The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Oliver contributes so much more with someone else up there beside him. Checks calendar - April.

It's genuinely mental how obvious that was. Makes you wonder where we would be if Alegria stayed because he was suited to lone striker whereas Oliver has been shoehorned. He just doing quite do the lone striker stuff well, but he does the workhorse striker stuff of a pairing well, or at least he appears to, if you tried to extrapolate what 2 up top would look like over the last few months 

30 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I think he has been one of our best players this season. I am so annoyed we haven't got the best out of him through no fault of his own. His link up play can be fantastic as we saw today. Honestly, so frustated at what could have been.

Who, Oliver? He's made more appearances than any other player in the squad this season. It's Burrell who has the real cause for complaint. Oliver had a very good run of form in January and February coinciding with the team as a whole playing well, and scored four or five goals. No-one suggested he was being mis-used during this period. His hold-up and link play has also been fairly good, the lack of goal threat is the downside.

The lack of playing time afforded to by far our best forward is the real frustration. Hopefully today marks the end of the loan, isolated striker against packed defences crap and Burrell being cemented in the starting 11 from here on in. He needs to be the focal point of the attack, no-one else. Should have happened weeks ago, but better late than never. 

Loan striker or two strikers were not the difference IMO today it was the midfield diamond with Morrison finding loads of space all across the front line. It allowed much better service into the front players. They couldn’t cope with it all game. 
Their number 16 was awful. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Theres guys in this thread who are always "in the know" or speaking down to other supporters. Proper Falkirk fans should bin them. 

Edit- Basically I am saying theres guys around your club you should get punted. 

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

Form means little going into playoffs, thankfully. Queen’s Park last year a good marker. I think we’re unbelievably soft but we may have happened upon a usable formation today that will cause problems to teams.

4 games in the next 13 days, players should be running themselves into the ground to make the Scottish cup team, that 11 is really up for grabs now 

6 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

The only two I’d take from their team is the number 3 & number 14  as the rest are essentially journeymen 

Hilarious. What does that make your shower of shite then? No wins in4 attempts. We have 6 extra points from the derbies plus 5.