The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, bairn88 said:

Swinney saying we’ve signed 3 in the brockville bar is of absolutely no concern to me. Emotions running high and imo he is not a single part of any problem we have - anyone raging I bet has never met the guy. 

Not even in the top 5 worst things that have happened this year. Non story. 

Airdrie didn't have to do very much today and probably knew they just had to wait for our customary f**k-ups. 

Our style of play was a carbon copy of Tuesday.

Wingers who can't cross, trying to hit one or more strikers who aren't going to win high balls and a midfield who don't like to break beyond the lines. 

Add to that a defence who can't defend and you can see why we lost 7-2 overall.

Max was a standout until he went off - likely the effects of his earlier headknock - and I know I'll be in the minority but I'll credit Nesbitt as he gave us impetus along with Lawal.

Morrison and Kennedy flattered again and I do wonder why they are resistant to driving into the box these days and seem to start over when they got a sniff of the box.

If Lawal isn't on the retained list it'll be a travesty.

Edited by Blame Me
Correction

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Airdrie didn't have to do very much today and probably knew they just had to wait for our customary f**k-ups. 

Our style of play was a carbon copy of Tuesday.

Wingers who can't cross, trying to hit one or more strikers who aren't going to win high balls and a midfield who don't like to break beyond the lines. 

Add to that a defence who can't defend and you can see why we lost 8-2 overall.

Max was a standout until he went off - likely the effects of his earlier headknock - and I know I'll be in the minority but I'll credit Nesbitt as he gave us impetus along with Lawal.

Morrison and Kennedy flattered again and I do wonder why they are resistant to driving into the box these days and seem to start over when they got a sniff of the box.

We lost 7-2 overall. It’s bad, but let’s not make it worse. 

Really not sure where we go as a club from here. Mcglynn has got to go but I suspect the board will try to keep him. Majority of the squad can go too for me but we are unfortunately lumbered with the likes of Nesbitt, McKay and apparently Oliver.

I think season ticket sales will take a hit next year, especially given the 25% price increase to some categories. The last 2 seasons have had the attraction of fans being allowed back after covid and a new manager, but we won’t have that next season.

Either way there will need to be some communication as “give us your money” won’t cut it.

14 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Haha, now now, stop kidding yourself. We were magic on Tuesday and utterly destroyed you. Today was another tactical masterclass from McCabe, nullifying the dinosaur and his desperate tactics. 

Good times. 

You deserved to win, can’t argue against that with the score at 7-2. But even an average Falkirk should be winning by at least 3 goals against you lot. Airdrie are pretty poor hence why McGlynn has to go. 

10 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Swinney saying we’ve signed 3 in the brockville bar is of absolutely no concern to me. Emotions running high and imo he is not a single part of any problem we have - anyone raging I bet has never met the guy. 

I’m not raging and having spoken to Jamie his passion is there for all to see. I just don’t think it’s very professional. Just my opinion though.

18 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Excuses are in plentiful supply already:

“We’ve been better than last year!” - a 147-year low point for the club.

”Stability needed” - let’s keep a manager who has categorically failed this season, just so we can keep things the same!

”Let him build his own squad” - the same guy who has apparently exercised a years option on Gary Oliver and handed a new two-year deal to Nesbitt.

Holy f**k. 

Isn’t most of the squad that started/played the last 2 games for you his anyway? Nesbitt is now his because he gave him a new deal…

and could you really trust him with more funds to try and get out the league look at what happened to us the season he left, had the most money at his disposal and we got worse league position wise and because of a certain signing 

You'd imagine with no real competition that Falkirk would eventually trundle back up next season. 

Be a real shame if they didn't, though. 

17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I don’t know who Swinney is, but if he’s involved in the decision to keep McGlynn and let him sign more duds for next season, I think he’s doing a great job.

46 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I bought my ST and I give £30 to the FSS a month. I won’t stop as I love the club but f**k me they make things hard for us. I wouldn’t blame anyone for chucking it all in, I walked away for a couple of seasons when we got relegated but it sucked me back in. 

Wish I could say the same. My FSS is done now. Last few months has been as disappointing as last year. 

Genuinely glad that I won't see us play for another 2/3 months.

Edited by latapythelegend

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I don’t know who Swinney is, but if he’s involved in the decision to keep McGlynn and let him sign more duds for next season, I think he’s doing a great job.

You should’ve stopped there 

48 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Have  you forgot you got to the Scottish Cup semi finals made a huge 6 figure sum from that and finished 2nd in the League.

Okay just  missed out on promotion but huge inprovement from last season.

Will be massive favourites to win League 1 next season 

Not going up is the bottom line.

Failure. Can't be dressed up any other way.

49 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Have  you forgot you got to the Scottish Cup semi finals made a huge 6 figure sum from that and finished 2nd in the League.

Okay just  missed out on promotion but huge inprovement from last season.

Will be massive favourites to win League 1 next season 

We’ve heard it all before……