The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sorry, but I don’t think you fully grasp the engineering here. We have three cantilever roofs. Their positioning is the outcome of a whole bunch of calculations that really can’t be messed around with.

Any future works on the roof would be the replacement of the sheeting, but certainly not the engineering of the load bearing structures. As I said previously, to re-engineer the cantilever would cost more than the stand cost to build. It would be a huge engineering undertaking that for our three stands would cost millions. To lower the profile of the roofs, it would require massive re-working of the steel fabrication within the structure of the stands.

You would effectively have to dismantle the stands, and start from scratch. It would cost many millions to achieve.

You make a valid point but these concerns should be able to addressed with the appropriate civil engineering.

Even a cladding panel on the front edge would help with the acoustics and be a good advertising hoarding.

Council must be pissing themselves laughing with a captive tenant picking up the care and maintenance over the next 100 years of their leased property with the bonus of a healthy mark up on any of their staff seconded to games and events.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You make a valid point but these concerns should be able to addressed with the appropriate civil engineering.

Even a cladding panel on the front edge would help with the acoustics and be a good advertising hoarding.

Council must be pissing themselves laughing with a captive tenant picking up the care and maintenance over the next 100 years of their leased property with the bonus of a healthy mark up on any of their staff seconded to games and events.

You quite obviously still don’t understand the deal or ownership structure between the club and the council when it comes to the stadium. That’s despite a few on here explaining various aspects of it to you at different points in time. It’s clear you’ve obviously made your mind up regardless/despite of the facts and it’s becoming extremely boring. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Not sure whether both clubs need to agree ticket prices, but have to say I’d like to have seen lower pricing for our playoff matches to try and get a sell out.

Personally I’d have gone for a maximum of £15 (ideally £12) but hopefully they will still sell well.

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not sure whether both clubs need to agree ticket prices, but have to say I’d like to have seen lower pricing for our playoff matches to try and get a sell out.

Personally I’d have gone for a maximum of £15 (ideally £12) but hopefully they will still sell well.

League decide pricing and take a cut on all play off games. 

47 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I wonder what “kind” of stand the KM would become. Imo it’s a guarantee all the “young” team and loads of KM regulars would move to the new one. Maybe we could all go up the north end of the East Stand 1st half then KM stand 2nd half 😂

I would move from the West to an East stand/terrace. It’s where I stood in the most at the Brockville days, ie facing the main stand. 

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Very disappointing in that case- in my view, you would get a bigger crowd at £12 a pop

It certainly used to be the case they take a cut 

58 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I wonder what “kind” of stand the KM would become. Imo it’s a guarantee all the “young” team and loads of KM regulars would move to the new one. Maybe we could all go up the north end of the East Stand 1st half then KM stand 2nd half 😂

At one point or another I've sat in every stand at the stadium and my best experience was in the gazebo along the east side. Any sort of terracing/safe standing/gazebo return along that side and I'd be moving straight back.

37 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

At one point or another I've sat in every stand at the stadium and my best experience was in the gazebo along the east side. Any sort of terracing/safe standing/gazebo return along that side and I'd be moving straight back.

That would be just like Brockville. Fantastic. Maybe a wee bridge so the young team could change ends at half time.

39 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

The wee gazebo was class, if they had something like that or something like the Ayr thing that was on here the other day they could even sell lite hospitality, no dress code, burger and drinks and out to the terrace to go mental. Much better than that suit and tie civilised pish. 

5 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

The wee gazebo was class, if they had something like that or something like the Ayr thing that was on here the other day they could even sell lite hospitality, no dress code, burger and drinks and out to the terrace to go mental. Much better than that suit and tie civilised pish. 

I loved the gazebo,great value for money and of course the  players could hear you shout abuse at them.

4 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I loved the gazebo,great value for money and of course the  players could hear you shout abuse at them.

Distinctly remember a Killie defender putting the ball out for a throw in with no one near him after a particularly loud punter yelled "man on" back when we were in the top flight. Good times.

7 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Distinctly remember a Killie defender putting the ball out for a throw in with no one near him after a particularly loud punter yelled "man on" back when we were in the top flight. Good times.

McGeady could not handle TRAITOR BOY shouts and gave the guys shouting it the middle finger,the 2nd half Scott Brown was getting abuse and just blew kisses at us lol

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

League decide pricing and take a cut on all play off games. 

Fairly sure it's just the premiership playoff that cut applies to.

Season tickets used to apply for us and I wouldn't imagine we'd do that if we then had to pay a cut out.

6 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There is no reason for the stand roofs to be the height they are.

They dissipate the crowd noise instead of amplifying it. It's not rose-tinted glasses referring to Brockville the stand and the covered terracing were an echo chamber.

Hopefully when the roofs have to be replaced or refurbished (which they will) redesigning and rectifying the shortcomings on what is a badly conceived, designed and built stadium can to some degree be rectified.

As for the 4th stand? Build up a rubble foundation, concrete slabbing put seats 15 - 20 rows deep and a roof over it job done and a fraction of the price of the 3-atmosphere vacuum chambers we have at present.

You expect them to rip the entire roof off the main, north and south stand in order to lessen their height or even redesign them so they echo the noise better? Do you have any  grip on reality? That would cost a small fortune to do on one stand let alone three!

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You quite obviously still don’t understand the deal or ownership structure between the club and the council when it comes to the stadium. That’s despite a few on here explaining various aspects of it to you at different points in time. It’s clear you’ve obviously made your mind up regardless/despite of the facts and it’s becoming extremely boring. 

Au contraire, I find it hilarious.

I look forward to him bringing it up again in 2 months time like it's for the first time.

Council stadium ownership, Stadium roof alterations, and Boardroom leaks - Tick, Tick, Tick , he's nothing if not consistent.