The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Not necessarily if any of those points were taken off Dunfermline, who’d therefore be worse off, but I see your point. The Kelty 0-0 home is one particular game where I really think we should’ve got a decision.

True, but my scenario was the upper extreme end of what could happen - Falkirk having the most penalties and all of them mattering, the chances of which are minuscule. Falkirk won 14 games this season by 2 or more goals, chances are a good chunk of any extra penalties would do nothing but add to your goal difference.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The more I think about Saturday, the less I want to go.

Could see it getting very toxic very quickly. 

Fully expect to see the barricades and barbed-wire erected by the club in the KM stand on Saturday as they were at the end of last season. 

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

The more I think about Saturday, the less I want to go.

Could see it getting very toxic very quickly. 

Bouncy positive music and the tannoy man giving it big "let's get right behind the boys" chat - urgh.

I still might go though, because I am a complete weirdo.

Also when the last remaining argument for keeping a management team in place is “stability” - which a small number of our fans are coming out with now, you know you’ve lost it. We heard the same under M&M and under Sheerin. You can be both absolutely shite and ‘stable’. If you’re not up to the job, it’s not a reason for you staying.

Not sure Falkirk can complain about luck when they got an incredibly easy run to the Scottish Cup semi final and then got the best draw out of the 3 they could have faced.

Always thought we'd have big problems with Airdrie having watched games in recent times. Airdrie are a rabble of a team who work their balls off for one another. They have learned quickly how to pass and play balls forward into spaces on their sticky pitch that the ball holds up on. The pitch is not an excuse though, Airdrie use it well to their advantage.  However First Half Falkirk were never at the races. How McGlynn selected Williamson and has given a two year contract to Nesbitt and another year to McGinn seriously questions his judgement of players. I'm 50/50 for getting rid of him.

Our big issue now is the season ticket uptake for next season will certainly drop.

We've already handed out two contracts that shouldn't have been renewed.

Morrison will be sold in the summer

The board have done very well stabilising the club off field, but they now need to start playing the Bad Guy.

I stupidly bought my regular seats for Saturday prior to yesterday, the club should offer refunds as way of an apology.

Its not even like we have the players who could go out on Saturday and lay the boot in a bit, to make you feel a bit better.

Too many are soft as sh1t.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

If anyone is up for it and changing tact slightly, bruisers came up earlier. How many bruisers have we had over the years?  More specifically 80s onwards. And I’m talking bruiser with some effectiveness. I’m thinking Yogi and big Craw for starters.

Colin McNair

22 minutes ago, AGPar said:

We.ve been saying that for how many seasons now? It never comes to fruition. There seems to be no corelation whatsoever between what happens on the pitch - or in our case, what doesn't happen - and attendances/season ticket sales etc. Maybe it's time to consider if that is, in some ways, part of the problem. Fans turning up in good numbers regardless so is there any real consequence, financial or otherwise, from despicable performances such as last night and far, far too many others. Not the main factor obviously, but perhaps in some small way a contributing one as to why the club remains gutless to the core and soft as shite.

I still think he's pretty safe and likely to be in charge at the start of next season. Sad fact is, if you're desperate for him to go, it might just require a repeat performance/result on Sat to tip the balance. If Airdrie are content to go through the motions/conserve energy for the final/rest one or two players it might just be possible for us to scrape some sort of semi-respectability and that will be enough for McGlynn to spin it us some sort of positive, progress being made yad yada. If they fancy going for the jugular to maintain momentum, well, it could be anything. A double-figure aggregate score well within their grasp. Another disaster - which is absolutely a possibility - might be needed to bring some sort of positive action. I still don't it see though.

Thing is this. When we’ve wandered into Clusterfuckville these past few years, the next season has always held a bit of hope as our last tour guide was given the heave, and collectively, we all gave the new guy a chance.

One of our truly weak areas of business is marketing. If the BoD want to stay with McGlynn, then that is clearly a choice they are entitled to make. With that will come the budget they choose to entrust to him.

How they want to sell that to the support base is going to be something to behold. In truth, I don’t think they can successfully do that. “A manager with one L2 title win 14 years ago, and about half a dozen play off failures is still our man going forward.” That’s a seriously hard sell to make.

You guys seem to have the same feeling about Saturday as I do about the cup final.

A 1% chance of winning but know you couldn't live with missing it if you didn't go.

It doesn't feel like there's a road away from "untenable" after lastnight. 

Well..... There is.... Its head in the sand. 

But there's not really any way to create a constructive narrative around McGlynn I don't think. Some games/defeats are seismic in nature and can't be ignored. 

That first half was, I'm fairly certain, the worst in my football supporting life. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Tbf when I talk about Bruisers, I guess I mean folk who will not be bullied and will dish out their fair share. If you leave aside centre halves, and keep it to guys who did a job middle to front you'd include guys like Vaulks aswell. Guys like Davie Nic and Hagi took no shit off anyone but were also genuine footballers. Davie Sinclair could be an effective bully too. 

Not so many in the modern era I suppose. 

Paddy Cregg and Stephen O'Donnell enjoyed a tackle. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

You guys seem to have the same feeling about Saturday as I do about the cup final.

A 1% chance of winning but know you couldn't live with missing it if you didn't go.

Said it before, but yes, 1% chance of turning it around (2% if they’d parted company with McGlynn last night). Reason for attending? The 1% chance of recovery, but in the main, it’s just morbid curiosity.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not sure Falkirk can complain about luck when they got an incredibly easy run to the Scottish Cup semi final and then got the best draw out of the 3 they could have faced.

That is literally luck of the draw. The problems with penalties etc. come down to the horrific standard of officiating in which we've time and time again made our own luck and been denied

12 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Always thought we'd have big problems with Airdrie having watched games in recent times. Airdrie are a rabble of a team who work their balls off for one another. They have learned quickly how to pass and play balls forward into spaces on their sticky pitch that the ball holds up on. The pitch is not an excuse though, Airdrie use it well to their advantage.  However First Half Falkirk were never at the races. How McGlynn selected Williamson and has given a two year contract to Nesbitt and another year to McGinn seriously questions his judgement of players. I'm 50/50 for getting rid of him.

Our big issue now is the season ticket uptake for next season will certainly drop.

We've already handed out two contracts that shouldn't have been renewed.

Morrison will be sold in the summer

The board have done very well stabilising the club off field, but they now need to start playing the Bad Guy.

I stupidly bought my regular seats for Saturday prior to yesterday, the club should offer refunds as way of an apology.

Its not even like we have the players who could go out on Saturday and lay the boot in a bit, to make you feel a bit better.

Too many are soft as sh1t.

Who would pay a transfer fee for Morrison? Genuine question. Fees for players in lower leagues are hard to come by, especially for players who often flatter to deceive. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Tbf when I talk about Bruisers, I guess I mean folk who will not be bullied and will dish out their fair share. If you leave aside centre halves, and keep it to guys who did a job middle to front you'd include guys like Vaulks aswell. Guys like Davie Nic and Hagi took no shit off anyone but were also genuine footballers. Davie Sinclair could be an effective bully too. 

Not so many in the modern era I suppose. 

Tommy tackle and paddy cregg never shat it from a challenge either

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It doesn't feel like there's a road away from "untenable" after lastnight. 

Well..... There is.... Its head in the sand. 

But there's not really any way to create a constructive narrative around McGlynn I don't think. Some games/defeats are seismic in nature and can't be ignored. 

That first half was, I'm fairly certain, the worst in my football supporting life. 

I'm still not sure how it wasn't 7 at HT.. Airdrie really could have scored several more.