The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Having watched Mcglynn teams through 2 spells at the Rovers which the majority of the time was enjoyable but the lack of a plan B was obvious to all the support , Play high press against a Mcglynn team and your laughing , Hes to loyal and stubborn but you were all warned and now your stuck with him , Watched both legs and TBH Falkirk were miles off it 

One of the more sensible posts by opposition fans. We struggle so badly against a team that has any belief we are there for the taking and press us. I think it’s why we got away with the Ayr game - they took an early lead, sat back and forgot how pish we can be. 

I don’t think he has lost the dressing room, but it’s damn near a certainty that we have a group of players who look uncertain of what it is they are meant to be doing.

Our back four seldom (if ever) look as though they are working together as a group. His 4-2-3-1 is yesterday’s news tbh, and the newest take (that works for the big boys) is 4-3-3 when you don’t have possession, and then switching to 3-2-2-3 when you have possession.

We didn’t even have a go today……against a side going through the motions.

10 minutes ago, Maine said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned in this thread but surely the best option for Falkirk is to punt Mcglynn ASAP and get McCall in while he is available. 

Why? You’d utterly stagnated with him and now you’re flying. Even the season down here you were an ever bigger laughing stock (very briefly!) than us for a while. Coupled with his “off field” issues - does it really seem a good idea? 

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think he has lost the dressing room, but it’s damn near a certainty that we have a group of players who look uncertain of what it is they are meant to be doing.

Our back four seldom (if ever) look as though they are working together as a group. His 4-2-3-1 is yesterday’s news tbh, and the newest take (that works for the big boys) is 4-3-3 when you don’t have possession, and then switching to 3-2-2-3 when you have possession.

We didn’t even have a go today……against a side going through the motions.

Aside from the hiding on Tuesday night, which is an emotional "get them all tae f**k" type reason for sacking him, this is the biggest issue in my head currently..... Can McGlynn recognise the changing needs even in Scotlands League 1, and recruit/setup to meet them? 

I think in recent weeks we have all sort of seen the slow unfolding of the desperate need for physical, strong and direct play. Has McGlynn seen that and begun to address it with Agyeman as the first signing? 

I think theres been a light shone again recently on the failure to adequately replace Alegria, but all didnt need to be lost because of that. We just needed to adjust our shape.... We had a number of striking options available. And we didn't do it. We plodded on with Oliver and occasionally misusing Burrell in the same system.

The 2 year deal for Nesbitt is more than an equal counterweight to the signing of Agyeman probably. 

20 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Nah that's just you looking for something there. I'm including Falkirk has a part of a potentially weak league.

Maybe to reword it as a league without a clear strong team.

Okay fair enough. I'd maybe argue it will be equally competitive again though. A Stirling who are investing as it stands probably an upgrade on Peterhead. Annan/Clyde also much of a muchness. Cove maybe more difficult to predict their fortunes and us/Hamilton will probably likely be in the mix. Add a resilient Alloa and a QoS going places under Bartley and the fact that Montrose won't go away either, I think it would be naive to get the hopes up...

I do want to give a bit of credit to everyone who makes content and give you a warning be careful what you wish for. Credit to what they do just now they're very consistent and  fast at getting highlights out.

Last game of the season the gossip I heard was you were looking for a new platform because whoever runs Falkirk TV is giving up in the summer. Now this may have been throwaway comment. It's not a given that whatever comes after will be better. I'm not a fan of Dunfermline's for instance...

Thing with McGlynn is he needs players to understand and then have the capacity to execute his gameplan. When he doesn't it looks directionless and dominance of the ball does not matter when the cutting edge isn't there.

His attention to detail is obsessive and I wondered at times if that holds him back. To be fair Rovers players absolutely loved him so I can't imagine he has lost the dressing room. 

Seen Falkirk half a dozen times and they look miles off the personal required. This is where the lack of plan B kills his teams.

Rovers fans saw very, very few games where it was tactical changes and astute subs which won the game. When it works its great but when it doesn't....

50 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Just please can we get folk that know how to run a football club to take over and get us going again. 

Three words: Football Monitoring Board.

I can't see him going anywhere. He'll be here for another year to try and right the wrongs of this season.Weve sacked a manager every season for as long as I can remember now and it's done nothing for us so I reckon the board will go for a bit of continuity and give him the close season to finish building a side and  see where we are come Xmas. Anyone who thinks anything else will happen I reckon will be disappointed unless mcglynn himself has had enough.

30 minutes ago, Maine said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned in this thread but surely the best option for Falkirk is to punt Mcglynn ASAP and get McCall in while he is available. 

Did you not go on a run of winless  games before you decided to punt McCall ? and did he not have a few off-field issues to deal with ?

