The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Maybe some fans think that it was going to take a bit longer to sort out the mess he inherited, and yes it was an absolute mess. 
I will concede however that if he is retained he will have to get off to a fast start or the pressure will absolutely mount from all sides. 

That’s the issue for me with McGlynn, if there were signs we were on the right track with him then the majority would be on the “give him time” side of the fence. The biggest doubt about him for me is we appear to be going backwards as a team and he doesn’t seem capable of rectifying it. Apart from Ayr, we have shat it in every big game this season and he appears lost after plan A doesn’t work.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Guest Ecosse83

Today will for me define Mcglynns future, if he shits the bed again and doesn’t put in a good tactical display and the result isn’t positive I think his position will be under serious threat or at least it should be! 

I’d understand the boards reasons for keeping him to try and get some continuity but that could backfire 4 weeks into the new season and it would be even worse having to replace him then! The last 2 months have been really worrying and I’m glad I’m not the one having to make these decisions! 

26 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That’s the issue for me with McGlynn, if there were signs we were on the right track with him then the majority would be on the “give him time” side of the fence. The biggest doubt about him for me is we appear to be going backwards as a team and he doesn’t seem capable of rectifying it. Apart from Ayr, we have shat it in every big game this season and he appears lost after plan A doesn’t work.

If we all cast our minds back to early season, we went to Airdrie and got beat 4-0. No-one judged McGlynn on that. Interesting how back then, the stats were good, and “in no way was it a 4-0 game”.

Over the season, real improvement would have us all looking back at the Airdrie game saying “Remember when Airdrie battered us. Look how far we have travelled since then”.

We can’t. Our most recent game was 6-2 battering by Airdrie. Topping and tailing a season by getting mauled in that fashion has got to bring about doubts as to the reality of our improvement.

Someone had asked about Sheerin’s last 10 games (where he went off the cliff) against McGlynn’s……that’s where you will see the difference.

Sheerin’s last 10 games……..12 points. McGlynn’s last 10 games……..13 points.

Most would point to the improvement in recruitment, and it was undeniable that the players brought in were indeed an improvement. Yet here we are, still getting battered in L1.

None of it matters of course, as even another defeat today won’t see McGlynn leaving the club. As for him “moving upstairs”……….please don’t.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If we all cast our minds back to early season, we went to Airdrie and got beat 4-0. No-one judged McGlynn on that. Interesting how back then, the stats were good, and “in no way was it a 4-0 game”.

Over the season, real improvement would have us all looking back at the Airdrie game saying “Remember when Airdrie battered us. Look how far we have travelled since then”.

We can’t. Our most recent game was 6-2 battering by Airdrie. Topping and tailing a season by getting mauled in that fashion has got to bring about doubts as to the reality of our improvement.

Someone had asked about Sheerin’s last 10 games (where he went off the cliff) against McGlynn’s……that’s where you will see the difference.

Sheerin’s last 10 games……..12 points. McGlynn’s last 10 games……..13 points.

Most would point to the improvement in recruitment, and it was undeniable that the players brought in were indeed an improvement. Yet here we are, still getting battered in L1.

None of it matters of course, as even another defeat today won’t see McGlynn leaving the club. As for him “moving upstairs”……….please don’t.

We beat them convincingly 3-1 in an important league match only a couple of months ago. That was progress and when I thought we’d turned a corner. Makes Tuesday all the more embarrassing and infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

We’re now the firmly established basket case club of Scottish football. From when I started going in the early 90s to the middle of the last decade, the majority of times we were a club known for team spirit and camaraderie. That has now mostly evaporated

Further to this, at least we are a basket case than a non-entity (what Clyde became, compared to what they were anyway). There’s got to be a tipping point, I can’t see us having a decent fanbase forever more languishing in L1.

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We beat them convincingly 3-1 in an important league match only a couple of months ago. That was progress and when I thought we’d turned a corner. Makes Tuesday all the more embarrassing and infuriating. 

Our goalkeeper actually made some saves in that match, which I’ve hardly seen him do since or before. I don’t think PJ Morrison is good enough and he dropped a clanger at Darrell before that Airdrie match, but didn’t merit being dropped. 

Personally I don’t think we’d have lost so many points from that 3-1 Airdrie game if PJ had played.

16 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Most of us have played football at some level in our years and all been on the wrong end of a bad result even without any sort of manager as a kickabout in a meaningless game just for the sake of playing football but even at that level as a player you want to give 100 per cent and figure it out as you go along but Tuesday ffs even playing as a kid I would have been embarrassed and try to shut up shop. We just cant cope with big games or games that mean something with players shitting the bed whether that means getting a sport psychologist to get it into their heads I don't know.

If Kinnear is still in goals though we might as well gift Airdrie the game.

2 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Our goalkeeper actually made some saves in that match, which I’ve hardly seen him do since or before. I don’t think PJ Morrison is good enough and he dropped a clanger at Darrell before that Airdrie match, but didn’t merit being dropped. 

Personally I don’t think we’d have lost so many points from that 3-1 Airdrie game if PJ had played.

He did gift them the first goal though caught out of position. Although redeemed himself with the penalty

11 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

He did gift them the first goal though caught out of position. Although redeemed himself with the penalty

That penalty hit off his legs, he went the wrong way.

Yeah I know it counts as a save, but it wasn't decent in my view.

I'm stunned he is still in goals.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

2 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

That penalty hit off his legs, he went the wrong way.

Yeah I know it counts as a save, but it wasn't decent in my view.

I'm stunned he is still in goals.

I know what you mean, I know PJ had a dip in confidence after his injury but Kinnear just doesn't cut it defensively we are by no means brilliant I get that but he is costing too many goals and he is slowing play up in getting the ball back into play.

I know he is out of contract at West Ham but I really hope we haven't offered him one, as we might as well write off next season as well.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I know what you mean, I know PJ had a dip in confidence after his injury but Kinnear just doesn't cut it defensively we are by no means brilliant I get that but he is costing too many goals and he is slowing play up in getting the ball back into play.

I know he is out of contract at West Ham but I really hope we haven't offered him one, as we might as well write off next season as well.

I agree with you, Kinnear is way off the pace for me.

7 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

If McGlynn plays Williamson today. That’s the decision made for me. He must go tonight!

He needs to play the majority of the team who finished the game on Tuesday night from the outset. 

What he does need to tweak is the formation to get Airdrie turned quicker and not slow it down until Airdrie are getting nervy. 

Start off ponderous and cagey and we're in for a long afternoon in my view.

Edited by Blame Me

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If we go one down early doors I wonder how many will leave the stadium.

I'm going but i'm questioning why, it's more a question of how many will turn up and that's including the team.

I'm kind of thinking back to that joke "when I die can I get FFC to lower my coffin so they can let me down one last time"