The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was going to post last night after a few cans but decided not to. I would have ended up in the Heads Gone thread. 

The gist was that 36 games, solid second place, means f**k all when we set fire to ourselves in a matter of minutes. There is no way back, no point deluding ourselves that there is a miracle coming on Saturday. 

Other fans will come and laugh at us, and rightly so. Losing that game in that way is laughing stock stuff. 

Another season in League One at least. I have no faith in us getting up next season. 

Agreed.  Some thought that finishing 2nd was some sort of achievement when in reality, the playoffs are a complete new slate.  For example last season Queens park finished 21 points behind Airdrie and it was QP who achieved promotion.

If we are to get up next season then the club is going to require additional investment.

40 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

There is no way back, no point deluding ourselves that there is a miracle coming on Saturday. 

Think the atmosphere will turn on Saturday as that interview from McGlynn was up there with some of those by Sheerin and Rennie recently. 

We've not kept a clean sheet since 1st April in any competition (8 games) so to expect us to score 4 and not concede is pushing the bounds of credulity.

Edited by Blame Me
Clarification

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He never managed us in League 1. He came in and saved us from relegation (combined with a complete capitulation by Stranraer). The next season I'm sure it was pretty shite though. Closer to going down than going up. 

Even the "saved us from relegation" bit is a stretch.

We did close a big gap on a struggling Stranraer to survive, but nearly all of that gap opened up under McCall in the first place.  We weren't well adrift when he came in.

2 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Agreed.  Some thought that finishing 2nd was some sort of achievement when in reality, the playoffs are a complete new slate.  For example last season Queens park finished 21 points behind Airdrie and it was QP who achieved promotion.

If we are to get up next season then the club is going to require additional investment.

I wouldn’t say anyone was celebrating finishing 2nd but clearly it’s better to have the second leg at home.

Assuming you don’t complete shit the bed in the first game, of course.

22 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think a few P&B Bairns are building Airdrie up to be something they aren't. This is all about us & whether we turn up.

21 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s Airdrie we are playing not Barcelona.

21 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I have absolutely no idea how to feel about this.

If both teams play to the best of their ability, I think we just about shade it over the two legs. We really need to pick up some of that mid-season form that has been lacking for the past few weeks. If we do that, I’d narrowly fancy us.

All that being said, I think there are still serious question marks over the bottle of some players in our team. No better way to answer those than turning up in big play-off matches.

19 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think you're just looking for a story, mate. There is no arrogance, merely an acknowledgement of our capabilities & our (all too frequent) tendency to play within ourselves. 

19 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

What is wrong with thinking that the team who finished above you over the course of a 36 game season will be okay as long as we turn up and perform to the best of our ability? 

Season ended last night which tbh I feared we’d get beat, but not the humiliation and abhorrent display.
Firstly congratulations to Airdrie, you lost your managerial team and decided to go with player/manager set up, a few shrewd signings and last night as bad as we were, you played some great football and credit where’s it’s due. 
Where does the club go from here? I honestly don’t think the BOD will even make a statement till after Saturdays game. Will McGlynn walk - not a chance in hell as guaranteed wage for next season. Will the BOD recognise that keeping the existing manager will seriously affect new STs and renewals? - not sure. 
Some major decisions to be made, my genuine fear is no change and this clown gets next season. I’ve said already that Nesbitt getting two year deal should have set the alarm bells ringing. 

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

I hope Airdrie stay down. As much as they’re a bogey team for us, I’d back us to gain more points than them over the course of the 36 game season, which isn’t the case with Hamilton.

Sorry but this is nonsense. After a settling in period with their new manager they’ve proved to be a far better team than us. I agree Hamilton will be a tough opponent next season as will Alloa and I expect QoS to continue to improve.

McGlynn isn’t good enough. He’s struggled in his 4 games vs Dunfermline and we’ve been absolutely pumped at Hampden and last night. Quite why some of the posters on here think he’s the best thing since sliced bread is beyond me.

If the board have any balls they’ll get rid on Saturday evening however I’ve little confidence in them either after the appointments of Rennie and McGlynn.

We are now a firmly established League 1 club, I know people don’t want to hear that, but that’s the facts.

7 hours ago, AGPar said:

I haven’t read any comments post-match. I would not go within a million miles of McGlynn’s interview. I know what I saw tonight. The single most gutless, spineless, despicable, embarrassing capitulation in over 30 years of watching Falkirk. And before anyone says Queens Park, this was on a whole different level. In terms of the importance of the game. In terms of the vast gulf in budgets between the two clubs. In terms of the yawning chasm in experience between the two managers. 

I posted similar on the match thread but as an Airdrie fan who was at that Queen’s Park game, last night was miles worse from Falkirk. I felt Falkirk caused a lot of their own issues in that Queen’s Park game, embarrassingly poor on the ball and just gifting goals away. Last night was different as I didn’t think the goals came from mistakes, instead Falkirk just looked powerless to stop Airdrie every time they went forward and to be honest didn’t seem interested in trying. I’ve seen a lot of bad Airdrie performances in the play-offs but I’ve never seen anything quite like that. 

“We played the diamond against Dunfermline, played it against Alloa. We’ve actually been getting our best results in that”

very cute that your manager says of your best results this season was a 2-2 draw at home to us, having been 2-0 up.

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Four seats west stand if anyone is interested. 

1 minute ago, superandy_07 said:

5 of my group not going

BuT We StICk wITh FaLKiRk ThROUgh ThICk anD ThiN

😂😂😂😂

Never change Falkirk 

Burrell is a fucking shitebag. Look at the way he moves out the wall for the second goal. He gets way to much praise because he has pace. McGlynn said when he was appointed that we were soft as shite. No wonder he wanted Benedictus as his first signing. Players need to take a huge chunk of responsibility as well for last night. 6 shots, 6 goals for Airdrie. 3 were from a free kick, corner and penalty. School boy stuff which had nothing to do with the formation. Leon McCann didn’t win a single header against McGill all night. Should have stuck to the 4-3-3 which we started the second half with.

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Four seats west stand if anyone is interested. 

2 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

5 of my group not going

Good. Vote with your feet, maybe the board will get the message.

I think I’ll probably go because I’d never forgive myself if I missed a miracle, for which there is about 1% chance.

I’m 99% sure we’ll be 2-0 by half-time with the shitebag players having chucked it and mutiny setting in the stands.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Horrific stuff last night. Let's face it we'd have been out the league one playoff this morning playing like that never mind the championship. I reckon that first 45 was the worst I can remember in nearly 50 years of watching us. Even second half when Airdrie were all over the shop we managed to take our feet off the gas by making the wrong changes. Could only bring myself to watch the last bit of the highlights. Penalty and red card put the tin lid on it and were absolutely howling decisions.  Glad I'm working on Saturday.