The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

With their being no e-tickets and only physical tickets, can only assume that was the thinking by the club BUT it’s sorted now & those who want to buy online can & won’t need to phone the shop now. 

Puzzling why on line wasn’t available, but the club has acted  promptly to get this corrected. Well done.

19 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

If that was the thinking then it’s a cheap tactic that completely inconveniences the fans and everyone who stood in the cold waiting for tickets. Not to mention from an environmental factor to everyone who took their cars to the stadium when completely unnecessary or those who paid extra for postage as they believed this option was unavailable. 

Feck me, I was only joking!

7 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

If that was the thinking then it’s a cheap tactic that completely inconveniences the fans and everyone who stood in the cold waiting for tickets. Not to mention from an environmental factor to everyone who took their cars to the stadium when completely unnecessary or those who paid extra for postage as they believed this option was unavailable. 

Environmental factor 🤣🤣ok you are definitely at it 

33 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

You still pay postage for online tickets. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
53 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Environmental factor 🤣🤣ok you are definitely at it 

Was waiting on a response like that. Granted it’s less of a factor than inconveniencing fans but whether you like it or not unnecessary travel is a big issue.  

14 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

CP never jokes about the environment 😉

I have an electric car doing my bit for the planet. I can also use the subsidised HPC chargers at the stadium while I wait. 
I think Tesco should close and only do online. Think of that environmental contribution. 

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Fair chance we’ll see some changes to Saturdays line up. 

So disappointing to hear McGlynn say at 3:12 - "No easy games in League 1" I get it that you don't come on Falkirk TV and say "We should beat Clyde 4 -0", I get it, you don't want to get the opposition players all hyped up so that they come out and play a blinder against us. But neither do you come on and talk as if we should be really troubled by them. Just say that we are going to be really professional, we've done our homework on them and will be looking to take all 3 points.

Ray McKinnon was always coming away with the "no easy games in League 1" shite and was rightly castigated for it.

25 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So disappointing to hear McGlynn say at 3:12 - "No easy games in League 1" I get it that you don't come on Falkirk TV and say "We should beat Clyde 4 -0", I get it, you don't want to get the opposition players all hyped up so that they come out and play a blinder against us. But neither do you come on and talk as if we should be really troubled by them. Just say that we are going to be really professional, we've done our homework on them and will be looking to take all 3 points.

Ray McKinnon was always coming away with the "no easy games in League 1" shite and was rightly castigated for it.

It’s on page one of The Big Boys Bumper Book of Football Interview Cliches.

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Such a non-issue

6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Is it though? 

Yes. No manager or player has ever come out and said "this game will be easy and we're looking to run up a cricket score". 

Absolutely no point in getting wound up by these clichés, as @Reggie Perrin says, it's on page 1 of the big boys book of football clichés 

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Such a non-issue

It annoys me a bit when I hear folk saying 'we should be strolling this league' or 'if we can't hammer fucking Clyde we should just give up' etc, etc. Sure, if we had taken Houston's team, which would have gone up if we hadn't had Hearts, Hibs and Sevco to contend with, and dumped them in L1, I most certainly would be expecting us to walk it. We were relegated however because we were shite and deserve to be where we are. Given all of the crap that's happened since it's reasonable to expect that it may just take time to turn things around. Yes, we've had a bigger budget than most of the league (although how some folk can claim we've had a bigger budget than Dunfermline this year puzzles me a bit) but we've had some absolute charlatans in charge of spending it.

Whilst fans of other clubs jump on the bandwagon to too great an extent, it's no surprise that some of them feel we think of ourselves as being Billy big baws given the comments of some of our posters.

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It annoys me a bit when I hear folk saying 'we should be strolling this league' or 'if we can't hammer fucking Clyde we should just give up' etc, etc. Sure, if we had taken Houston's team, which would have gone up if we hadn't had Hearts, Hibs and Sevco to contend with, and dumped them in L1, I most certainly would be expecting us to walk it. We were relegated however because we were shite and deserve to be where we are. Given all of the crap that's happened since it's reasonable to expect that it may just take time to turn things around. Yes, we've had a bigger budget than most of the league (althougth how some folk can claim we've had a bigger budget than Dunfermline this year puzzles me a bit) but we've had some absolute charlatans in charge of spending it.

Whilst fans of other clubs jump on the bandwagon to too great an extent, it's no surprise that some of them feel we think of ourselves as being Billy big baws given the comments of some of our posters.

You'd like to hope that after nearly 4 seasons down here the talk of strolling the league would be long gone. Should we have done better over the last three seasons yes of course. Considering the cash spent it's ludicrous that we haven't even managed a playoff spot with the exception being our first season down when covid fecked us royally. We're now heading in the right direction but even so we've dropped points recently to kelty and queen's so that would emphasise the fact that you cannot take 3 points for granted in this league at any point.