The Falkirk FC Thread

Haven't seen any of the game tonight but been following the updates on here. 

I've been all for giving McGlynn time but I don't know how he survives this. Three down after 16 minutes, 4 down after half an hour and 5 down at half time. I thought when we got it back to 5-2 and they were down to 10 we had a slight chance but the tie is now over. I can only assume the usual rank rotten defending was on show

Fair play to @Caractacus Potts, you called it weeks ago. 

I have no idea where we go from here. I'd be keeping an eye on Ian Murray's situation at Raith. Other than him, I'm short on names. 

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

There's obviously not any positives from that tonight but if we had 10 players fighting for everything like Finn Yeats when he came on we wouldn't have been 5-0 down at half time. 

He was absolutely fantastic.

And this is what we have been missing since the academy closed, a spine of home grown youths who will run through a wall for the club

Re mcglynn I really wanted him to succeed but I have zero confidence in his tactical nonce. He picks the wrong teams, sets them out wrong and doesn't know how to influence in game. 

I'd have Ian McCall back

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

hahahaha aye blame the ref bud 😂😂😂

The ref didn't cost us the game but he cost us any sniff of an outside chance. The officiating at this level is an utter disgrace. Penalty and sending off were farcical. 

1 minute ago, FK1Bairn said:

I have no idea where we go from here. I'd be keeping an eye on Ian Murray's situation at Raith. Other than him, I'm short on names. 

Peter Grant and John Hughes are available 👍

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Get back into it then the whole momentum goes with his substitution. After that it was horrific officiating that ensured it was game over.  Summed up the season shite defending and horrific refereeing.

The officiating ensured it was game over 😂 

type set GIF

Oh fantastic. Please, post more x

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

The ref didn't cost us the game but he cost us any sniff of an outside chance. The officiating at this level is an utter disgrace. Penalty and sending off were farcical. 

We lost any outside chance when Williamson and Donaldson were chosen in the back 4 for our biggest game of the season. It was 6-2 ffs. We got absolutely pumped. Well and truly ridden.

The referee could have played for us in the second half to make it 12 vs 10 and they’d still have been too good for us.

We can maybe moan about the Allan sending off as that looked ridiculous but the Airdrie pen was a stonewaller. The ref didn’t cost us that game, the manager and players cost us that game. Airdrie were miles better than us first half and to be completely fair, we didn’t deserve anything other than a scudding. The board have a big decision to make here.

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

And this is what we have been missing since the academy closed, a spine of home grown youths who will run through a wall for the club

Re mcglynn I really wanted him to succeed but I have zero confidence in his tactical nonce. He picks the wrong teams, sets them out wrong and doesn't know how to influence in game. 

I'd have Ian McCall back

3F1BAC49-E8BE-4237-8FC7-E97115568140.thumb.jpeg.ff07ed8df4cd4d3cba8f46e93e4695d0.jpeg.57aa08d359b004f14e468168595068da.jpeg

13 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Of all the bad decisions McGlynn has made, starting Ryan Williamson in the last 2 games have been the worst

Knew 5 mins before he went off he was going to pull-up. Looked like he wanted to be anywhere other than in the team.

Yeats, a makeshift right-back, making a bigger contribution in the time given tonight than Williamson has since his Hampden.

So a lot of people calling for McGlynn to go. But what do we think the chances of it happening are? Can’t see the board doing it to be honest. 

From my point of view I just about was on board with keeping him on but not after tonight. 

1 minute ago, ChoppeReid said:

So a lot of people calling for McGlynn to go. But what do we think the chances of it happening are? Can’t see the board doing it to be honest. 

From my point of view I just about was on board with keeping him on but not after tonight. 

Him and smith need to go tonight.