The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So many straws, and it looks like they all going to be grabbed to try and absolve McGlynn of responsibility for what happened.
He pulled a near identical post match stunt after Raith got battered by QotS a few years back.

We got beat by the Pars midweek after we won the diddy cup last season. Completely outplayed, outfought and lost 2-0. Immediately in the post match he's out claiming that there wasn't anything between the teams. 

At times, I really do wonder why he doesn't just get Paul Smith to do the media on his behalf. He just doesn't come across in a good light when he's put under any sort of pressure. 

6 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

I think that a bit of perspective might be needed where John McGlynn is concerned.  Last season, Falkirk finished 6th IIRC and did not even make the playoffs.  You have never looked convincing against us this season, but to finish 2nd this season is a massive improvement.  Rome was not built in a day.  Ditch the entitlement issues and focus on being a League 1 club seeking promotion and competing with good opposition, like Airdrie.  

Stone me!  You must have sacked more managers in the last few years than Alan Sugar has apprentices.   

I can only speak for myself but it’s not the defeat to Airdrie that’s the issue, although it’s disappointing.

The man knew for many weeks that we’d be in a play-off (with a high % chance of playing Airdrie at some point), has had four opportunities in the league to come up with a system to make us competitive against them, as well as a fortnight since 2nd place was secured to prepare the team for this game.

He came up with Tuesday. It’s nearly a sackable offence in its own right.

9 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Wouldn’t be hard to upgrade what we had. 

Burrell - shit and weirdly overrated 

Mackie - bag average and never plays

Oliver - just not good enough quite frankly shit

Donaldson - at least 1 mistake a game

2 keepers - not good enough 

Wright - no comment 

Allan - snippets I’ve seen looks shit 

But aye recruitment has been great, some are easily pleased on here! 

Oh and Henderson signed as a centre half but a bomb scare back there so tried in the middle which luckily worked, has Mcglynn had any sort of plan at all?? 

I was surprised to see Oliver and Nesbitt rock up at Falkirk. Over the years watching them at Morton (and also Oliver at QOS), whilst they're both tricky/tidy players on the ball there just rarely seems to be much reliable end product. Players who flatter to deceive I think.

Guest Ecosse83
29 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Just a wee reminder, Dennon Lewis, Dallison, Sammut, ToE, Leo Fasan, Paul Paton, Dan Turner Froxylius, Dylan Mackin, Marcus Haber to name but a few now look at the signings to go from that to where we are we went from a 5th in the league to 6th last season and finished 2nd if the remit was improvement then he has achieved that we got to the semi of the Scottish cup (no one seen that coming).  For starts it's been good going to games not expecting a gubbing FC Edinburgh and Airdire on Tuesday and at the season excepted.  The problem is we have constantly shat the bed when it has camer to big games see the playoffs when we were in the championship any game that has had the chance to turn Falkirks fortunes round the players don't simply turn up and that's not just a McGlynn thing

Are you seriously saying that this seasons signings are good because they are better than the absolute dross named above? We may as well give up the now FFS!

After the embarrassment and humiliation of the last couple of weeks, sincerely hoping for a huge positive reaction on Saturday.

Good luck to all those supporters that are attending, and hoping that McGlynn had identified and doesn’t give any game time to the charlatans that brought shame to the club on Tuesday.

If it means promoting some of the young guys, I’m sure the support would give great encouragement. 

The more I think about it, the more I think that 6th goal was a killer. First half was the stuff of nightmares and McGlynn and the team really let themselves and the fans down but get back to TFS 5-2 (winning the second half 2-0 with a bit of momentum) and instead of a minuscule chance on Saturday, I’d give us a shout on Saturday (underdogs still, of course). As it is, I feel the swing is too big.

10 hours ago, ChoppeReid said:

Like some others on here I have been reflecting. But have went the other way and even more against keeping McGlynn. 

Think there is a chance of him getting us up next season but what happens then? We waste at least a couple of years doing nothing on Championship. Just can’t see the long term future being good with him as manager. 

He has shown this season that he is stubborn, can’t change a game and sends out some really dubious lineups.

The way the promising season fell away so dramatically shows that he is easily found out and out thought. 

That’s easy. He leaves or goes upstairs at the end of next season…..champions, promoted or not. 

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

On 10/05/2023 at 12:40, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Clichés galore in here the day, deary me.. Have we had play the kids in the second leg yet?

26 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If it means promoting some of the young guys, I’m sure the support would give great encouragement. 

Think you've just won a prize 🫢

9 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Wouldn’t be hard to upgrade what we had. 

Burrell - shit and weirdly overrated 

Mackie - bag average and never plays

Oliver - just not good enough quite frankly shit

Donaldson - at least 1 mistake a game

2 keepers - not good enough 

Wright - no comment 

Allan - snippets I’ve seen looks shit 

But aye recruitment has been great 😂

Good - PJ Morrison, Nicky Hogarth, Blaine Rowe, Coll Donaldson, Stephen McGinn, Liam Henderson, Kai Kennedy, Max Kucheriavyi, Ola Lawal, Rumarn Burrell, Juan Alegria

Okay - 

Sean Mackie - Leon Mccann's been that good this season he's not had a sniff but I don't think he's a bad player.

