pitch but he’s clearly a leader off the pitch which we’ve lacked in years. In the Houston days, he use to say it was invaluable having players like McCracken, Kerr, Miller, Baird etc and we’ve not had leaders like that since. McGinn brings so much more than just the footballing side. Keep him and use him sensibly next year. He was immense in the game V ICT. 

17 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

McKay, Mackie, Watson, McGinn, Donaldson, Henderson, Oliver, Morrison, Nesbitt (even at 26), are all now on the way down. There is no energy in our squad.

Can't agree with your assessment of some on that list. 

Those I agree on are McKay, who has shown repeatedly he's not going to cut-it and I've got no qualms with letting Oliver and Morrison go.

Watson and McGinn have something to offer short-term and Mackie, Henderson and Nesbitt have plenty of energy if allied with the potential shown - predominantly by Yeats - and what we've seen of Lawal if he stays.

In losing our wingers I'd opt for playing narrower and look at getting a foil for Allan rather than replacing Kennedy or Morrisons width.

I actually prefer Nesbitt in a wider role than centrally.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm fine with us keeping PJ Morrison, I'll even accept Nicky Hogarth. 

Tbf this looks like one hellish performance - but he kept 20 clean sheets this season. Must have something about him.

7 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

the entire point of the post is that the fans should expect nothing less than promotion. The utter apathy of a huge section of the fans allows the club to continually fail with zero repercussion.

5 fucking seasons we'll now have been in this part time league and not once in 4 have we mounted a serious challenge.

The team is a disgrace. the manager is fucking clueless and the board need to understand it is not acceptable

Zero repercussions. The fans hunted a Board 18 months ago and put their own people in. Apart from that though you are right 😳
I still maintain something has gone off in the last 6 weeks. The Board need to get to the bottom of it. You don’t go from where we were to the last last week without something being amiss. 

11 hours ago, HopeStreetCadette said:

While the tie was a good as gone, the fact that Lawal didn’t get more minutes is ludicrous and should be talked about more.

He brings that unpredictability factor and the fact he barely appeared given the fact we looked totally out of ideas and creativity is mental to me. Should be getting a serious look in starting next season if McGlynn has any bit of credibility.

The reason for that is that our Land Before Time manager is a bit uneasy about a player who can beat a man and has trickery.

What use is Lawal when the instruction is to play a 3 yard pass sideways (or preferably backwards) or launch an aimless ball into the box for our non existent strike force.