The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Falkirk, as far as I was aware, were usually pretty decent at releasing attendances and number of away fans but I've not seen anything this time. One of the staff at the ground told me they had been advised to expect up to 1500 away fans which at the time I was dismissive of but there was a decent number in the stand by kick off although hard to tell when your sitting in it.

There looked about the same as Ayr brought, 1100

5 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Falkirk, as far as I was aware, were usually pretty decent at releasing attendances and number of away fans but I've not seen anything this time. One of the staff at the ground told me they had been advised to expect up to 1500 away fans which at the time I was dismissive of but there was a decent number in the stand by kick off although hard to tell when your sitting in it.

IMG_2039.thumb.jpeg.2eb47b2780d2b023009e0dd97c6cdbaf.jpeg

Stand holds around 1900 with over 300 per section. It looks around 1200 to me. Certainly biggest Airdrie crowd I’ve seen at TFS or Brockville in 30 years tbh.  

19 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I refuse to believe there aren't any part time players who would improve us.

We are at the bottom of the rung for full time players. We'd surely be at or near the top for part time players.

The issue with that strategy is that the best part time players generally don’t want to remain part time. There are of course one or two who have well paying jobs outside football and want to stay part time, but these are the exception.

I’s like to see us offering some of the standouts in the league full time contracts (like Agyeman) but I don’t agree that a hybrid model is the answer.

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The issue with that strategy is that the best part time players generally don’t want to remain part time. There are of course one or two who have well paying jobs outside football and want to stay part time, but these are the exception.

I’s like to see us offering some of the standouts in the league full time contracts (like Agyeman) but I don’t agree that a hybrid model is the answer.

So give them a part time gig and if they're good enough bump it to full time.

Full time players looking for a club have 20 teams better than us to pick from.

Just now, Gaz said:

The point is a top part time player is probably not going to come to us on a part time basis if he has a full time offer on the table elsewhere 

33 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I refuse to believe there aren't any part time players who would improve us.

We are at the bottom of the rung for full time players. We'd surely be at or near the top for part time players.

He was often lauded by the BBC commentators and given Man of the Match awards, purely on the basis of being a Rangers loanee. Kai Kennedy was pretty much the same when he was at Inverness.

24 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is a bit of a vicious circle. Spend less money on the team usually, not always, leads to a slip in quality. Airdrie of course this season have proven it can be done. 
We need investment. I believe had the Rawlins continued to be involved they would have continued to invest. 

Yeh know what you mean but can’t put the club at risk by budgeting with a gaping hole without any certainties of the cup runs/player sales etc to fill that gap. 

Was the Rawlins continued investment not just a case of acquiring more shares rather than plugging in money regardless?

33 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

6 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Yeh know what you mean but can’t put the club at risk by budgeting with a gaping hole without any certainties of the cup runs/player sales etc to fill that gap. 

Was the Rawlins continued investment not just a case of acquiring more shares rather than plugging in money regardless?

Not what I was told - there was additional funding coming through from another investor and most likely Rawlings would have increased their funding.

39 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Definitely worked well with Crawford Baptie.  Could do with a player of his ilk at the club. 

Edited by Van_damage

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not what I was told - there was additional funding coming through from another investor and most likely Rawlings would have increased their funding.

Do you know who the other investor was?

Do know the Rawlins next investment  though was to acquire more shares however they didn’t take the option. Was the other investor to acquire shares or put money in to the club? 

15 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Probably but I am convinced they would have helped to fund to get it to a level where it was self sustaining 

50 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

4080 is the figure on Flashscores. No idea how accurate though.

6 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Do you know who the other investor was?

Do know the Rawlins next investment  though was to acquire more shares however they didn’t take the option. Was the other investor to acquire shares or put money in to the club? 

I didn’t get much other than what I’ve said, believe it was friends of the Rawlings, and a further financial input but can’t confirm. 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Probably but I am convinced they would have helped to fund to get it to a level where it was self sustaining 

I wasn’t as convinced to be honest but to be fair to them they did put in £350k of money which they’ll never get back. Maybe would have found out their full intentions had we been more successful but unfortunately didn’t happen and they were certainly as much to blame for that money being wasted. 

Just now, Springfield said:

I didn’t get much other than what I’ve said, believe it was friends of the Rawlings, and a further financial input but can’t confirm. 

No worries. Didn’t hear that one. Know they had that other guy involved in Stellar Blue who was part of a football agency but nothing seemed to come of that. Maybe we’re banking on us to get out of the league to make their plan work. 

I’d buy my season ticket if we were in the lowland league or beyond. You do it because you love the club, not because of who the manager is. The only way I wouldn’t be renewing any year would be due to financial reasons. The club is bigger than any manager or group of players.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Has the skill to beat a man, no real pace and loves cutting in on his right foot.

McGlynns dream that a one dimensional player and gets found out far too easy and will consistently persist with it to try prove a point