The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

You’re obviously obsessed with us, knowing what we’ve done and not done. I don’t give a fcuk about DAFC, 

You got handed 500 grand during Covid from the Scottish Government the only Full Time teams that didn’t receive this was ourselves and Partick. That has to have benefitted DAFC. or did you hand that to the creditors you shafted  10 years ago with your CVA  zero pence in £. after years of being funded by a crook. 

You got a manager that for a period in time has got a tune out of guys Hughes couldn’t. Your manager is not the messiah and some of the players you mention you’re getting a tune out of  have no sellable value. Maybe next year they will be back to being mediocre again ?  That’s what you get with players at this level. Hughes is also a balloon a probably the main reason you got relegated. 

Airdrie have a guy who scored on Tuesday and has looked ok in two games this week that was a donkey with us. 

There is little reliability or consistency with any players at this level.

Yaaaasss!!! Let me know when your head comes back down from orbit.

To address your tearful nonsense:

- You don't know what the word 'obsessed' means, so you shouldn't use it

- Why would a club refuse an interest free loan during a time when income dropped massively? 

- Zero creditors were handed any cash, as per the CVA. I hope that continues to eat you up.*

- Yup, next season we may indeed be mediocre. I've never said otherwise. However, and this may shock you, every single always makes signings during the summer window

- Haha Hughes was definitely the main reason we got relegated. Shocking appointment by the board, although Grant's appointment was just as bad. Should McGlynn be punted you better hope your board doesn't entertain either of them!

11 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Brown was on the market until Fleetwood gave him an offer, fact. Now back to your own thread with you.

Are you unfamiliar with a multi club forum?

Brown absolutely wouldn't have settled for a League 1 club. That he got the Fleetwood job is ample evidence of that, but even if he hadn't then he would have strolled in to a Scottish Championship job at minimum.

*It was years ago. Get over it. Everyone else has. P.S. It may surprise you, but I had zero control over club finances. Indeed, I still don't.

24 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Brown was on the market until Fleetwood gave him an offer, fact. Now back to your own thread with you.

18 minutes ago, kiddy said:

As for candidates who should be getting looked at, & at least approached. Jack Ross would be the stick out candidate, at present. Unattached, club connection & hasn’t been in the job before. Whether he’d take it, would be another matter entirely.

Aye, you definitely seem to know what you're talking about with regards to potential managers. 

Reckon I'm gonna stay here for a bit, this is very, very funny. 

Few takeaway's from that interview with McGlynn.

Mentions needing a goalkeeper, right back, centre mid, winger and striker but no mention at all of a centre back.

Hints at still being in contract talks with current players and also players who were on loan with us this season. Better not be fucking Kinnear as he's not the answer, would be fine with Rowe but his tweet today doesn't strike me as he's planning on staying and McGlynn was talking as if it could be a winger but surely Kai Kennedy has much better offers than us on the table.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yaaaasss!!! Let me know when your head comes back down from orbit.  -  The only thing wrong with my head is watching this Eurovision shit on TV the moment and being bothered putting you straight.

To address your tearful nonsense:

- You don't know what the word 'obsessed' means, so you shouldn't use it  -  You Are fact.

- Why would a club refuse an interest free loan during a time when income dropped massively? - It wasn’t a loan, it was a grant. 

- Zero creditors were handed any cash, as per the CVA. I hope that continues to eat you up.* -  I know how it works I deal with folks busting companies every day and setting up again the next after cutting a deal with the receiver. The system is bent.

- Yup, next season we may indeed be mediocre. I've never said otherwise. However, and this may shock you, every single always makes signings during the summer window

- Haha Hughes was definitely the main reason we got relegated. Shocking appointment by the board, although Grant's appointment was just as bad. Should McGlynn be punted you better hope your board doesn't entertain either of them!

Are you unfamiliar with a multi club forum?  -  Yes quite familiar.

Brown absolutely wouldn't have settled for a League 1 club. That he got the Fleetwood job is ample evidence of that, but even if he hadn't then he would have strolled in to a Scottish Championship job at minimum.

*It was years ago. Get over it. Everyone else has. P.S. It may surprise you, but I had zero control over club finances. Indeed, I still don't.

I've just watched that interview, f**k me. The boys gave everything, we've improved, it's a two year plan. It's fucking league one the standard is atrocious. They were utter shite, with the exception of Mackie and yeats today they all flung in the towel. 

Even if by some sort of miracle he gets us up next year he's doing absolutely f**k all in the championship. Houston, arguably the best manager we've had in a decade or so couldn't manage it. 

I've watched every ball we've kicked this year, I've wasted thousands to be told we were unlucky we need to realise where we've came from. No you absolute weapon, you caused this by playing the same starting 11 because we won the last game, regardless of individuals performances or the opposition. So when you're properly found out you rely on players who haven't kicked a ball in anger in months. 

Get the c**t to f**k, get his 60 minute subs to f**k, get his negative pish one up front in league b*****d one at home to kelty to f**k, get his mulling over stats to f**k. 

That squad needs horsed, a complete clear out. Is a manager really gonna cost that much more. 

6 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I am fact?

A grant? Even better! Why on earth did Falkirk refuse that? That just seems silly.

Yeah the system is bent. I never agreed with the way folk and businesses were left out of pocket but I was never on the board. Also, if you think your own club would have acted differently you're at it, and I include paying back those who accepted the CVA, even if I disagree with things. Utterly irrelevant though and only being mentioned due to Falkirk being gash and getting pumped in the playoffs.

The 'multi club forum' part wasn't aimed at you. It was to the poster I quoted.

The introduction of “Phase 2” was dreamed up between Tuesday evening and this morning.

Talk of “not much” of a squad overhaul. A wee moan about how so much of the budget was spent before he took over…..yep, being restricted to only being able to bring in 17 players….so limited, and one of our poorest performers over the last 2 years gets handed a new 2 year deal.

We came up short? Really? 7-2 aggregate is coming up short. Laughable.

I neither believe nor trust him, but the BoD clearly do. C’est la vie. It will end in tears.

Someone made the point in our thread, Mcglynnball only actually worked with Regan Hendry.  Other than a short spell last season, it hasn't actually worked without him.

Edited by CALDERON

Fair play to anyone who sat through that interview or Tuesdays. 

Whether he remains in post or not, there's absolutely nothing I need to hear from anyone in a Falkirk Jersey or in the Falkirk dugout in the immediate aftermath, save for an apology that isn't coming. 

I seen it unfold. I know what happened. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Fair play to anyone who sat through that interview or Tuesdays. 

Whether he remains in post or not, there's absolutely nothing I need to hear from anyone in a Falkirk Jersey or in the Falkirk dugout in the immediate aftermath, save for an apology that isn't coming. 

I seen it unfold. I know what happened. 

Spot on.