The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Well if we need any indication of how bad Airdrieonians are then that result for them shows it, two men up and they still couldn’t win. Let’s not overestimate what we’re playing in the play-offs. 

I could be wrong but Alloa could pip them to third depending on results. Airdrie still have QoS and Edinburgh to play (who seem to be their bogey team) 

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I could be wrong but Alloa could pip them to third depending on results. Airdrie still have QoS and Edinburgh to play (who seem to be their bogey team) 

With what we saw from Alloa today it's highly unlikely they're going to get anything out of Montrose away and the scum at home. So I think it's pretty safe to assume we'll be playing Airdrie. Hopefully they do enough next weekend to make Aidrie have to put out a decent team on the final day right enough.

Out of the three teams fighting it out for second bottom of the championship I'd probably prefer Arbroath to be honest. Megginson always has a field day against us and Hamilton have Connor Smith who's a right good player. Arbroath don't really have much going on Hetherington's been playing left back for them.

Great result and performance. Superb from Ryan Williamson who deserves to start next week. His final ball in is much better than Rowe’s. Wright should have scored but can’t complain with anyone today. Henderson was fantastic apart from trying to get Alloa back in the game with the penalty. How good is Kennedy and Max? Unbelievable. 

20 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Well if we need any indication of how bad Airdrieonians are then that result for them shows it, two men up and they still couldn’t win. Let’s not overestimate what we’re playing in the play-offs. 

Probably more of an indication as to how good the champions are. 1 defeat all season and 9 men against 3rd best in the league for 20 minutes. Absolutely rinsed this league.

7 minutes ago, Craigypar said:

Probably more of an indication as to how good the champions are. 1 defeat all season and 9 men against 3rd best in the league for 20 minutes. Absolutely rinsed this league.

Na, being unable to beat 9 men is certainly, in almost all circumstances, a reflection on the team with 11. 

11 minutes ago, Craigypar said:

Why are you lot so needy?

You deserved to win the league, well done now f**k off.

11 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Great result and performance. Superb from Ryan Williamson who deserves to start next week. His final ball in is much better than Rowe’s. Wright should have scored but can’t complain with anyone today. Henderson was fantastic apart from trying to get Alloa back in the game with the penalty. How good is Kennedy and Max? Unbelievable. 

I wouldn’t play Williamson. He lasted 55 minutes Tuesday and about an hour today. On The wide open acres of Hampden he will last about 20 minutes. I would use him in the play offs though 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Na, being unable to beat 9 men is certainly, in almost all circumstances, a reflection on the team with 11. 

I like to think it's more of a reflection of a team that refuses to get beat in all circumstances. Whether they are 3 down at airdrie or 2 down at Falkirk. Resilient.

1 minute ago, Craigypar said:

I like to think it's more of a reflection of a team that refuses to get beat in all circumstances. Whether they are 3 down at airdrie or 2 down at Falkirk. Resilient.

I don't think you've watched much football tbh. 

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Very frustrating when we look back we’ve dropped 15 points against Kelty, Clyde and FC Edinburgh. Could have seen us top, even with the terrible record in the Derbies. 

Aye but that’s gone, time to fully focus on the massively important games to come.

Just now, Craigypar said:

You've been in league 1 for 5 years mate. I think it's probably you that's not watched much football.

The thing about thinking a team with 11 should be able to beat a team with 9 in all but the most extreme of gulfs in class is that the league position of the team I support is totally irrelevant 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The thing about thinking a team with 11 should be able to beat a team with 9 in all but the most extreme of gulfs in class is that the league position of the team I support is totally irrelevant 

Unless they are playing a team that has the best defensive record in the league no? A team that's on the club record run of unbeaten games maybe?

Edited by Craigypar

2 minutes ago, Craigypar said:

Unless they are playing a team that has the best defensive record in the league no? A team that's on the club record run of unbeaten games maybe?

Like I said, except in the most extreme gulfs in class. 

20 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

With what we saw from Alloa today it's highly unlikely they're going to get anything out of Montrose away and the scum at home. So I think it's pretty safe to assume we'll be playing Airdrie. Hopefully they do enough next weekend to make Aidrie have to put out a decent team on the final day right enough.

Out of the three teams fighting it out for second bottom of the championship I'd probably prefer Arbroath to be honest. Megginson always has a field day against us and Hamilton have Connor Smith who's a right good player. Arbroath don't really have much going on Hetherington's been playing left back for them.

Looking at the bottom of the championship Hamilton if I'm correct can't finish higher than where they are as played a game more. It'll be them or Cove in the playoff position. Arbroath are safe barring a huge goal swing. I don't seem to recall megginson battering the goals in this season unless he's been injured 

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Looking at the bottom of the championship Hamilton if I'm correct can't finish higher than where they are as played a game more. It'll be them or Cove in the playoff position. Arbroath are safe barring a huge goal swing. I don't seem to recall megginson battering the goals in this season unless he's been injured 

Cove still have two games to play so they could potentially go above Arbroath as they are only 3 points behind. That would leave Hamilton last and Arbroath 2nd bottom.