The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Story I heard from a scout was that McCall was caught sniffing the white stuff which hastened his departure from firhill so I doubt he'll be back in football for a while.

Don’t know about that but losing 6 games in a row and then being beaten by the divisions 2 bottom teams who had conceded something like 19 goals in their 3 games before us, while our players looking decidedly unfit compared to theirs probably wasn’t exactly encouraging either 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I will be very surprised if mcglynn goes. I think the bod will give him his second year . I might be wrong but I can't see them sacking him.

Then another year in league 1 with McGlynn playing the same style has disaster written all over it. Fans patience wearing very thin with 1 disaster after another, it's the hope that hurts.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t get the Burrell love in. Poor again tonight

Burrell did well when Alegria was holding up the play and Burrell could run in behind and score. We've seen flashes of that but he can't do both.

Burrell causes panic with his pace, at times e.g. Setting up Morrison's cup semi miss and the sending off tonight but he needs someone to play him in not vice versa.

The big question is can we financially afford another clear out of a management team and players. It’s a double edged sword as it will cost us big time but you have to wonder if not doing anything could affect ST sales. Mind you probably not as we are probably the most loyal fans in the world given the shit we’ve had to stomach for nearly five years.

Guest Ecosse83

McCall too much baggage now. 

Kevin Thomson worth a shout, Robbie Neilson but probably zero chance of him wanting to come to League 1 to a basket case club! 

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

McCall too much baggage now. 

Kevin Thomson worth a shout, Robbie Neilson but probably zero chance of him wanting to come to League 1 to a basket case club! 

Robbie Neilson? Are you on crack?

On 30/04/2023 at 11:16, moanthebairns said:

14 points off our rivals. 

53% win record in league one. 

Complete collapse of a team since the Dunfermline away game.

He doesn't know, a year in what his best starting 11 is. 

And let's be honest, the football is verging on the shite we saw the last few years.

He's got to get the play offs, but if we don't go up, this year has been a disaster. And as was posted earlier. Yes he'll get you out of the league eventually but I don't see him winning the championship. 

I really don't get the love in for McGlynn, I don't dislike the man, he comes over as very honest and hardworking but for me it's not looking good. 

I said this after the Scottish cup game, we downed tools the second we got in the semi, which would have been forgivable if we actually turned up for it. This tonight though is single handedly one of the worse Falkirk performances I've ever seen given the magnitude of the game. He should go for that alone, but when you also add in the fact he's let the team piss about whilst fans waste their money going to see them for the best part of two months he can f**k off tonight for all I care. 

Get McCall in pronto, who gives a f**k if he likes a bit of Charlie. Who here hasn't snorted a sneaky line off a piss soaked ScotRail Lavvy seat on the way to Morton. It's 2023 for f**k sake. He's not running for the job at Blue Peter. 

Edited by moanthebairns

2 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

Then another year in league 1 with McGlynn playing the same style has disaster written all over it. Fans patience wearing very thin with 1 disaster after another, it's the hope that hurts.

Aye good luck in selling season tickets after the nights shambles.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

Robbie Neilson? Are you on crack?

😂 I did also say zero chance. Just a name that popped into my head!

On 30/04/2023 at 11:18, Disco Duck said:

It’s an entirely outlandish position.  The last point you make is fatuous and irrelevant.

Has there been improvement this season?  Demonstrably yes - we’ve finished higher up the league, scored 18 more goals, conceded 17 fewer, notched up at least 20 more points (all in a league with more full time teams than last season), gone further in every cup competition.  A catastrophic fall in our league positions that has been a consistent feature of every season since Houston went and we’ve installed a merry-go-round of inexperienced and/or clueless managers has been stopped.

You want to sack yet another manager and spin the wheel of turd yet again?  Pay out money to replace McGlynn and presumably have another 462 players come through our doors who have never met each other and have no affiliation for the club, because whatever joker we get wants his own team?

Actually, I take it back.  It’s not outlandish.  It’s monumentally fucking idiotic.  It’s an opinion so astronomically massive in its stupidity that it has its own gravitational pull, sucking even light from the universe into its dense ignorance.

I’d wager you pay for a blue tick on Twitter.  

Disco Duck, I think the least you can now do is offer an apology to Cactus jack after this frankly inane pish I had the misfortune of enduring. 

Just now, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Yep. I think we'll sell more this summer than last even with McGlynn.

Our fans are stupidly loyal.

I’m not knocking that loyalty as ultimately we all want the club to be here. It’s just hard to square off ponying up more cash that just continuously gets pissed up against the wall.

Tough times and no end in sight.

2 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

If we do get rid off Mglynn, I'd look to Marbury and Kerr from Edinburgh City, 

Also like what Marvin Bartley been doing at QOS since he took over, whether he would leave them for our shitshow is another matter, 

Maybury and Kerr is a good shout.