The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There is no reason for the stand roofs to be the height they are.

They dissipate the crowd noise instead of amplifying it. It's not rose-tinted glasses referring to Brockville the stand and the covered terracing were an echo chamber.

Hopefully when the roofs have to be replaced or refurbished (which they will) redesigning and rectifying the shortcomings on what is a badly conceived, designed and built stadium can to some degree be rectified.

As for the 4th stand? Build up a rubble foundation, concrete slabbing put seats 15 - 20 rows deep and a roof over it job done and a fraction of the price of the 3-atmosphere vacuum chambers we have at present.

I'd much rather have roofs like TFS than the legoland look of St Mirren, Airdrie etc

The north and south stands have 17 rows so what you're suggesting for the east would be the same height. I'm not a QS but would be amazed if we had any change from a £5m construction cost, which is money we simply don't have right now.

As good as it would be to properly finish the stadium with a 3k east stand it makes 0 sense to build it just now 

People didn't read what I said. The stand would be built with community grants for community use with seats facing the community pitches. We'll just get a standing area on the reverse side of this stand and use of the rooms inside it. Very little if any Falkirk FC money would go into it. 

12 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

People didn't read what I said. The stand would be built with community grants for community use with seats facing the community pitches. We'll just get a standing area on the reverse side of this stand and use of the rooms inside it. Very little if any Falkirk FC money would go into it. 

This would be perfect IMO, the stadium and fans would benefit from having some safe standing rail seats or even better an old school terracing which I’m told is now perfectly legal provided the numbers are restricted. If the structure can be built with community grants from the foundation then so long as the club get use of it on a no cost basis then it’s a win win. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There is no reason for the stand roofs to be the height they are.

They dissipate the crowd noise instead of amplifying it. It's not rose-tinted glasses referring to Brockville the stand and the covered terracing were an echo chamber.

Hopefully when the roofs have to be replaced or refurbished (which they will) redesigning and rectifying the shortcomings on what is a badly conceived, designed and built stadium can to some degree be rectified.

As for the 4th stand? Build up a rubble foundation, concrete slabbing put seats 15 - 20 rows deep and a roof over it job done and a fraction of the price of the 3-atmosphere vacuum chambers we have at present.

Sorry, but I don’t think you fully grasp the engineering here. We have three cantilever roofs. Their positioning is the outcome of a whole bunch of calculations that really can’t be messed around with.

Any future works on the roof would be the replacement of the sheeting, but certainly not the engineering of the load bearing structures. As I said previously, to re-engineer the cantilever would cost more than the stand cost to build. It would be a huge engineering undertaking that for our three stands would cost millions. To lower the profile of the roofs, it would require massive re-working of the steel fabrication within the structure of the stands.

You would effectively have to dismantle the stands, and start from scratch. It would cost many millions to achieve.

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

This would be perfect IMO, the stadium and fans would benefit from having some safe standing rail seats or even better an old school terracing which I’m told is now perfectly legal provided the numbers are restricted. If the structure can be built with community grants from the foundation then so long as the club get use of it on a no cost basis then it’s a win win. 

I read it as possibly just flat standing but if the infrastructure is there then a basic terraced area would be ideal.

24 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sorry, but I don’t think you fully grasp the engineering here. We have three cantilever roofs. Their positioning is the outcome of a whole bunch of calculations that really can’t be messed around with.

Any future works on the roof would be the replacement of the sheeting, but certainly not the engineering of the load bearing structures. As I said previously, to re-engineer the cantilever would cost more than the stand cost to build. It would be a huge engineering undertaking that for our three stands would cost millions. To lower the profile of the roofs, it would require massive re-working of the steel fabrication within the structure of the stands.

You would effectively have to dismantle the stands, and start from scratch. It would cost many millions to achieve.

Pish!

I remember reading about a man that removed all of the rafters in his loft to give him more room. Could we not just do something similar?

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Pish!

I remember reading about a man that removed all of the rafters in his loft to give him more room. Could we not just do something similar?

Feck. You are not supposed to know about that.

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Pish!

Everyone knows the cantilever companies have it all sewn up. Sell u 5 times more than you need. Reckon we're good to cut out most them without even asking a structural engineer

If it's terracing, something akin to the EV charger canopies would suffice as a structure if you can imagine 4-5 rows of bleacher type seating on the side facing the community pitches.

Win-win. Boost the stadiums green credentials further, add additional capacity and provide a covered viewing area for both pitches on the Grangemouth side. 

Might also please @HopeStreetWalker as it'd keep the atmosphere in 😉

image.png.2f5ff1e5ce91117b7a050969853d3f68.png

28 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

If it's terracing, something akin to the EV charger canopies would suffice as a structure if you can imagine 4-5 rows of bleacher type seating on the side facing the community pitches.

Win-win. Boost the stadiums green credentials further, add additional capacity and provide a covered viewing area for both pitches on the Grangemouth side. 

Might also please @HopeStreetWalker as it'd keep the atmosphere in 😉

image.png.2f5ff1e5ce91117b7a050969853d3f68.png

Would need to have a TV gantry built in.

I wonder what “kind” of stand the KM would become. Imo it’s a guarantee all the “young” team and loads of KM regulars would move to the new one. Maybe we could all go up the north end of the East Stand 1st half then KM stand 2nd half 😂

38 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I see tickets are on sale now online for the Home play off match on Sat 13th

Tickets available to buy for season ticket holders but nothing on the club channels yet which is a bit odd.