The Falkirk FC Thread

You lads can always console yourselves with the real prize, the 'most corners won' trophy.

Unfortunately you can't have the real, real prize, that being the 'biggest crowds' trophy, although perhaps you may have the 'loads of semi finals' trophy that a few of your fans assured me last week was secured.

44 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I could be wrong but it seems you changed your formation from Tuesday against montrose to play us? Looked to try and be more solid. So clearly you were worried? Whereas we just played the same team and formation as usual. 

Not worried I don't think mcglynn just went back to the formation and side that won comfortably at your place the last time. It's a sensible enough idea to do that at the end of the day.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

You lads can always console yourselves with the real prize, the 'most corners won' trophy.

Unfortunately you can't have the real, real prize, that being the 'biggest crowds' trophy, although perhaps you may have the 'loads of semi finals' trophy that a few of your fans assured me last week was secured.

Yeah, we seem to be a nearly club. Hopefully that changes though.

3 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Burrell is out of contract with you at the end of the season I see..

I'd happily have him in our championship side over the Forth next season 👀👀😉

As has been pointed out we have an option to extend the original one year deal.

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Yeah, we seem to be a nearly club. Hopefully that changes though.

A semi final and a playoff (probably 2nd places) is surely a very good season?

17 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Doesn't matter what players you pick or what formation you play, you are a bunch of shitehouse bottle merchants and will win hee haw this year. Enjoy your night🤣

Our watershed here for Under 14s is 7pm, so time for you to f**k off to your bed.

Some absolute shite being posted on here. We were second class against a decent Airdrie team that didn’t need to do much today

We were just about ok for the the first 45. Second 45 we were absolutely shite, our play was on par with some of the abhorrent shite we’ve endured for the past few seasons. Calamity goalkeeping, appalling defending, clueless midfield and clueless up front. Airdrie with a bit of luck could have seen this win out with ease. 

McGlynn absolutely shat one today, and not for the first time. Honeymoon period well and truly over. 

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, semi final and promotion is a very good season. In saying that, from where we came from last season I know what you are saying.

Note: I checked last seasons results and, outwith our very decent start after 4 games last season and taking care of the bottom two teams (East Fife and Dumbarton), we actually only won another two games. Pretty staggering.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Dunfermline are deserved winners of course, but from our point of view, allowing you to canter to the title with such ease is a pretty damning indictment on us. 

It’s entirely fair pointing out significant improvements from last year - McGlynn has definitely made us better - but I tend to view 6th in League One as the lowest ebb, rather the point from which relative success should be measured. Fact remains it’s still League One and we have one of the biggest budgets in a majority part-time league. 

Defining our season depends if we go up in the play-offs or not, as not even the most optimistic, happy-clapper Falkirk fan thinks we’re winning the cup. For me anyway, the only way this season can be classed as a success is if we win promotion. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Too many attacking players going missing during games and defensive lapses being punished.

Kennedy seems to be a 20 minute player and then falls out the game.

Oliver doing donkey work but not quick enough to get in behind - he's no Burrell - and also seemingly refs taking the view he's giving as good as he gets and he gets nothing from them on most occasions. 

Donaldson and Rowe seem to switch off 2nd half too often and our hold on games evaporates as it unsettles everyone else. Taking our chances has been an issue we've never really resolved and games where we should have racked up Airdrie-esque scores we've conspired to draw or lose.

Credit to them for the season they've had but we've had times when we should have shown what we were about and turned up short, which let them run away with it. In hindsight it was never really a title race and instead was just a plucky attempt at keeping apace sadly.

I’m going off on one of my flights of fancy here but wouldn’t it be absolutely wonderful if we actually won the cup! Hear me out. Of the three cup finals we’ve been involved in, we’ve always been the underdog. Marginally vs ICT, less marginally vs Kilmarnock and pretty heavy underdogs vs Rangers (though we actually rather unsurprisingly outplayed arse cheek on the day due to the styles of play by both teams and other factors)

Heavy underdogs in the final if we beat ICT would be being very kind to us but…… Celtic have their customary 30 shots on goal but we somehow bombscare a 1-0 win! 

