The Falkirk FC Thread

52 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Yes, lefty SNP voters - non Business individuals (unless they are Kate Forbes supporters of course).

The best Businessmen are ruthless right voters, Tories.

The majority of supporters at Falkirk appear to fall, sadly into the category of wokeness.

Businessmen are hard working individuals who have made their own way with their own thoughts and ideas.  Those who are employed are followers of the institution they work for.  Those who are unemployed are like blunt pencils (pointless).

John McGlynn is the best manager we've had in the last 10 years

This is the most hilarious thing I've read on here. 

Guest FFC1965

I though the worst thing about this thread post Tuesday was that we were beginning to sound like Rangers fans re pens and refs but this politics shit takes the digestive.  

1 hour ago, Bairnschild said:

Yes, lefty SNP voters - non Business individuals (unless they are Kate Forbes supporters of course).

The best Businessmen are ruthless right voters, Tories.

The majority of supporters at Falkirk appear to fall, sadly into the category of wokeness.

Businessmen are hard working individuals who have made their own way with their own thoughts and ideas.  Those who are employed are followers of the institution they work for.  Those who are unemployed are like blunt pencils (pointless).

John McGlynn is the best manager we've had in the last 10 years

Has DPB got a new account, this is wild.

40 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Bairnardo, I only know about.  Why not ask him about where he was in 2014

While I do like Bairnardo as a poster I can't say I'm particularly fussed about what he was doing 9 years ago. 

Unless it's funny in which case he can batter on and tell everyone, he probably doesn't care either though. 

I don't get the impression he's a tory so he's probably not your pal. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

A quick check says that poster has been around for a while and even knows Bairnardo. 

He's eh, went a bit wild there. 

He doesn't know me. He's tried to impmy he does, feeding in wee made up things over the years, because he's a weirdo psycho type. As evidenced by that stream of drivel post. 

1 hour ago, Bairnschild said:

Bairnardo, I only know about.  Why not ask him about where he was in 2014

Crack on mate. Enlighten us. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Pretty sure that if we somehow turn in a decent ninety in the return play off, McGlynn will be in place for next season. 
Not one word from upstairs on the humiliating defeat and car crash interview would suggest that he’s still got their backing.

Fans certainly split on McGlynn being binned, but for me he’s failed and the thought of guys like Nesbitt being here for another two seasons actually sickens me, and if the BOD think that this two year deal is acceptable, certainly throws up more questions than answers.

The reason why we are still in L1 is down to the players that pull on the jerseys, guys like Nesbitt who was part of a first eleven who downed tools with a half season to play shouldn’t be near the club. I’d have Airdrie’s (and most of the opposition midfielders we face each week) four midfielders before I would play him, another disgraceful performance yet again on Tuesday. 

For you he has failed but it will obviously depend on what targets the board set him. If it was progress and minimum play offs this season (going up or not) then they will see that he has progressed. 

I for one have taken time to look back on the other night and the season as a whole. It has been our best, in terms of entertainment since the Houston last full season. It has ultimately been a disappointment in the last 2 weeks due to two really poor performances at critical times and that is what makes it all the more disappointing, frustrating and concerning.

I would imagine all the prep for next seasons squad will already be done. Players identified where we need to strengthen and who is going who is staying. When pre-season starts, friendly dates etc etc will no doubt all be done. A new manager would be starting from scratch - not that it would be impossible to do so - but make the new guys job very difficult. 

On the basis of above I would on reflection keep him but he will have to get us off to a flying start and the ONLY measurement next season is promotion.  

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He doesn't know me. He's tried to impmy he does, feeding in wee made up things over the years, because he's a weirdo psycho type. As evidenced by that stream of drivel post. 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

That's a telt. 

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

For you he has failed but it will obviously depend on what targets the board set him. If it was progress and minimum play offs this season (going up or not) then they will see that he has progressed. 

I for one have taken time to look back on the other night and the season as a whole. It has been our best, in terms of entertainment since the Houston last full season. It has ultimately been a disappointment in the last 2 weeks due to two really poor performances at critical times and that is what makes it all the more disappointing, frustrating and concerning.

I would imagine all the prep for next seasons squad will already be done. Players identified where we need to strengthen and who is going who is staying. When pre-season starts, friendly dates etc etc will no doubt all be done. A new manager would be starting from scratch - not that it would be impossible to do so - but make the new guys job very difficult. 

On the basis of above I would on reflection keep him but he will have to get us off to a flying start and the ONLY measurement next season is promotion.  

This is true but let’s not forget, 2016/17, his last full season (Kerr/Taiwo in the middle, Sibbs losing interest, Baird on the decline, Gasparatto!), was a bit of a slog.

2nd place in The Championship, Halycon days compared to now, but 2015/16 was the last really good season.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

I personally wouldnt mind if McGlynn was to be kept on until the end of his contract. However, even if he wins the league next season I wouldn't be extending unless it was in absolutely spectacular fashion. I don't think he's the guy to take us past the championship unfortunately.

In my view there is absolutely no justification for keeping McGlynn on for next season, taking into account the season as a whole.

Yes, there has been improvement on the worst season in the club’s history but that is not sufficient reason to keep him. 

