The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

more the fact its a dark kit which would clash with their away and the primary is blue which would technically clash with their home, obviously vastly different shade but not too sure on the rules

Oh aye, I'm not saying the SFA would allow it, but Stevie Wonder could tell you that there's no colour clash.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It 100% came from someone in Elliot’s in the 1980’s. The guy who I first heard singing it is a poster on here (or at least he used to be, not seen him on for ages) 

Although I might have dates wrong, can remember a huge support at the old beach end at Pittroddrie giving it big, thought late’s eighties. 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Although I might have dates wrong, can remember a huge support at the old beach end at Pittroddrie giving it big, thought late’s eighties. 

Thought it was from the first marquee dinner and dance. Did some players not get up on stage and do an impromptu karaoke version of Amarillo?

23 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Thought it was from the first marquee dinner and dance. Did some players not get up on stage and do an impromptu karaoke version of Amarillo?

Na on the go long long before that

Guest FFC1965

Falkirk fans been singing a song to the tune of Amarillo since at least the late 70s (back when Elliots was still "the John de" and a place best avoided - though it still is.)  

The club  picked up on it a good few years later - around the promotion year of 90/91 would be my guess - and it gained greater exposure around then.  

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Dunfermline lifting the league trophy at the weekend and we’ve got our sponsors sending some melt over to East End with an aluminium carrot.

I sincerely hope the club didn’t OK the idea.

f**k all to do wi the club that. Pitiful stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Dunfermline lifting the league trophy at the weekend and we’ve got our sponsors sending some melt over to East End with an aluminium carrot.

I sincerely hope the club didn’t OK the idea.

Someone clearly not reading the room.

29 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Falkirk fans been singing a song to the tune of Amarillo since at least the late 70s (back when Elliots was still "the John de" and a place best avoided - though it still is.)  

The club  picked up on it a good few years later - around the promotion year of 90/91 would be my guess - and it gained greater exposure around then.  

Barely missed a game in the 70s, and never heard anyone singing Amarillo.