Absolute scenes (this one’s for the happy clappers, I’m just being the first one on here to put a positive case on end proceedings this season).

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’m going off on one of my flights of fancy here but wouldn’t it be absolutely wonderful if we actually won the cup! Hear me out. Of the three cup finals we’ve been involved in, we’ve always been the underdog. Marginally vs ICT, less marginally vs Kilmarnock and pretty heavy underdogs vs Rangers (though we actually rather unsurprisingly outplayed arse cheek on the day due to the styles of play by both teams and other factors)

Heavy underdogs in the final if we beat ICT would be being very kind to us but…… Celtic have their customary 30 shots on goal but we somehow bombscare a 1-0 win! 

Absolute scenes (this one’s for the happy clappers, I’m just being the first one on here to put a positive case on end proceedings this season).

You need a medicament 

13 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Too many attacking players going missing during games and defensive lapses being punished.

Kennedy seems to be a 20 minute player and then falls out the game.

Oliver doing donkey work but not quick enough to get in behind - he's no Burrell - and also seemingly refs taking the view he's giving as good as he gets and he gets nothing from them on most occasions. 

Donaldson and Rowe seem to switch off 2nd half too often and our hold on games evaporates as it unsettles everyone else. Taking our chances has been an issue we've never really resolved and games where we should have racked up Airdrie-esque scores we've conspired to draw or lose.

Credit to them for the season they've had but we've had times when we should have shown what we were about and turned up short, which let them run away with it. In hindsight it was never really a title race and instead was just a plucky attempt at keeping apace sadly.

Rowe’s inconsistency is maybe understandable but Donaldson, though not vastly experienced, is experienced enough surely not to be performing so nervously as a game wears on.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

6 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I am trying to figure out if this Hans Christian Andersonesque or The Brothers Grimmesque. I might need to sleep on it.

Guest Caractacus Potts

I’ll be honest and say I’m not 100% confident in McGlynn to guide us through the playoffs. Being 14 points behind Dunfermline with 3 games left just isn’t good enough. I may be negative but I’m not making these results and gave due credit during our good run of matches. That’s long since over and the things I was criticising us for prior to that are evident again. 

His record is on a par with the league record of the 2 nicknamed ‘dumb and dumber’ on here. 

Miller and McCracken
P32 W17 D10 L6 GF56 GA25 Pts 60

McGlynn 
P33 W17 D9 L6 GF62 GA35 Pts 61

Points are the same and there is no stark contrast between goals scored and conceded. Recruitment has been better but our best signing this season has been Callum Morrison whom M&M signed. 

The ICT game will be the biggest decider on how confident I think we can be going in to the playoffs. If we see nothing encouraging in the league matches and go out with a whimper in the Cup then I’d honestly be tempted to try get someone else in to guide us through the playoffs. I know this will gain a lot of stick but had we made the right appointment in January then we could be out this league. Had we made the right appointment in 2020/21 then we could be out this league by now. There’s still a  lot to play for and it feels more that despite getting us to this position that McGlynn might mess this up.

He was a sensible appointment but I honestly expected a title challenge. I just have failed to get on board the McGlynn bus with everyone else. I got behind him at the start but like anyone I judged him on results and performances. He got off to a slow start and the good run of results just didn’t last long enough to make up for our early poor form. The Scottish Cup is a good distraction but not going up would be a disaster. Am I the only one thinking like this? 

5 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

If we see nothing encouraging in the league matches and go out with a whimper in the Cup then I’d honestly be tempted to try get someone else in to guide us through the playoffs.

Holy shit. We’ve got fifers and Airdrie fans all over our thread talking absolute drivel and somehow you’ve managed to outdo them. Complete nonsense.