The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Disco Duck said:

Just ignore him, he’s a dick.

I was relatively pleased with the way we played today (McGinn and Henderson in particular) but the gulf showed up front at either end.  To be fair both Inverness goals were well taken from great crosses, but we looked really weak at FB.  Penalty is simultaneously clearly a penalty and an absolute fucking nonsense, and just killed the game stone dead.  f**k VAR.

Relatively pleased to get hosed 3 zip on national tele hahahaha 

8 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Relatively pleased to get hosed 3 zip on national tele hahahaha 

Try reading again.  Maybe run your finger along the line and mouth the words.  You’ll get it eventually.

24 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Just ignore him, he’s a dick.

I was relatively pleased with the way we played today (McGinn and Henderson in particular) but the gulf showed up front at either end.  To be fair both Inverness goals were well taken from great crosses, but we looked really weak at FB.  Penalty is simultaneously clearly a penalty and an absolute fucking nonsense, and just killed the game stone dead.  f**k VAR.

Sorry, if Falkirk are relatively pleased to lose 3-0 to Inverness in a Scottish cup semi final, we should be closing the doors for me.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Sorry, if Falkirk are relatively pleased to lose 3-0 to Inverness in a Scottish cup semi final, we should be closing the doors for me.

Maybe we should close the doors on you. No one said anyone was pleased to lose 3-0 to Inverness. Being pleased with the way the team played does not always equate to being pleased with the result. Take a day off. 

I don’t think we were that bad to be honest. Probably the least painful of the Hampden defeats. Inverness were just better, and I don’t buy into the idea that we didn’t turn up. We played quite well as we have for much of the season in various parts of the match , which unfortunately just isn’t at championship level. Nothing shocking about that. 

I enjoyed the day and that’s from someone who didn’t think they were that fussed about going to Hampden again. There is something about it, even if it is a shitehole. 

Onto the  play-offs now.  Let’s see how we go. 

47 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You must have been at the pie stand when his run  and challenge created our best chance of the first half when we hit the post.

If you are happy with that contribution in sixty minutes then fair play. I think Oliver would have, and did offer more as a lone striker. I think burrell looks like a player that is leaving at the end of the season and that worries me for the play offs. I'd start with Oliver, if it's a lone striker. Potentially start burrell as a pairing as that worked v Dunfermline at home.

I also worry that our top scorer Morrison hasn't been scoring and our top assister nesbitt hasn't been assisting and that is reflected in 2 wins from last 8. Mcglynn really needs to pick things up for the play offs

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I noticed you’ve posted similar things before. Maybe you need time away from the club? I did as much after Hartley was away and for most of the first season in league 1, and to be honest it helped me reset my expectations. Might make things easier. 

I thought 3 nil was a bit harsh tbh, I didn't see the handball for starts and I don't think anyone else did till the ref stopped play, as for the goals I didn't think Caley had many chances and what they did they scored, I think we were unlucky not to score but days like that happen.  I can't fault players or McGlynn for today.

29 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

If you are happy with that contribution in sixty minutes then fair play. I think Oliver would have, and did offer more as a lone striker. I think burrell looks like a player that is leaving at the end of the season and that worries me for the play offs. I'd start with Oliver, if it's a lone striker. Potentially start burrell as a pairing as that worked v Dunfermline at home.

I also worry that our top scorer Morrison hasn't been scoring and our top assister nesbitt hasn't been assisting and that is reflected in 2 wins from last 8. Mcglynn really needs to pick things up for the play offs

You can't start with a lone striker that doesn't score goals. He missed from about 3 yards out today with an empty net. Burrell scores goals at least. Today the tactics up top didn't cost us the players inability to put the ball in the back of the net did.  Two open goals, 3 free headers at least and a number of other box pinball moments. I would agree with you more if we didn't have any chances but we had enough to match them even with them scoring 3. Oliver wouldn't have made that situation any better.

Edited by Shodwall cat

19 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

I noticed you’ve posted similar things before. Maybe you need time away from the club? I did as much after Hartley was away and for most of the first season in league 1, and to be honest it helped me reset my expectations. Might make things easier. 

I have been positive when deserved but for me you cannot be happy with a performance resulting in a 3-0 defeat to Inverness. If that is excessively negative, so be it.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

24 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

I don’t think we were that bad to be honest. Probably the least painful of the Hampden defeats. Inverness were just better, and I don’t buy into the idea that we didn’t turn up. We played quite well as we have for much of the season in various parts of the match , which unfortunately just isn’t at championship level. Nothing shocking about that. 

I enjoyed the day and that’s from someone who didn’t think they were that fussed about going to Hampden again. There is something about it, even if it is a shitehole. 

Onto the  play-offs now.  Let’s see how we go. 

Ict and Ayr are  fourth and fifth in the league and both are only 5 points off the top.  They are better than us but the gap isn't as big as it probably should be . Should give us confidence against clubs twenty odd points below them. As I said previously the champ looks like a right pile of shite this season.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Having a striker that can score from limited chances and get you a result when you aren't playing that well is the big thing we still miss. Billy Mackay's an internationalist whose scored over 160 goals in his career. We have burrell with what 8. Oliver with about 30 in ten seasons and wright whose scored 6 in the pro leagues. It's a massive difference.

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You can't start with a lone striker that doesn't score goals. He missed from about 3 yards out today with an empty net. Burrell scores goals at least. Today the tactics up top didn't cost us the players inability to put the ball in the back of the net did.  Two open goals, 3 free headers at least and a number of other box pinball moments. I would agree with you more if we didn't have any chances but we had enough to match them even with them scoring 3. Oliver wouldn't have made that situation any better.

Oliver doesn't need to necessarily score he needs to hold the ball up better and link play better which he infinitely does better than burrell. I'm not going to keep going back and forward all night we just need to agree to differ and move on.