The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

🤦‍♂️

So Fordyce, Watson and AT-S can gobble them up?

It's moving the ball at pace and getting them turned that will hopefully get us back in the tie. 

AT-S is slow but we played right into their hands isolating Burrell and pumping it long.

You’ve quoted me here somehow but this isn’t what I said. In fact it sounds like we are in agreement. 

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

If Morrison had been fully fit I doubt he would've played that formation.

This baffled me. 

If Morrison was fit for a half then surely play him to win the game and then rest him instead of bringing him on to save the tie.

Hard to argue McGlynn didnt make it harder for himself than it possibly had to be on Tuesday.

Just now, Blame Me said:

This baffled me. 

If Morrison was fit for a half then surely play him to win the game and then rest him instead of bringing him on to save the tie.

Hard to argue McGlynn didnt make it harder for himself than it possibly had to be on Tuesday.

Apparently Yeats wasn’t fully fit either 

6 minutes ago, AGPar said:

It truly is. But I might just be able to top you there

I had a look at our record in the bigger, head-to-head type games since relegation in 2019. So four season's worth of league matches against the following clubs:

Airdrie, Cove Rangers, Dunfermline Ath, Partick Thistle, Queen's Park, Raith Rovers

P 35  W 3  D  15  L 16

Which translates into 24 points gained from an available 105 

Absolutely frightening numbers

Nothing further. Speaks for itself.

This sums us up. Look the part against the dross, not good enough against the better teams.

We’ve had a losers mentality for the best part of a decade and our players are serial bottlers.

Tuesday is as low as I’ve felt in a long time and I’m no closer to getting over it. Our club let’s us down time and time again. 

Just bought my ticket for Saturday. Travelling up from Sheffield. Don’t know why, just want to be there for some daft reason. It is certainly not hope or expectation.   

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just bought my ticket for Saturday. Travelling up from Sheffield. Don’t know why, just want to be there for some daft reason. It is certainly not hope or expectation.   

Tuesday night or Wednesday I was adamant I wasn’t going but I now will. Fans are a unique breed, it’s amazing how it can drag you back for more punishment, just need the tiniest bit of hope. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Exactly this. And even if we were in the Lowland League a good number of us would still turn up.

42 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I had a look at our record in the bigger, head-to-head type games since relegation in 2019. So four season's worth of league matches against the following clubs:

Airdrie, Cove Rangers, Dunfermline Ath, Partick Thistle, Queen's Park, Raith Rovers

P 35  W 3  D  15  L 16

That shows that since we entered League 1 we have truly signed a load of chicken hearted bottle merchants, who can’t handle the big matches. If McGlynn does get the summer transfer window then he needs to rectify this and sign some players who are up for the fight.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Go over the whys of Tuesday night, but McGlynn thought again that he could adjust (for McGlynn, read “tinker”) and he blew it completely…in the biggest game of the season. A mess of a defence, a midfield set up where every single one of them looked unprepared and uncertain, and his version of two strikers to appease fans (really????) who had no connectivity with one another.

It was a complete shambles, but it seems the growing narrative is that the support are guilty, the players are guilty, but God bless John, no blame no responsibility. Feck everyone, he just shifts into self protection mode and his priority is to upwardly manage the Board. He has previous for this type of behaviour.

I bought my ST before Tuesday. The only novelty is that we will be going into a new season knowing full well that we have a serious lightweight in charge. The sowing has begun, so let’s see what we reap.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That shows that since we entered League 1 we have truly signed a load of chicken hearted bottle merchants, who can’t handle the big matches. If McGlynn does get the summer transfer window then he needs to rectify this and sign some players who are up for the fight.

Like Nesbitt? That was his first pick for next season.

I think we have to go back to 4 3 2 1. We need to move the ball much faster. Much quicker from centre half through Hendo and McGinn. Hit Oliver and have Max, Kennedy and Morrison bomb past him. We're far too laboured in the transitional phase of play. We need to get the full backs providing width and let the 3 behind Oliver get close to him/in the box and for the love of f**k, get some shots away. 

To make it even nervy at all for Airdrie were going  to have to score 2 rapid. Anything less than that and they really don't have anything to think about. They need to have their gameplan changed for them almost immediately. Meltdowns don't happen by themselves. They happen because you force them.

Disclaimer.... I dont think for a second any of this is going to happen. 

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Like Nesbitt? That was his first pick for next season.

Exactly, he disappears in the so called bigger games. Mind you it’s hard to pick anyone in our squad who doesn’t. I’m more in the get rid McGlynn camp than keep, I’m just not sure we have the finances to do it and overhaul the squad again.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

P 35  W 3  D  15  L 16

Who was the 3rd win against. I know we’ve beaten Airdrie twice in our League One time, but I can’t find any wins against Cove, Dunfermline, Partick, Raith or Queens Park in our League One time since 2019 on checking our h2h record against these clubs. We’ve beaten Partick but that was in the cup.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Guest Ecosse83

Not sure I’d let Mcglynn loose with next seasons budget with some of the shit he has signed this season but if he’s under contract then probably won’t have much choice! 

Season tickets will 100% take a dive though 

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Not sure I’d let Mcglynn loose with next seasons budget with some of the shit he has signed this season but if he’s under contract then probably won’t have much choice! 

Season tickets will 100% take a dive though 

Season tickets will still be over 2k. 

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Who was the 3rd win against. I know we’ve beaten Airdrie twice in our League One time, but I can’t find any wins against Cove, Dunfermline, Partick, Raith or Queens Park in our League One time since 2019 on checking our h2h record against these clubs. We’ve beaten Partick but that was in the cup.

Cove Rangers, 1-0 at home early in the Covid season under M and M (Morrison I think). They were top at the time and, from memory, hadn't even dropped a point. Fell away quite dramatically after that, the shame of defeat to us in an important game simply too much to bear and never recovered.

Other two wins against Airdrieonians as you say. Their fans should be ashamed. What an utter embarrassment!!