The Falkirk FC Thread

22 hours ago, martin ritchie said:

Was in the south stand for the first time in ages last night, has anyone had the misfortune of sitting near a mouthy fake tanned 20years oldish female who by the way she was talking she seems to work or volunteer for the club/foundation/junior bairns. She spent the whole game calling the players Stephen,Kai, Gary etc. According to her the players are overworked, the fans are scum for criticising/booing, it was all the pitches fault for our poor performance(same pitch for both teams) and she was even arguing with 60/70 year old fans...she also wants our play off games moved to Broadwood since it has a better pitch.....what an eye opener last night was 🙄

Fortunately not !   Although in the South Stand, not too far from a female who was very loud and vocal (wasn't me !)   Someone said they wouldn't like to take home an opened pay packet !

38 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Honestly can't remember - as you can see it was at 0023 and I was about 93% asleep!

I did a google search and I think it was on a Record article from back then. I couldn't find an article with this year's figures. Yours will probably be pretty close, I imagine.

Don’t think they actually release them every year, to be fair. Your extra money from the cup run will be greater than the prize money lost from dropping down a league place. If you win the playoffs, your overall prize money would be greater than ours and you’d still achieve promotion.

If you’re just looking at 2nd v 3rd, then you’ll already have plugged that gap with your cup run. Although the extra £20k or so would obviously still be better.

So that's Falkirk Forever officially started. Seems the only real 'benefit' is paying the season ticket over a year.

Is it unfair for me to say that promoting FSS would have been a stronger option instead? Something along the lines of 'FSS x FFC' - join FSS and pay your season ticket over 12 months. I know they are already offering this option to members but feels like this should have been the chance for the club to really promote a clear reason to join FSS. Instead we get this slightly messy join one or the other.

27 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

So that's Falkirk Forever officially started. Seems the only real 'benefit' is paying the season ticket over a year.

Is it unfair for me to say that promoting FSS would have been a stronger option instead? Something along the lines of 'FSS x FFC' - join FSS and pay your season ticket over 12 months. I know they are already offering this option to members but feels like this should have been the chance for the club to really promote a clear reason to join FSS. Instead we get this slightly messy join one or the other.

I don't see the benefit of the Falkirk Forever initiative. It just seems bonkers to me.

25 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Can understand the reason for the “Forever” however not fully understanding if a club like ours will have additional numbers prepared to back the Forever, especially as the guys behind the FSS are/have been working their arses off trying to the numbers to grow in the FSS. Be interesting to see what materialises. 

11 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Maybe for guys those that want to donate some more but dont agree with fan ownership. Could detract from FSS though

You could make a donation without then need for this charity find though. You could buy shares in your own name as well. Doesn't necessary mean you support fan ownership.

You need to really and truly need to want to do this. You cannot choose this because you can’t afford a ST up front, and this offers you an alternative pay monthly scheme. That would be daft, as you would indeed be paying a £120 paywall in order to get your ST. That’s a helluva huge APR if spreading the cost of your ST is your only driver.

The selling point of “100% of the money goes to the playing budget and academy” begs the question of “so then where does the FSS money go”? Does it go on less sexy expenditure that some might rather avoid, and so switch camps?
Given a continued upward trend in subscribers (made more difficult by our poor performances in 7 of our last 8 league games) FSS is likely to have secured all unsold shares in the next three and a bit years. Then what? It would have no reason to exist, so would it be sacrificed in favour of the FFF donation system?

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You need to really and truly need to want to do this. You cannot choose this because you can’t afford a ST up front, and this offers you an alternative pay monthly scheme. That would be daft, as you would indeed be paying a £120 paywall in order to get your ST. That’s a helluva huge APR if spreading the cost of your ST is your only driver.

The selling point of “100% of the money goes to the playing budget and academy” begs the question of “so then where does the FSS money go”? Does it go on less sexy expenditure that some might rather avoid, and so switch camps?
Given a continued upward trend in subscribers (made more difficult by our poor performances in 7 of our last 8 league games) FSS is likely to have secured all unsold shares in the next three and a bit years. Then what? It would have no reason to exist, so would it be sacrificed in favour of the FFF donation system?

After reaching the 26% shareholding level (or whatever the target is) I’d be happy to keep my monthly payments going to contribute to another project/target. Say a new fourth stand, raise a 100k a year and within 5 years you would have half a million in the bank. Enough to cover legal, planning, architects costs etc and hopefully the club can The finance the balance through loans. Obviously dependent on us being back in, and established in, the SPL.

Any legal issues with this from a FSS perspective or would a new organisation need to be set up to take future fundraising forward?

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I think that is the aim, almost a replacement of B4l. Just feels to me it gets in the way of space the club could use to promote FSS. 

It's basically a replacement for B4L - but this time directly under the control of the club

22 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

After reaching the 26% shareholding level (or whatever the target is) I’d be happy to keep my monthly payments going to contribute to another project/target. Say a new fourth stand, raise a 100k a year and within 5 years you would have half a million in the bank. Enough to cover legal, planning, architects costs etc and hopefully the club can The finance the balance through loans. Obviously dependent on us being back in, and established in, the SPL.

Any legal issues with this from a FSS perspective or would a new organisation need to be set up to take future fundraising forward?

The problem with initiatives such as FSS and Falkirk Forever is that the promises made to spend the money on X or Y are meaningless.  As soon as the money hits the club bank account then Directors are duty bound to spend it on what they deem are in the best interests of the business.  And with no transparency around what the football budget is - how would anyone ever know that the money has gone there?

8 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Looking at their accounts it seems there was no share purchases and can’t see any large loans mentioned although admittedly no expert. 

Remember that’ll be last years accounts  that are lodged with companies house 

Edited by grumpyoldman

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Remember that’ll be last years accounts  that are lodged with companies house 

Yeh up to June 2022 but no files submitted for the purchase of any shares. Just see no evidence to support the claim that their budget is much bigger. Going by previous accounts it would seem unlikely. 

25 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

The problem with initiatives such as FSS and Falkirk Forever is that the promises made to spend the money on X or Y are meaningless.  As soon as the money hits the club bank account then Directors are duty bound to spend it on what they deem are in the best interests of the business.  And with no transparency around what the football budget is - how would anyone ever know that the money has gone there?

Near enough impossible to differentiate £A from £B as it all goes to the same bank account I would imagine.

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:
1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Yeh up to June 2022 but no files submitted for the purchase of any shares. Just see no evidence to support the claim that their budget is much bigger. Going by previous accounts it would seem unlikely. 

Agreed, nor much sign of profit. The guy Smith who is Ayr’s majority shareholder is worth a bob or two though.

Edited by grumpyoldman