The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Feels to me like a man who’s clinging on to what he can by mentioning “that night in the league cup group stages against Hibs”, something that happened in when, July? I know you guys got to the semi final which realistically is really good but the route to the final was hardly difficult and when you finally met a good team on the big stage it was a convincing defeat. Surely he doesn’t think he can dine out on that type of stuff for long, it won’t wash with fans. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

Just now, JulioBairn said:

McGlynn won’t be sacked. His future relies on a good transfer window so let’s see what they come up with. Get it right and we might have a chance, get it wrong and we’re all fucked. Buckle up. 

It’s not all about signings though. And they’ve been average at best. His tactics are awful.

1 minute ago, 1876 ffc said:

It’s not all about signings though. And they’ve been average at best. His tactics are awful.

You’re right it’s not all about signings but without an actual goalkeeper, a right back, a centre half, a midfield and a forward then tactics won’t matter a f**k. The signings are the first step. 

58 minutes ago, grahamstonbairn said:

No matter how the club try to spin it, this season has been another failure.

As we face our 5th season in League One it is surely time for change.

Fan ownership is great in theory but we need external investment if we are ever going to get out of this league.

Your season hasn't been a failure.  You finished in 6th place last season on 40+ points.  This season, you finished second on 60+ points.  You made it to a cup semi-final. It as hardly been a catastrophe.  

Perhaps a period of rebuilding will take time, and J McG needs that.  Do the Falkirk fans really want to have the reputation of their club having sacked more managers than Alan Sugar has apprentices?  Oh wait...

Just a load of nonsense from McGlynn, he has taken a softer approach in not totally blaming the fans this time but still couldn't help himself saying how folk need to understand how hard it is juggling under contract players and getting new signings. Well he's made plenty of his own signings so that doesn't wash.

The embarrassment he has caused in this playoff alone is sacking material. Get rid. 

I also hate reading other fans talk about weaker leagues and next season will be our time. We are established league 1 now, let's keep quiet and see where the season takes us. Probably disappointment again under McGlynn.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

By all accounts Falkirk outspent us this season.

We only made two permanent signings this season, both in the summer. Seemingly Falkirk made 11, although of course they shipped out absolutely loads (15 I think!).

This was to complement a squad who got relegated last season.

We of course used the loan market (5 of them over the course of the season). Falkirk apparently used 8.

Zero transfer fees were paid (apparently Falkirk paid a fee for Allan).

We had a load of players who, if they were punted in the summer, the vast majority of fans would not have missed. Guys like Mehmet, Todd, Chalmers, Breen and McCann genuinely wouldn't have been missed by most fans, but have been good to excellent this season.

The point of all of the above is that a good manager will see you through.

You’re obviously obsessed with us, knowing what we’ve done and not done. I don’t give a fcuk about DAFC, 

You got handed 500 grand during Covid from the Scottish Government the only Full Time teams that didn’t receive this was ourselves and Partick. That has to have benefitted DAFC. or did you hand that to the creditors you shafted  10 years ago with your CVA  zero pence in £. after years of being funded by a crook. 

You got a manager that for a period in time has got a tune out of guys Hughes couldn’t. Your manager is not the messiah and some of the players you mention you’re getting a tune out of  have no sellable value. Maybe next year they will be back to being mediocre again ?  That’s what you get with players at this level. Hughes is also a balloon a probably the main reason you got relegated. 

Airdrie have a guy who scored on Tuesday and has looked ok in two games this week that was a donkey with us. 

There is little reliability or consistency with any players at this level.

4 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

I also hate reading other fans talk about weaker leagues and next season will be our time. We are established league 1 now, let's keep quiet and see where the season takes us.

Agreed. 

A key takeaway from the interview, regardless of what you think of it, is McGlynn himself is under no illusions that only going up as champions will do.

The momentum he alludes to needs to be there from the off next season. 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I know it's easy tonight to decry everyone and everything but thought PJ did well today.

No chance with the calamitous defending from his central defensive pair at the goal but felt, some kicking apart, he merited starting today.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He was fine. Better than McGlynn’s keeper, that’s for sure.

Considering his lack of game time, he was fine.

Are folk honestly expecting us to change the manager. It’s not going to happen. 

I think the equation is a lot more straight forward for him next season though; start fast, hit the top of the league and keep us there or he’ll be out.

I don’t have much faith he’ll be able to do it but he’s going to get the opportunity.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

A sensitivity course?

Like he did last summer?

Scott Brown was not on the market for Scottish League 1. Absolute delusion.

Brown was on the market until Fleetwood gave him an offer, fact. Now back to your own thread with you.

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

I’m amazed more opposition managers hasn’t sussed him out take rovers record In Mcglynns last season since the December,  abysmal TBH , Watched the Ayr game aswell couldn’t believe Ayr lost the game as they had Falkirk on toast the first half 

You didn’t watch it close enough. Ayr were the better team for the first 15/20 minutes.

First & foremost, McGlynn is going nowhere; both in terms of his employment prospects & advancement of the team. Whether you like it or not.

As for candidates who should be getting looked at, & at least approached. Jack Ross would be the stick out candidate, at present. Unattached, club connection & hasn’t been in the job before. Whether he’d take it, would be another matter entirely.

If McGlynn is going to stay, as it would appear he is, I want an acknowledgement from the club of the abject humiliation of the last week and the wider failure to win promotion and a statement outlining what they are going to do about it and what the expectations are going into next season. The expectation should be winning the league. Nothing less. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

3 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Airdrie have a guy who scored on Tuesday and has looked ok in two games this week that was a donkey with us.

ATS?

It's amazing how coming into a well managed side where players are adequately coached and all know exactly what their role is can make players look okay. Even, and I say this grudgingly, Telfer has had some reasonable performances this season.

Conversely, and equally amazingly, reasonable players at other clubs arrive at Falkirk where they immediately become utterly abysmal.