The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yeah, fair dos. I'm probably that pissed of at the moment that I'm over reacting to every perceived slight. Apologies to @Skyline Drifter and @Salvo Montalbano

For avoidance of doubt I was referring to the Scottish cup semi final run, which is absolutely a windfall, not a covid grant you got 2 years ago and clearly must have spent since there was talk of a six figure shortfall at the start of this season.

Who are the realistic replacements for McGlynn if he gets the boot after Saturday?

I was 50/50 after the shit show on Tuesday, but his arrogance and failure to identify his tactics & squad were to blame, is the final nail in the coffin for me. 

10 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

limmy-double-down.gif

What a load of shite. If you are wrong, own it, take your dumps and apologise.

Oh, and by the way, f*ck off

24 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Who are the realistic replacements for McGlynn if he gets the boot after Saturday?

I was 50/50 after the shit show on Tuesday, but his arrogance and failure to identify his tactics & squad were to blame, is the final nail in the coffin for me. 

We'd be in Yogi/Jobby territory, I think.

10 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Ffs, we're really digging into the shite heap now eh

Compared to McGlynn...not sure if they're improvements or not.

Jobby I think could do a good job. I was surprised he was punted by PT and he walked over us in this league. Yogi, I have a blind spot for. As a manager I think we had him at his peak, and he's been going downhill since. Failed at every club he's been at for the past 7-8 years but, at the same time, if he came back I'd be weirdly excited and pumped up. 

Guest FFC1965

Surprised nobody has mentioned Brian Rice - taking Alloa to the playoffs is a fair achievement and he has a connection with the club. 

Of course Alloa may yet go up, more chance of doing so than Falkirk in which case he might be more in demand further up the food chain.   

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Jobby I think could do a good job. I was surprised he was punted by PT and he walked over us in this league. Yogi, I have a blind spot for. As a manager I think we had him at his peak, and he's been going downhill since. Failed at every club he's been at for the past 7-8 years but, at the same time, if he came back I'd be weirdly excited and pumped up. 

Yogi would be more of McGlynn's tippy-tappy sideways football so no improvement at all.

Jobby would be an improvement in my mind.

8 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned Brian Rice - taking Alloa to the playoffs is a fair achievement and he has a connection with the club. 

Of course Alloa may yet go up, more chance of doing so than Falkirk in which case he might be more in demand further up the food chain.   

Hamilton fans were happy he went, and from what I read on here Alloa fans were more than happy to see him go too, before the stumbled into the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Jobby is probably the best bet on paper. His achievements in L1 are excellent.

Yogi has relegated both Raith & Dunfermline in his recent appointments, apart from Ross County. Plus his allegations of being a bully at Raith doesn't excite me. 

I think McCall would be a decent shout but I neither know, nor really care to speculate on what the particular baggage is that seems to be getting rumoured. 

What I do know is we can't afford to get the next one wrong. Regardless of what anyone says, if we see another debacle next season that ends in no promotion, the crowds will dwindle away, and we will be utterly welded to this division. This BoD are fresh in and I have broadly like what they have done, but I don't envy them on the managerial call. Its the biggest one imaginable. 

There must be plenty of ex Falkirk guys in football they could lean on for advice. I would suggest to cash every chip they have seeking out advice on specifically getting out this League. 

And even then its hard. Loads of managers who body a league are right place right time, then amount to not very much in the future, or in the league above. We just need to land that guy who it all comes together for. 

Folk laugh at the likes of Allan Johnston as an idea but it's a good example of what I mean. How could you have called that he would absolutely batter this league? 

To some extent we need to trap lightning in a bottle with very little room for error 

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I just think the message of “buy your STs and give John and Paul as much money as possible” is going to fall on a lot of deaf ears this time around.

It won't, because Falkirk's board are working with the most gormless and gullible fanbase in Scottish football. 

Give it three weeks and a couple of social media posts from the club about ambishun, and you'll all be back posting about your 'sexy signings' and crowdwanking into oblivion again.

Just before your team flops yet again. Rinse and repeat. 

5a3071fcb1526_efecig.png.4623aab61af0f7be0e9c950f7cb25a05.png.4926386a451e03132b6430417307eb2f.png.af6f023ba061bd735019e0c0bc373194.png

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What I do know is we can't afford to get the next one wrong. Regardless of what anyone says, if we see another debacle next season that ends in no promotion, the crowds will dwindle away, and we will be utterly welded to this division. This BoD are fresh in and I have broadly like what they have done, but I don't envy them on the managerial call. Its the biggest one imaginable.  

To be fair have we not been saying this for the last few appointments. 😭

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think McCall would be a decent shout but I neither know, nor really care to speculate on what the particular baggage is that seems to be getting rumoured. 

There must be plenty of ex Falkirk guys in football they could lean on for advice. I would suggest to cash every chip they have seeking out advice on specifically getting out this League. 

And even then its hard. Loads of managers who body a league are right place right time, then amount to not very much in the future, or in the league above. We just need to land that guy who it all comes together for. 

Folk laugh at the likes of Allan Johnston as an idea but it's a good example of what I mean. How could you have called that he would absolutely batter this league? 

To some extent we need to trap lightning in a bottle with very little room for error 

Good post but, honestly, what year is it? 

Pretty sure that if we somehow turn in a decent ninety in the return play off, McGlynn will be in place for next season. 
Not one word from upstairs on the humiliating defeat and car crash interview would suggest that he’s still got their backing.

Fans certainly split on McGlynn being binned, but for me he’s failed and the thought of guys like Nesbitt being here for another two seasons actually sickens me, and if the BOD think that this two year deal is acceptable, certainly throws up more questions than answers.

The reason why we are still in L1 is down to the players that pull on the jerseys, guys like Nesbitt who was part of a first eleven who downed tools with a half season to play shouldn’t be near the club. I’d have Airdrie’s (and most of the opposition midfielders we face each week) four midfielders before I would play him, another disgraceful performance yet again on Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Bairns1994 said:

Of the names that have been banded about so far Maybury & Kerr would be my choice but even then they signed Scott Mercer in January...

Edited by FFC 1876