The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

There's absolutely no way we'll sign Kennedy again. The fans won't take to him after his fairly gutless spell last time.

I wouldn't want him. He's popped up with some goals for Falkirk this term, some really good ones too but he done absolutely nothing in a Pars shirt, or whilst playing against us this season to change my mind. He blows hot and cold, more often the latter. I can't see him getting a new deal at Rangers but wouldn't be surprised to see a Dundee/St.Mirren take a chance on him. I know that's two leagues above potentially if Dundee go up.

Only Falkirk player I'd be genuinely interested in is Burrell.

With regards to Donaldson, was good last year despite the relegation. I thought he'd stay in the Championship so was very surprised when he rocked up at TFS. He's had his ropey moments this season but is still a good centre half more than capable of playing in the Championship. I wouldn't have him over Bene, Breen or any of the two that we've been linked with for this coming window which is Sam Fisher and Euan Murray. Breen linked with Barnsley and some other clubs down south but I think is still under contract for next season.

Edited by The Toun Clock

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

Agreed. 

Only Falkirk player I'd consider taking is Morrison but I believe he has another year on his contract and I don't think he's quite good enough to merit us paying a fee for.

*Cough* Burrell mate *cough*

He's out of contract at the end of the season 😉

I can't see us standing in Burrells way if he wants to leave, as it stands now at least. You dint know what has been said re McGlynns plans for him behind closed doors, but right now I'd think he would be considering other offers and if we don't or won't pay as well as he can get elsewhere, I'd doubt we'd renew against his will. 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I can't see us standing in Burrells way if he wants to leave, as it stands now at least. You dint know what has been said re McGlynns plans for him behind closed doors, but right now I'd think he would be considering other offers and if we don't or won't pay as well as he can get elsewhere, I'd doubt we'd renew against his will. 

I dont think for a second we'd keep hold of him if he wanted to leave, hopefully McGlynn comes to his senses and starts to play him more, few goals in the playoffs and hopefully the extension is triggered

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If I was a betting man we won’t see Burrell next season regardless if we have an option. From his interview he looked/sounded like a guy that was off.

If he intends to leave, I just hope he realises that from a position of League 1 in Scotland, he could never dream of a shop window like the one he can be in over the next few weeks. He's a fan favourite now... He could leave a legend. 

I'd like to see us playing a bit more hardball with players we have options on.  Don't get me wrong if it's a huge move for him money wise then that's one thing but I certainly wouldn't be letting him go to move to a champ side . If we have an option then we do what's best for the club and not the player.  The player signed the contract in the first place. We let sibbald feck off to livi when we had an option on him and ended up relegated that season so you can't tell me that was the right decision and frankly I don't give a monkeys for the not keeping players that don't want to be here chat. They will huff and puff but once transfer windows close the vast majority just get on with it. If having a player makes us better then do what's best for the club please.

It's possible that McGlynn could be saying to him look we have to play the way we are this season but next season we are aiming to tailor the squad to 2 up top, of which you will be one. You never know. 

The opposite might also be true..... Maybe McGlynn is planning for one up top again and Burrell knows that. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

If he intends to leave, I just hope he realises that from a position of League 1 in Scotland, he could never dream of a shop window like the one he can be in over the next few weeks. He's a fan favourite now... He could leave a legend. 

Legend? FFS, one season and a few goals and he's a legend. McAllister and Latapy must be having a fit if we've sunk so low that anyone in a 1st Div team could be considered legends.

Burrel will leave and no disrespect intended but by August we'll hardly remember who he was as it's been a mediocre season in a shite league

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's possible that McGlynn could be saying to him look we have to play the way we are this season but next season we are aiming to tailor the squad to 2 up top, of which you will be one. You never know. 

The opposite might also be true..... Maybe McGlynn is planning for one up top again and Burrell knows that. 

Human nature being what it is, Burrell clearly feels he isn’t important to the team, and will rightly look for better options elsewhere. Trying to hang onto a player that the manager has clearly signalled as not a key member of his first pick XI isn’t going to end well.

I think if any of us were in Burrell’s shoes, going elsewhere would be our preferred option, and that’s 100% of the manager’s making. He would leave not because he has delusions about being a superstar. He would leave because McGlynn has made it pretty clear that he isn’t what he wants as a regular starter.

8 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

'Season Ticket prices will be fixed for 2 seasons even if we get to the Premier League'

ah hahahahahahahahaha.

Ken Dodd eat your heart out

Might not be so outlandish as it was made clear at the start of the season that ST money (and PATG?) constituted only 15% of revenue. 

Guest FFC1965
4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

There's absolutely no way we'll sign Kennedy again. The fans won't take to him after his fairly gutless spell last time.

Ah I didnt know he'd been at EEP before.    

4 hours ago, FFC1965 said:

Fair play to DAFC, they have been relentless this season and are deserved winners.  Clearly this season has seen us improve but it would have been difficult to have got worse.

Its possibly a bit early when the season's denouement is yet to happen, but over the weekend I was trying to quantify our improvement now the league is done.  

Our points-per-game this season is pretty much identical to the 2019/20 season that was cut short (and id argue that the league is significantly stronger this season) so Id give us a "very good" rating.  Given the chaos inherited by the new BOD and manager, finishing 2nd is a decent outcome and the cup Semi is a nice boost too especially financially.

I fancy us to get stronger next season - whether that's looking to consolidate a Championship place or trying to get out of League 1.  Either way one massive advantage v. previous seasons is that the club wont be faced with a massive turnover of players - we can reasonably expect PJ Morrison, McGuffie, Watson and Lawal to leave in addition to Williamson.  Our loan recruits have been excellent - Rowe and Kennedy in particular - and who knows we might be able to have either or both next season but I'm assuming only if we go up.    

It will be interesting to see if the likes of McGinn and Oliver stay (Im assuming they are contracted to 31.05.23).  At the turn of the year Id have said keeping McGinn was a no brainer but his form has tailed off and he will be 35 this year.    

Jordan Allan is a baffling one - he has a contract until the end of season 24/25 but it appears that his style of play is something of a mismatch to McGlynn's default style so as things stand it doesn't look to be a great bit of business, but he could yet be a cup or playoff hero. 

Its traditional that the team that wins a league might look to poach players from other teams and in that regard I could see DAFC sniffing about the likes of Kennedy especially if he is without a deal for next season.   

The playoffs are something of a lottery and Airdrie are likely to stand in our way at some stage.   I live in hope that they finish 4th, knock out Hamilton in the SF and if we can get past Alloa then we could look forward to a home 2nd leg on Sat 20th May.  

Still lots to happen - which is fantastic - last few seasosn at this stage we've just had to watch on in horror as our league season disintegrated.  We know that our season will be "live" until 13th May and who knows possibly 3rd June.   

If we are still in league 1 next season the team coming down or possibly two teams won't be as strong as Dunfermline that's pretty much guaranteed.