The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Where have you heard this? The money the 400k deficit from this season accounts was reported as being filled way before we knocked Darvel out the cup so presumably should it be a worst case scenario and we are in this division next season the cash raised from the Scottish cup run this year should see us through next season. 

The directors were very clear on the Falkirk FC podcast that the starting point for next season is a £400k cut to the football budget, with any additional funds being dependent on increased FSS/Falkirk Forever sign ups. The argument was that it is not sustainable to start every season with a £400k deficit.

It was stated that unless FSS subscriptions increase, part time football is a real possibility.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The directors were very clear on the Falkirk FC podcast that the starting point for next season is a £400k cut to the football budget, with any additional funds being dependent on increased FSS/Falkirk Forever sign ups. The argument was that it is not sustainable to start every season with a £400k deficit.

It was stated that unless FSS subscriptions increase, part time football is a real possibility.

I listened to that pod cast and never heard anybody say the words there’d be a 400k budget cut. I did here them explain we’d have a break even budget supplemented by whatever fans raised via the FSS however quite obviously our cash position at the start of the next year is going to be considerably higher that it was at the beginning of this one so a break even budget does not equate to a 400k budget cut if that 400k reserve is already sitting in the bank from the previous years accounts! Stop trying to twist words and make trouble.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I listened to that pod cast and never heard anybody say the words there’d be a 400k budget cut. I did here them explain we’d have a break even budget supplemented by whatever fans raised via the FSS however quite obviously our cash position at the start of the next year is going to be considerably higher that it was at the beginning of this one so a break even budget does not equate to a 400k budget cut if that 400k reserve is already sitting in the bank from the previous years accounts! Stop trying to twist words and make trouble.

A break even budget has nothing to do with cash reserves. The point was that the board’s intention is to balance income and expenditure over a season, without relying on cup runs and player sales.

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

There is no chance of part time football next season, even in L1, following the improvements & success on and off the pitch so far. Which of course could improve even further depending on play offs & cup semi. 

53 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

A break even budget has nothing to do with cash reserves. The point was that the board’s intention is to balance income and expenditure over a season, without relying on cup runs and player sales.

Surely you can see the starting position in this year was dreadful, there was no cash in the bank after a club record loss in the previous year hence the scramble to raise finance, that won’t be the case in the next year. The starting position next year will be much healthier with cash reserves that can be built into any budgets thanks to both the cup run and the club being on course to exceed all its commercial targets. Your literally the first person I’ve heard who’s managed to interpret that pod cast in such a negative way, however maybe everybody else is wrong and you are correct 🤷‍♂️

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Theres still a few players that will be moved on in the summer. Mcguffie, Watson, and Williamson can be punted without you losing anything really from the squad.  They will be on decent wages for us I would expect. Decisions will have to be made on a number of others. We have a sizeable squad for league one which could be trimmed down if we did end up still here. Let's face it we'll be in a far better place than we were in last summer.

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

There is no chance of part time football next season, even in L1, following the improvements & success on and off the pitch so far. Which of course could improve even further depending on play offs & cup semi. 

Exactly. Questions would need to be asked about why we're putting in a brand new pitch whilst the team is going part time for starters. 

21 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

McGlynn said when he came in we were quite soft and whilst we have improved, we still need more streetwise players ie Benedictus. That will come in the summer I’m sure. Also, if there is a 400k budget cut to the playing budget next season- I wouldn’t like to see our team. 

We wouldn’t be shelling out £150k for our contribution to a pitch if P/T football was even a remote possibility. 

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

We wouldn’t be shelling out £150k for our contribution to a pitch if P/T football was even a remote possibility. 

I get that to an extent but regardless of our FT/PT status, that pitch needs replaced and if the opportunity for financial support to deliver that is there it’s a no brainer for the club to go for it now.

I don’t think we’ll go PT next season either but don’t necessarily think the pitch being replaced proves that or otherwise.

Pitch is at the end of its life and will need done sooner rather than later anyway, the club would be crazy not to take advantage of the SFA grant available this year and do it in the summer. It’s not often you get 150k free money handed over! Can’t imagine that kind of subsidy will come around again any time soon. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

57 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Surely you can see the starting position in this year was dreadful, there was no cash in the bank after a club record loss in the previous year hence the scramble to raise finance, that won’t be the case in the next year. The starting position next year will be much healthier with cash reserves that can be built into any budgets thanks to both the cup run and the club being on course to exceed all its commercial targets. Your literally the first person I’ve heard who’s managed to interpret that pod cast in such a negative way, however maybe everybody else is wrong and you are correct 🤷‍♂️

Surely time to just ignore this Pedro fool.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

The pitch getting replaced with the funding options being offered to the club is very sensible; McGlynn mentioned he’d potentially lost a couple of signings due to how poor it is and imo it’s looked done for two or three seasons now.

Thought we looked much better with the two up top yesterday Burrell being the main stand out, only player of ours who's beat Benedictus to a header this season.

Oliver could go play his normal game of linking the play without us completely losing the threat in the box. The three in behind in Nesbitt, Max and Morrison were brilliant at interchanging and providing an option when we were on the ball. You've also got Lawal and Kennedy who can come on in any of those three positions which is a bonus. 

Equaliser before half time killed us as it meant they just parked up for the full second half. I still think I prefer Morrison to Kinnear there's not much in it right enough but after that howler I'd have PJ in on Tuesday.

Hopefully Mccann can just get a cast on and continue to play, especially as Mackie's out. What's wrong with him btw?

For Tuesday

Morrison
Rowe Donaldson Mckay Mccann
McGinn
Morrison Nesbitt Max
Burrell Oliver

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Thought we looked much better with the two up top yesterday Burrell being the main stand out, only player of ours who's beat Benedictus to a header this season.

Oliver could go play his normal game of linking the play without us completely losing the threat in the box. The three in behind in Nesbitt, Max and Morrison were brilliant at interchanging and providing an option when we were on the ball. You've also got Lawal and Kennedy who can come on in any of those three positions which is a bonus. 

Equaliser before half time killed us as it meant they just parked up for the full second half. I still think I prefer Morrison to Kinnear there's not much in it right enough but after that howler I'd have PJ in on Tuesday.

Hopefully Mccann can just get a cast on and continue to play, especially as Mackie's out. What's wrong with him btw?

For Tuesday

Morrison
Rowe Donaldson Mckay Mccann
McGinn
Morrison Nesbitt Max
Burrell Oliver

Bad mistake from Kinnear yesterday but in fairness he has done well for us.

I think there is a decent keeper in Morrison as well but Kinnear would still get my vote.

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

I get that to an extent but regardless of our FT/PT status, that pitch needs replaced and if the opportunity for financial support to deliver that is there it’s a no brainer for the club to go for it now.

I don’t think we’ll go PT next season either but don’t necessarily think the pitch being replaced proves that or otherwise.

Buzzing to see that new pitch in tbf. When you watch some old games from when it was just laid the difference is stark - really good surface. Should help a rise in quality of play hopefully 

53 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Buzzing to see that new pitch in tbf. When you watch some old games from when it was just laid the difference is stark - really good surface. Should help a rise in quality of play hopefully 

Hearts hybrid Turf/Synthetic looks good.

Depends on the groundwork required in the prep to change to the new technology.