On the basis of a poor win ratio for the third tier, poor tactical decisions, no hint of a total race and no evidence of being able to make the team turn up in key games, I’d be saying thank you and goodbye.

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

He’s signed Nesbitt again, however he clearly rates him (as does his peers going by the team of the season).

Nesbitt's a chancer, wherever he goes he ingratiates himself with his fellow players, backroom staff and management by being everyone's favourite cheeky chappy who's great for the dressing room, then add in his half a dozen decent performances per season where he flatters to deceive. He does this year after year and sand dances his way to yet another full time contract.

Oliver's much the same minus the charm and its only four decent games a season from him and you've got McGlynn in charge.

God help you all....to the fourth tier! 🤣🤣

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view there is absolutely no justification for keeping McGlynn on for next season, taking into account the season as a whole.

Yes, there has been improvement on the worst season in the club’s history but that is not sufficient reason to keep him. 

On the basis of a poor win ratio for the third tier, poor tactical decisions, no hint of a total race and no evidence of being able to make the team turn up in key games, I’d be saying thank you and goodbye.

We were well on for a race until we folded 2-0 at east end park in March. Ever since that game it was bubble burst and back to being inconsistent.

I'm on the fence as if he goes it'll take a chunk out of the budget for next season and our recruitment this summer will be buggert as the new manager will need time to assess the situation again before working out what he needs.

McGlynn & Smith will already be deep in talks with players for next season and will know exactly what we need. Almost all of their signings improved us this year, another summer like that may have us where we need to be.

Just popping in to gauge the mood. I watched the goals from the Airdrie game and it seemed like the cavalry charge approach works against Falkirk. Can no one in your team break play up?

The knee-jerk move would be to sack McGlynn after he fails to win promotion, but he is decent enough at putting a team together that can get promoted. It just takes him a while. 

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Just popping in to gauge the mood. I watched the goals from the Airdrie game and it seemed like the cavalry charge approach works against Falkirk. Can no one in your team break play up?

The knee-jerk move would be to sack McGlynn after he fails to win promotion, but he is decent enough at putting a team together that can get promoted. It just takes him a while. 

The moods shite, absolutely shite. How did you find Ian Murray this season? Fair few posters on here fancied him before we went for McGlynn.

Also saw on your thread we're rumoured to have offered Spencer & Connolly a deal. 

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

At first, I thought someone had hacked your account.

This isn’t about two critical games. We have been on a downward slide for at least a couple of months. I don’t get that bringing in a new manager with a full pre-season ahead of him makes it difficult. I don’t think we should be painting a picture that the close season is a bad time to bring in a new manager……it’s the best time……it always has been the best time.

That McGlynn may or may not have targeted players and friendlies for next season really isn’t any sort of realistic argument for keeping the man. That just reads as miles away from what would constitute your normal viewpoint on such matters.

I just really can’t get this argument that the close season would make it difficult for a new manager so let’s stick with McGlynn.

There is for me, an increasing sense that there is going to be a bit of a “Stick with John” charm offensive from here on in.

It’s increasingly likely (to me) that even if we get beat again on Saturday that McGlynn will still be in post next season trying to achieve what he has never achieved…….win L1 or triumph in a play offs. Unless the BoD back him financially to absolutely blow the competition out of the water, he will fail yet again……there is no evidence to feel confident that he will get us promoted.

Like I say, the only opinions that matter here are those of the BoD. I think the decision to keep him has already been made, and if so, then the BoD are confident that he is still their man. That has to be the reason for keeping him……and not because it would be difficult for a new manager because McGlynn has organised friendlies for next season, and has identified players he wants.

Looking across the season (as you have done), all I see is the usual McGlynn traits of a few nice wins, a few horrendous defeats, no title challenge, and a mid season fall off in results…..just a very typical McGlynn season.

Will keeping him see a revenue fall off? Almost certainly. No doubt the BoD will have carried out (if only on a fag packet) some sort balance of probability on the outcome of keeping him, and what sort of messaging they hope can land positively with the bulk of the support.

I doubt that there will be torches and pitchforks outside the main stand if he us kept on. There will be some sort of price to pay either via ST uptake, FSS numbers, and attendances. It may well be evident in the challenges that the 2Gs experience in raising commercial revenue.

If the BoD believe in him, then that is pretty much that, but the justification for keeping him cannot be because it’s difficult for a new manager coming in, or because pre-season friendly dates have been organised, or because he has had talks with players/agents. That would sit very badly with the support.

37 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The moods shite, absolutely shite. How did you find Ian Murray this season? Fair few posters on here fancied him before we went for McGlynn.

Also saw on your thread we're rumoured to have offered Spencer & Connolly a deal. 

I like Murray well enough. We started the season poorly as we had half a squad. He got a few players in and we improved from September onwards. Then the clocks went back and while not turning to shite we drew a lot of games and it was only the cups that kept the season interesting. Accies pretty much killed our season with the diddy cup final defeat at Falkirk, followed swiftly by a win at Starks.

His best signing was our player of the year - Scott Brown from Peterhead.  A terrific midfielder.

We were hindered by a ropey defence and powderpuff attack. Midfield were excellent. Connolly scored some cracking goals, as did Dylan Easton and Sam Stanton. Vaughan had a few decent cameos against the likes of Inverness and Queens Park.

Edited by Scary Bear