Finn Yeats - Just a youngster who's not had much gametime but he's shown enough to prove himself a useful addition.

Gary Oliver - I like many others was a bit baffled when he signed as he's never scored goals anywhere he's been but you can't doubt the selfless work he puts in and he's a great foil to play off.

Jordan Allan - Really hasn't been used effectively enough since he's came in and that's on McGlynn. 10 goals in the league for a shite Clyde side before coming to us.

Shite -

Brian Kinnear - Really struggle to see what McGlynn's playing at with him. 

Matty Wright - Still essentially a young kid but he's not up to the standard.

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Good - PJ Morrison, Nicky Hogarth, Blaine Rowe, Coll Donaldson, Stephen McGinn, Liam Henderson, Kai Kennedy, Max Kucheriavyi, Ola Lawal, Rumarn Burrell, Juan Alegria

Okay - 

Sean Mackie - Leon Mccann's been that good this season he's not had a sniff but I don't think he's a bad player.

Finn Yeats - Just a youngster who's not had much gametime but he's shown enough to prove himself a useful addition.

Gary Oliver - I like many others was a bit baffled when he signed as he's never scored goals anywhere he's been but you can't doubt the selfless work he puts in and he's a great foil to play off.

Jordan Allan - Really hasn't been used effectively enough since he's came in and that's on McGlynn. 10 goals in the league for a shite Clyde side before coming to us.

Shite -

Brian Kinnear - Really struggle to see what McGlynn's playing at with him. 

Matty Wright - Still essentially a young kid but he's not up to the standard.

I would agree with your list but change the headings. Good - Okay. Okay - Not bad. You could argue that Henderson and Max are in the good but Hendo lacks a bit of a nasty side and Max seems to have become a little bit neat and tidy whereas when he first came in he had more influence, especially coming off the bench. Kai Kennedy could also make a case in recent weeks for staying in the good but has a tendency to disappear in games.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Are you seriously saying that this seasons signings are good because they are better than the absolute dross named above? We may as well give up the now FFS!

See FFC1876 post and that's where I am at and in agreement with him, Tuesday hurts but at the same time have to mind the last time at Airdrie we won and also in agreement with Clyde poster don't get me wrong I expect high standards and everyone should but the same time there's expectation and reality there are a lot of variables at play the same time we aren't entitled to win it we should be but, don't get me wrong but let's be realistic it's not going to be handed to us and teams are going to make it hard for us.

Have a sense of realism here though look at the managerial merry go round everyone thought MacKinnon would be a good appointment look where that got us, everyone thought Sheerin was a good appointment look where that went.  Folk were calling for Rennie to get the gig and look how that finished out the end of the day like him or loathe him and Tuesdays cluserfuck aside he has come closer than any other appointment to getting us up.  Do we just pluck names out a hat from a supporters list and if they fail sack them as if that's the route we want to take we need a bit of consistency and changing managers, players and style of play every season is going to keep us in this shitty league longer.

Tactics were wrong but the end of the day the capitulation comes down to the players 

As for the Nesbitt enigma looking at his assists and goals thinking about that may have made other teams come sniffing and hopefully cash in or swap deal with someone else (still hoping we can swap him) but his showing since he signed a new deal you wouldn't get much on his showing since.

Edited by AL-FFC

Not got a ticket yet for tomorrow as was meant to at something else but its cancelled.

Anyway after Tuesday horror show I had said to myself not worth going but weirdly want to go. Either go and watch another shit show or stay at home and think about being there. Very strange.

One thing for sure wont be staying at the end to do the usual annual applause thing between players and fans to show appreciation of both parties efforts

Just now, Rugster said:

Is this McGlynn saying this? If so he must still be fucking blootered from Tuesday night's sorrow drowning.

Aye it is. Was gonna raise this after reading it last night but I couldn’t bring myself to. Brutal stuff.

Luckily I have been down South this week, but bracing myself for tomorrow.

Thought I'd let the dust settle, read the previous couple of thousand posts and then put my tuppence worth in re McGlynn and the season as a whole.

The almost daily posts from CP, DF and some of the Raith fans comments have called it right. What was predicted has happened. To continue with McGlynn, in my opion, would be pure folly to follow on with another season of the same. Saturday should be his last day in the job. I really have no idea who would be best for the job, and the BoD will need to pull something out of the hat to unite the fans and make them buy season tickets in the same numbers as last year.  I think many fans are getting weary of the past few seasons disappointments and this is now kicking in to be a bit of a "we have been here before and can't be arsed" situation.

Coming back to McGlynn. At the start of the season, I really had hope. McGinn and laterly Henderson (once fit) steadied the midfield. He got the best out of McCann and McKay. Improved Morrison into a "team player" and even got Nesbitt to look half decent. Donaldson looked a better centre half than we have had in a while. Mackie against Hibs was immense. Burrell looked the real deal in the first match against Dunfermline  However, every one of them has regressed since just after December. Even Max H, who looked a find, has gone backwards. McGlynn starts tinkering, bringing in players and not playing them and the whole thing falls to pieces....just as was predicted 

If McGlynn was a rookie manager, I would have considered giving him another season. History suggests otherwise.  Therefore he has to go !

PS - Edited . Anyone who plays the crock Williamson after he signs a deal for Montrose needs mental help.

Edited by Zbairn