The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Yes. Unfortunately, given the towns location a lot of potential fans are dragged away to the big 2 in Glasgow.

Falkirk have that sweet spot, much like Dunfermline whereby the town/city stands alone without the Glasgow lure. 

Inverness has a population not a kick in the arse off 70,000 and we can't escape the fucking Glasgow lure.

8 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Yes. Unfortunately, given the towns location a lot of potential fans are dragged away to the big 2 in Glasgow.

Falkirk have that sweet spot, much like Dunfermline whereby the town/city stands alone without the Glasgow lure. 

Yeah I wish that were true. Geography is no barrier to the melts who will follow the bigots at the expense of however many clubs they drive past on their supporters bus. 

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

When you're despite last night's performance one of the better sides in the league and have been given one penalty in the league all season despite highlights showing post game numerous stonewall penalty kicks then it's no surprise that you start thinking that the chances of that being given for us would be slim to zero. 

Indeed. Both Dunfermline and Airdrie have missed more than we have been awarded this season.

Here is a concrete example, if last night's the standard for awarding one, you might think we'd be given 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

We can talk about numbers and populations etc til the cows come home, Airdrie having a home support of around 600 just seems odd for the size of place, even factoring recent history. 1000 with maybe 50-200 away fans and there wouldn’t be a conversation.

Doing Airdrie a disservice (I’ve had a look on the BBC website, it’s a quiet day for me hence my feverish activity on PB) and their gates range between 900 odd against a Clyde or Peterhead to 1100 odd against higher opposition before it comes to ourselves and Dunfermline so not too awful. 600 must’ve been the real dark times.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah I wish that were true. Geography is no barrier to the melts who will follow the bigots at the expense of however many clubs they drive past on their supporters bus. 

f**k them

Glory hunting bigoted sectarian verminous cretins, I don't want them in my club sitting beside decent human beings.

14 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Story I heard from a scout was that McCall was caught sniffing the white stuff which hastened his departure from firhill so I doubt he'll be back in football for a while.

First I've heard of that.  He was emptied once we got rid of the toxic old board having recently lost six games in a row, with the team bereft of confidence. By all accounts he sat in his car during training sessions and wasn't interested in what was done on the training pitch.

You may remember that we were also pretty dreadful in our single seaside league season under Mccall and it was mainly a complete collapse from your good selves near the end which helped propel us back up to the Championship.  That all said, he's maybe a marginal upgrade on McGlynn given what just happened...

I hope the board have an emergency meeting planned to discuss a new manager but I have a nasty feeling they’ll try to keep McGlynn on. 

I’m not convinced season tickets sales would hold up under the combination of a useless manager, a fifth season in league 1 and big price rises.

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Very interesting to see what numbers go on Saturday. Everyone I’m connected with saying they’re finished after last night abhorrent display. Could be very low numbers.

My missus works with somebody who runs a supporters bus to and from home and away games, they're not running one on Saturday and have told people they'll have to get to TFS themselves

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Wonder if you’ll appoint a new head coach, maybe even give it to Paul Smith, but move McGlynn upstairs?

...where he can utilise his well-documented amazing skills at issuing contracts?

Jeezy peeps man.

56 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I think McGlynnball has a place but I want a strong plan B. If it’s not working against a weaker side that’s well drilled then resort to the direct stuff (with the right personnel). In fact, I’d make plan B plan A against stronger opposition and go direct. Just go toe-to-toe. Dunfermline lapped it up against us this season. Let’s give a challenger something to think about.I wouldn’t be against Connor Sammon coming back for 10-12 games next season as a strong plan B. I don’t see a plan C being required in L1. Plan A…..Plan B if necessary….if that isn’t enough then we’re stuck.

The problem all season has been we are soft as shite and our match winner ( Morrison ) shits it when it matters. I was never really convinced by McGlynn as it’s obvious from his weekly sermons that he is thick as shit and doesn’t have the respect of the players- however expect the unexpected. On Saturday we can win 4-0 it’s just v unlikely. To save his neck McGlynn should go for it with 3 up top right from the start  with Henderson one of them and forget the tippy tippy just get the ball in the box and fight . I don’t give a shit if we get beat 8-0 I’d rather that than possession football in our half for 70% of the time we have possesion - just fuckin go for it or gtf.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I hope the board have an emergency meeting planned to discuss a new manager but I have a nasty feeling they’ll try to keep McGlynn on. 

I’m not convinced season tickets sales would hold up under the combination of a useless manager, a fifth season in league 1 and big price rises.

I think they’d drop but can see it still holding with average gate still at 3000. Unlike an Airdrie whose attendances are small for whatever reason, there’s an almost macabre reason why Falkirk fans keep turning up in numbers.

5 hours ago, Hughsie said:

I wouldn’t say anyone was celebrating finishing 2nd but clearly it’s better to have the second leg at home.

Assuming you don’t complete shit the bed in the first game, of course.

Better to have the second leg at home 🤣.  We haven't beat Airdrie in the last six attempts we have played them at home.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I've worked in Falkirk most of my life other than 2 years in Edinburgh. It was only in October last year that I've started working beside another Falkirk fan and I'm 43

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The problem all season has been we are soft as shite and our match winner ( Morrison ) shits it when it matters. I was never really convinced by McGlynn as it’s obvious from his weekly sermons that he is thick as shit and doesn’t have the respect of the players- however expect the unexpected. On Saturday we can win 4-0 it’s just v unlikely. To save his neck McGlynn should go for it with 3 up top right from the start  with Henderson one of them and forget the tippy tippy just get the ball in the box and fight . I don’t give a shit if we get beat 8-0 I’d rather that than possession football in our half for 70% of the time we have possesion - just fuckin go for it or gtf.

4-0 wouldn't see us through anyway and I can't see us lasting extra time and pens.

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

Yeah, Ive thought about Henderson up top. He’s proven to be versatile already. Something with a curveball element to it.

9 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Indeed. Both Dunfermline and Airdrie have missed more than we have been awarded this season.

Here is a concrete example, if last night's the standard for awarding one, you might think we'd be given 🤷‍♂️

So what are you both saying? Is there a nationwide refereeing conspiracy against Falkirk? 

2 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Better to have the second leg at home 🤣.  We haven't beat Airdrie in the last six attempts we have played them at home.

I’m aware. If you want to take the post out of context that’s up to you but the point I was making is valid.