The Falkirk FC Thread

If the BOD had a set, we’d be looking for a new manager either later tonight or first thing tomorrow. A major reset required as this season has been nothing short of a disaster. FFS if we’ve to gauge our season on last years, sorry it doesn’t fit, and for those to quote league positions, seriously ?

The recent cup run has no doubt taken the pressure off, but were five seasons in a hell hole.

Have  you forgot you got to the Scottish Cup semi finals made a huge 6 figure sum from that and finished 2nd in the League.

Okay just  missed out on promotion but huge inprovement from last season.

Will be massive favourites to win League 1 next season 

I bought my ST and I give £30 to the FSS a month. I won’t stop as I love the club but f**k me they make things hard for us. I wouldn’t blame anyone for chucking it all in, I walked away for a couple of seasons when we got relegated but it sucked me back in. 

8 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Interesting to see who it is, signing players before we know what league we are in is school boy unless they are tremendous signings for League 1

Jve always stuck up for Nesbitt this season but he’s a League 1 player so a 2 year deal makes no sense! 

Why the Fck is Swinney talking about signings in a bar ?

If true get this fcker away. Appalling to think that after the shite of the past few weeks we have a CEO that thinks this sort of chat in view of Tuesday is acceptable? 

McGlynn is on a TWO year contract.

At the limited level of the third tier, why should ANY of these cash-strapped clubs be handing out multi-year contracts to any manager who NEWLY took over their club?  

In the case of McGlynn, don't tell me he had multiple clubs competing to sign him at the time that we did?  The negotiating power would then be with the club (us!) to dictate length of contract, take it or leave it...?

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Why the Fck is Swinney talking about signings in a bar ?

If true get this fcker away. Appalling to think that after the shite of the past few weeks we have a CEO that thinks this sort of chat in view of Tuesday is acceptable? 

If this is true, IF, it’s very unprofessional and shows a huge lack of business acumen.

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If the BOD had a set, we’d be looking for a new manager either later tonight or first thing tomorrow. A major reset required as this season has been nothing short of a disaster. FFS if we’ve to gauge our season on last years, sorry it doesn’t fit, and for those to quote league positions, seriously ?

The recent cup run has no doubt taken the pressure off, but were five seasons in a hell hole.

The good cup run is a bit of a con, we would expect to beat all those teams and if we hadn’t it would’ve been an embarrassment. 

He has to go, Airdrie are no world beaters and we’ve been annihilated by them twice this season. 

10 minutes ago, Falkirk Forever said:

McGlynn is on a TWO year contract.

At the limited level of the third tier, why should ANY of these cash-strapped clubs be handing out multi-year contracts to any manager who NEWLY took over their club?  

In the case of McGlynn, don't tell me he had multiple clubs competing to sign him at the time that we did?  The negotiating power would then be with the club (us!) to dictate length of contract, take it or leave it...?

I very much doubt you'd get any manager worth his salt taking over the pile of shite left from last season on a one year deal.

Excuses are in plentiful supply already:

“We’ve been better than last year!” - a 147-year low point for the club.

”Stability needed” - let’s keep a manager who has categorically failed this season, just so we can keep things the same!

”Let him build his own squad” - the same guy who has apparently exercised a years option on Gary Oliver and handed a new two-year deal to Nesbitt.

Holy f**k. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, Balde Bairn said:

You lot are awful as well, we’re just really shit. 

Haha, now now, stop kidding yourself. We were magic on Tuesday and utterly destroyed you. Today was another tactical masterclass from McCabe, nullifying the dinosaur and his desperate tactics. 

Good times. 

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

The Falkirk tv guy is quitting? 

If true then I don’t blame them to be honest. Taken a bit of unfair stick on here and other social media. They did a great  job for what is a thankless task. 

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Which of your players are still under contract next season?

All the hopeless ones.

Anyway, If we'd gone down fighting, shown a bit of pride and made this tie a contest I could almost, almost stomach another year of McGlynn. That it was such a capitulation, that he had absolutely no clue how to win this game, that the players were completely clueless about what they were supposed to be doing is all on him. He has to go. Bringing on Matthew Wright to try and get a goal. Jesus wept.

No desire, no fight, no football played , cannot defend, cannot score goals, chuckle brothers blaming each other for the goal. Airdrie never needed to come out of 1st gear, as did inverness. Felt sorry for Max, some player wish he was ours to build a team round. 

Swinney saying we’ve signed 3 in the brockville bar is of absolutely no concern to me. Emotions running high and imo he is not a single part of any problem we have - anyone raging I bet has never met the guy.