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I can't see him going anywhere. He'll be here for another year to try and right the wrongs of this season.Weve sacked a manager every season for as long as I can remember now and it's done nothing for us 

That's because you keep appointing shite managers though. 

Our problem last season wasn't that we sacked two managers, it was that we appointed two diddys. 

59 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The last few games have been sore, the last 5 years have been sore. But as soon as we get folk that know how to appoint a half decent manager we will start moving forward again, getting best off shit like Airdrie will be a a thing if the past. Just please can we get folk that know how to run a football club to take over and get us going again. All we need is a bit of momentum!!

Don't kid yourself on. 

We have been schooling your team of bottle merchants for a few seasons now. If we go up this season someone will step up and replace us. 

You're a L1 club now. Enjoy your stay. 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

I can't see him going anywhere. He'll be here for another year to try and right the wrongs of this season.Weve sacked a manager every season for as long as I can remember now and it's done nothing for us so I reckon the board will go for a bit of continuity and give him the close season to finish building a side and  see where we are come Xmas. Anyone who thinks anything else will happen I reckon will be disappointed unless mcglynn himself has had enough.

My gut feeling is that you are correct. I feel like this has had enough mentions, although maybe im misremembering, but I think the new guys on the board have spoke about exactly that and if they are discussing that, might feel that they make themselves look a bit silly if having spoken about continuity and the need for a settled spell, they elect to bin another manager at the first available oppportunity. 

The fact of the matter is, either way is a gamble. I think the BoD will elect to stick with him. I hope some frank conversations are had though. 

Were it up to me, I think I would approach Jobby. 

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aside from the hiding on Tuesday night, which is an emotional "get them all tae f**k" type reason for sacking him, this is the biggest issue in my head currently..... Can McGlynn recognise the changing needs even in Scotlands League 1, and recruit/setup to meet them? 

I think in recent weeks we have all sort of seen the slow unfolding of the desperate need for physical, strong and direct play. Has McGlynn seen that and begun to address it with Agyeman as the first signing? 

I think theres been a light shone again recently on the failure to adequately replace Alegria, but all didnt need to be lost because of that. We just needed to adjust our shape.... We had a number of striking options available. And we didn't do it. We plodded on with Oliver and occasionally misusing Burrell in the same system.

The 2 year deal for Nesbitt is more than an equal counterweight to the signing of Agyeman probably. 

I genuinly love your positivity and enthusiasm mate. It’s refreshing to see somebody that has your attitude. You were positive about Hartley, Dallison, Brough, TOE, Oliver, McGlynn, Donaldson and Brad to name a few and in my opinion all have been massive let downs.

This is not a dig at all btw. I genuinely find it refreshing. Keep up the good work.

If the BOD had a set, we’d be looking for a new manager either later tonight or first thing tomorrow. 
We will not get promoted with this guy in charge.

Time for the club to reset and look at changing the model. Five years of absolute shite, decade(s)of minus cash flow before we start each season.

We are continually quoted of having the one of largest budgets, if so, where is this cash being spent? Do we pay over the odds to guys like McGinn / Watson to get them here, and if so does the remaining first team squad suffer as a consequence?

Should we be looking at the model of clubs that are hybrid/part time? 

Cross roads for me and I suspect hundreds of other supporters, today like many, was an absolute appalling display of players going through the motions against an Airdrie team set in first gear. Players that actually couldn’t give a toss, apart from maybe three possibly four. 
As said it’s the recurring theme - shat one.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My gut feeling is that you are correct. I feel like this has had enough mentions, although maybe im misremembering, but I think the new guys on the board have spoke about exactly that and if they are discussing that, might feel that they make themselves look a bit silly if having spoken about continuity and the need for a settled spell, they elect to bin another manager at the first available oppportunity. 

The fact of the matter is, either way is a gamble. I think the BoD will elect to stick with him. I hope some frank conversations are had though. 

Were it up to me, I think I would approach Jobby. 

Jobby hasn't had the same success since all his mates retired from football. That, his issues and the fact that he holds some kind of grudge from before when he  supposedly thought he had the job only for the bod at the time to appoint someone else. Might have been Holt are why I doubt he'll ever be back.That was why he knocked us back the last time.

Edited by Shodwall cat

13 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Think Falkirk could have Pep in charge and still fail.

It's almost like karma is rogering them for years of sicko behaviour

We get you don’t like Falkirk, in fact I think with you it’s genuine hate which over a game of football is so unnecessary, but please stop coming onto this thread to just try and start an argument mate. It’s not needed.

Please feel free to post here but try and have a bit banter eh. You could have stopped your post here after the Pep comment.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn