The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Now the highlights have came out are you willing to admit the only bad officiating was him not sending of McCann? 

As Id previously said I  watched  this morning. The red card was never a red and the penalty the boy just fell down FFS. Two shocking decisions.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

I said that at the time, ref looks to have taken pity on us as there was no attempt to play the ball. Jordan Allan's red was very harsh as he had every right to go for the ball and I'd also like to see back the incident with Allan & ATS as that looked like a clear freekick for us and sending off for ATS but the ref appeared to take the easy route in awarding the freekick to Airdrie.

So you want to see an Incident again, but didn’t watch the highlights? Falkirk’s highlights show the incident - Allan pulls the Airdrie defender down and the defender drags him down with him. Your own highlights package shows that the ref got the decision spot on. It’s not the ‘easy route’ it’s the correct route.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

So you want to see an Incident again, but didn’t watch the highlights? Falkirk’s highlights show the incident - Allan pulls the Airdrie defender down and the defender drags him down with him. Your own highlights package shows that the ref got the decision spot on. It’s not the ‘easy route’ it’s the correct route.

You think I'm going to put myself back through that for the sake of that one 10 second incident?

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I said that at the time, ref looks to have taken pity on us as there was no attempt to play the ball. Jordan Allan's red was very harsh as he had every right to go for the ball and I'd also like to see back the incident with Allan & ATS as that looked like a clear freekick for us and sending off for ATS but the ref appeared to take the easy route in awarding the freekick to Airdrie.

Their pen the boy just fell down like a sack of tatties. Didn't appear in the highlights to be much more than two players tussling in the box like you see regularly. If that was us no way we'd have got it as we've seen from the long list of stonewallers we've been denied.  I'd love to bump into Charleston in the pub and ask him what the feck has been going on with the officials this season and us. Anyway all that did was put the tin lid on a shite night.

Edited by Shodwall cat

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If you want to feel really bad this morning, the current The Caley team is the worst in our history, a squad chock full of proven losers, pea-hearted shitebags, injury-prone jobbers, and a fat, useless Ayrshire *** b*****d in the dugout and we swatted you aside with ease last week.

That's what McGlynn, Rennie, Sheerin, McKinnon, Hartley have done to you.

Thanks for the summation. I did wonder where it had all gone wrong ... 🙄

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Their pen the boy just fell down like a sack of tatties. Didn't appear in the highlights to be much more than two players tussling in the box like you see regularly. If that was us no way we'd have got it as we've seen from the long list of stonewallers we've been denied.  I'd love to bump into Charleston in the pub and ask him what the feck has been going on with the officials this season and us. Anyway all that did was put the tin lid on a shite night.

I've seen our 'highlights' this morning. Allan's red card looks very very harsh but probably not worth appealing. Their penalty looks a penalty in my opinion, McCann makes no effort to play the ball, the Airdrie player turns him and is in on goal. Yes he "makes the most of it" but we'd be looking for it down the other end (I know we wouldn't get it but that doesn't make it not a penalty). 

How bad exactly is the defending at every Airdrie goal? Public Park stuff

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We were well warned when we dropped down that the first season is the best chance to get back up. We didn’t listen and succumbed to an array of useless and untried/inexperienced BODs, DOF, and a succession of managers and around one hundred plus players through our books over the years down here, who shouldn’t have been anywhere near our club. 

No prizes where we’ve gone wrong.

Each time we go through that cycle of manager - player clear out - signing spree - failure repeat. The less an attractive gig for Managers and players Falkirk become.

At the end of the day that's the uncomfortable truth and this big club, large fan base nonsense attracting the desired quality is self-delusional.

No manager, player of the quality required is going to look at us and anybody taken on will have seen the club as the last resort.

Goodness knows what is going to be on the pitch next season when you have 8 - 9 of the players that failed this season still on the books.

13 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I really don’t understand why folk get wrapped up in this pish. We’ve just been absolutely scudded! I’m not so up on the history of what happened towards the end of Airdrie/Clydebank other than we actually benefitted from it in 2002 by not going down to a place where we find ourselves for season after season. Far from oneupmanship, I find it quite sad they can only half-fill a stand for such a big game. Is it the lure of being so close to the Old Firm? I don’t know but it’s not our look-out. 

Give me the days where rivalry meant shouts like ‘soap-dodgers’ or ‘living in a slum’ rather than trying to be a smart arse any day!

To be fair, it is a big stand!!! (and we own it too like all proper big clubs!) Please don't feel sad for us though, we're quite happy with our lot. If it's a "We're bigger than you because we have more fans than you" scenario then I accept that you are the bigger club and I hope my admission makes you feel a wee bit less sad than you obviously will do this morning. Numbers have dwindled at Airdrie due to years and years in League 1. Be careful, it could happen to you. Keep paying the rent and you'll be fine. There's always a home for you in places like Cumbernauld and Larbert if you need to "downsize". Much love and best wishes to you and your club for the future from us "Giantkillers!"

Did mcglynn organise the stewarding last night too by any chance?  What the feck was that all about. Send all the stewards over to prevent Falkirk fans invading the pitch to celebrate a 6 2 humping so that there's noone to prevent home fans piling on . Obviously mcglynn wasn't the only brainless twat at the ground last night.

Just now, CHEMOMAN said:

To be fair, it is a big stand!!! (and we own it too like all proper big clubs!) Please don't feel sad for us though, we're quite happy with our lot. If it's a "We're bigger than you because we have more fans than you" scenario then I accept that you are the bigger club and I hope my admission makes you feel a wee bit less sad than you obviously will do this morning. Numbers have dwindled at Airdrie due to years and years in League 1. Be careful, it could happen to you. Keep paying the rent and you'll be fine. There's always a home for you in places like Cumbernauld and Larbert if you need to "downsize". Much love and best wishes to you and your club for the future from us "Giantkillers!"

So touchy. 

1 minute ago, CHEMOMAN said:

We don't pay any rent.

14 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Sadly disagree on this. On review McCann has a handful of his shirt as he turns and the award is correct. 

Where I can agree with you is that happens to a Falkirk player and it's not a pen. 

Realistically the refs ALL can't be against us - they are just so poor with no real recourse or consequences.

Their decisions are baffling at times and one example for me was Kucheriavyi in possession and two Airdrie players chasing him down yet he managed to foul them and gave away a free-kick 🤨

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t disagree with not backing the team however given that Airdrie fans ‘walked away’ and let both your own club and  the club you really support die I don’t think you are in a position to slag anyone for walking away.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

But spot on. Letting your own club die and then being happy enough to knick some other poor group of supporters is a lot more shameless than not turning up to one bloody football match.

You are at the moment and I’ve said several times you are a far better team than us however you walked away and let 2 clubs die - that fact will never change.

I was pissed off last night but I’m neither confused or hurt. Falkirk are in a tough period just now and have been for a while but I’ve been going since 1978 and will go until my health dictates otherwise.

You walked away and let your clubs die - that will never not be the case pal.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Your Clydebank it's as simple as that whether you like it or not.. Laugh bringing on Jimmy Sandison as a legend when he never played for Clydebank in his entire feckin career.

46 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm sure it will continue to be rolled out any time a Clydebank fan accused someone of walking away when they can't bring themselves to watch one single football match.

If there was a definition of “inject it right into my veins” then these last few posts would be it. Glorious. Absolutely glorious.