The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

Get McCall in pronto, who gives a f**k if he likes a bit of Charlie. Who here hasn't snorted a sneaky line off a piss soaked ScotRail Lavvy seat on the way to Morton. It's 2023 for f**k sake. He's not running for the job at Blue Peter. 

What an amazing quote, love it.

I do have sympathy for the board. They are fans at heart and have tried to do the right thing. They've brought in what looked a competent manager, invested funds in the squad and have been let down.

Again they need to make a footballing decision now that's bad for the balance sheet. More payoffs to McGlynn and Smith. Another turnover of players.

All in the landscape of a really precarious financial position and worries about breaking even next season.

Rather them than me 

Anyone worth their salt giving a management team a two-year deal after the debacles we’ve had to endure recently would surely have negotiated some form of break after a season, covering us if it didn’t work out.

9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

McCall too much baggage now. 

Kevin Thomson worth a shout, Robbie Neilson but probably zero chance of him wanting to come to League 1 to a basket case club! 

Tbf, it’s the managers post our hilariously bad previous Board that have managed to keep us as genuine basket case club.

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

Anyone worth their salt giving a management team a two-year deal after the debacles we’ve had to endure recently would surely have negotiated some form of break after a season, covering us if it didn’t work out.

For me, clause or no clause, we cannot afford to give McGlynn another season. He is finished as a manager. He isn’t a younger Roy Hodgson, he is an older Ray McKinnon.

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Yep. I think we'll sell more this summer than last even with McGlynn.

Our fans are stupidly loyal.

That's really what sticks in my craw tonight. 

Every time we're asked to step up, we do. 

Just seems like the players can't hack it and for all their warm words about our support would prefer to play in front of one man and a dog.

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I do have sympathy for the board. They are fans at heart and have tried to do the right thing. They've brought in what looked a competent manager, invested funds in the squad and have been let down.

Again they need to make a footballing decision now that's bad for the balance sheet. More payoffs to McGlynn and Smith. Another turnover of players.

All in the landscape of a really precarious financial position and worries about breaking even next season.

Rather them than me 

Hard to blame the board for anything that’s happened in last few months 

Thanks to our spawny cup run we have the cash available to be able to afford to pay off McGlynn and Smith now. Give them another season like this one and the fan numbers will fall off a cliff. They'll go at the end of their contracts at the end of next season and we'll be stuck with a part-time team and part-time manager for season 24/25. No chance of being in the Premiership by the time our 150th anniversary comes around.

They have to go now.

15 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

Get McCall in pronto, who gives a f**k if he likes a bit of Charlie. Who here hasn't snorted a sneaky line off a piss soaked ScotRail Lavvy seat on the way to Morton. It's 2023 for f**k sake. He's not running for the job at Blue Peter. 

I think somebody has been cutting his with cake mix though. 

42 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Get rid of him now. The tie is fucked anyway so we've nothing to lose. 

To stand there at 3-0 down after 30 minutes and do absolutely fucking nothing to change things was disgraceful.  

When we won the game in Airdrie 3-4 we made two subs at 32 minutes and then another at half time, and it was only 2-0 at half time.

When they got a man sent off it was 3-1 and we then made another sub. We made the final sub when it was 3-3.

Can see that McGlynn only made one change at half time then waited 10 minutes to make another, then nearly 15 and 20 minutes after that to make the last two.

Raeburn was sent off in the 65tg minute but McGlynn waited 5 minutes to make a sub then 5 more to make another.

McGlynn regularly is out thought in big games. McPake, Dodds and now McCabe have had him well worked out in the big matches this season.

Incidentally, had we lost that game in Airdrie then I think Falkirk would have only been a couple of points behind, with plenty to play (game was in February).

Edited by DA Baracus

30 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Nice if our manager used him properly, but that is way beyond him. Starting with Henderson out left totally unsure what he was meant to be doing, then Williamson and Nesbitt. Good God almighty. Play off semi, and McGlynn saves his biggest tinker for tonight and puts out an experimental set up. Disastrous.

Just got PTSD from Dick Campbell's attempts to make Liam Henderson a left winger last season.

How hard is it to realise you’ve made a mistake in set up, within minutes of a game starting, & make the changes required to counteract the advantage your opponent is taking full use of?

It might have kept you in the tie, but to wait until halftime & make a like for like switch was ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Sorry disagree, the BOD must have rubbered stamped Nesbitt getting a two year deal. If this had been Deans and Co in charge there would have been a meltdown.

A question was asked not too long ago about how bad was Sheerin in his last 10 games in charge.

Not including tonight so as to skew the numbers. McGlynn’s last 10 is better……..one point better.

It’s done for me. If he hasn’t amply demonstrated how far off the pace he is as a manager, then God only knows what it will take. For me, keeping him is unthinkable.

Carraticus Potts………well done you. You called it correctly. Our only chance for a bit of dignity is to get rid, and hand the team to McGinn for Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

No blame whatsoever on the Board. They have supported their managerial pick 100%. Now it’s time to part company with him.

2 minutes ago, kiddy said:

How hard is it to realise you’ve made a mistake in set up, within minutes of a game starting, & make the changes required to counteract the advantage your opponent is taking full use of?

It might have kept you in the tie, but to wait until halftime & make a like for like switch was ridiculous.

👍

48 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

McCall has won promotion from the 3rd tier 3 times if you include Clydebank from the old 2nd Division set up.

Surely the board will sound him out ?

I think it’s 5 times- Bankies, QotS, Ayr twice and Thistle. If you do take him on and he gets you up, remember to sack him immediately if you have ambitions beyond the Championship