The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Seems a joke that the SFA can’t sell it for the clubs as we do for our own matches. If it is a ticket master issue then club’s hands might be tied for using a different provider. Should be explained though.

The age old debate resurfaces as to why clubs haven't worked with the SFA, SPFL - or vice-versa - and centralised ticketing. 

Instead money has gone out of clubs who've invested in platforms like Fanbase, Ticketmaster and so on and we all end up registering for umpteen sites to buy tickets 😡

24 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Yes being able to buy tickets online would be easier but is it really a big deal? You have 4 weeks to pop down to the club to get a ticket, during which time we have 3 home games. Not sure it’s worth getting upset about. 

In the main maybe it’s not a “big deal” however considering all Falkirk supporters from all around I’d argue yes. 
The club has many supporters out with the central belt and further afield. There’s a number of fans from Aberdeen I’m friends with who are desperate to get tickets  albeit maybe 25ish tickets. I’ve family from Portsmouth and others from Belfast who want to attend. I’m not sure what you mean “upset about” ….

Edited by Springfield

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

In the main maybe it’s not a “big deal” however considering all Falkirk supporters from all around I’d argue yes. 
The club had many supporters out with the central belt and further afield. There’s a number of fans from Aberdeen I’m friends with who are desperate to get tickets  albeit maybe 25ish tickets. I’ve family from Portsmouth and others from Belfast who want to attend. I’m not sure what you mean “upset about” ….

Definitely reach out to Laura at the club for a big group batch, she has sorted almost 30 for us. Email address is in the club comms. 

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Definitely reach out to Laura at the club for a big group batch, she has sorted almost 30 for us. Email address is in the club comms. 

Can I ask, were your group allowed to request tickets in a reasonably high row with a decent view ?  Would you be happy if your group were issued 30 tickets for row A ?   As I’ve said before the Club have always been poor at allocating and selling for All Ticket Matches. 

9 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Can I ask, were your group allowed to request tickets in a reasonably high row with a decent view ?  Would you be happy if your group were issued 30 tickets for row A ?   As I’ve said before the Club have always been poor at allocating and selling for All Ticket Matches. 

Didn’t specify no but north stand is fine (which is where we asked for) 👍🏼

In the 21st century it is beyond the pale that online sales are not available. The club should explain why. If it is the SFA, our ticket platform or a combination of both. I would assume they did explore it surely? 
I live down south but will get someone I know locally to get my ticket and I will sort them out. I would assume most people will know someone local if they are in the same position. As I said though it is ridiculous there is no online option available. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

6 hours ago, Springfield said:

Sorry you advise contacting the CEO on Twitter really ? 

I was only giving the guy a way to probably get an answer, calm doon FFS. 

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

With all respect our cup tie was never going to sell out, the issue I have is the club should have explored every avenue of maximising sales, and as posted the wording of the delivery of tickets was piss poor at best 

How do you know they haven’t ? 

7 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Agree  The bit saying “The Club is required by the Scottish FA to sell tickets in a certain order” I don’t believe that. If I was able to attend the Semi Final I wouldn’t accept being allocated a ticket in a low level row where the view is crap.  There should be some scope to select your preferred seat. 

I am sure they are being straight with the fans but they could do with explaining the lack of online sales. It is ridiculous in this day and age not to have this. 

There's a few issues at play here, one of them in terms of how this might affect is the obvious "oh Falkirk are in the semis? Might see if the kids want to go to that" types who are not only going to have to get over the hurdle of the nonsense price (reasons known to us) but also they will then go on the Internet and be told they need to go to the club shop. I'm afraid I think that straw will break a few camels backs.

The other issue is the price itself. 

How the f**k are we being expected to shell out 38 quid, then get told we can't even be accommodated for buying a ticket online ffs. Let alone being told you don't actually get to pick your seat. 

Shite service for a shite price. 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Shite service for a shite price. 

The semi's and final are supposed to be SFA/SPFL's showpiece club events. They should be selling the tickets online via their portal as they do for Scotland matches. In this day and age there is absolutley no reason for fans to have to go to the shop to get tickets for this match. 

As for prices.... £91 for a new Scotland top tells you all !

10 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Seems a bit mad there is a queue at the stadium this morning.

Expected tbh even if their were online sales. People want to ensure the best seats, especially if buying west stand as the view gets worse the further you are behind the goals. 

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

The sections closest to the north stand, which are pretty much in the corner 👍🏼. B7 & 8. 

Was wanting to avoid the "singing sections" purely due to height issues (my daughter not me, f**k off Rugster) if everyone stands there.