The Falkirk FC Thread

Sorry, but I certainly am not buying into the “better options” for McGlynn than FFC.

His time at Raith was done, and he was absolutely tainted there by the Goodwillie affair. That particular race was run, and I do not believe there was any gig open to him that eclipsed our offer. Raith were not interested in a fight to keep him.

Other than his 8 month stint at Hearts which ended in him leaving in the February for the usual reason (poor results), Manager of FFC is arguably the biggest gig of his career. I do not think other better gigs were on the horizon, and no, I do not buy into staying at Raith as being one of them. The man is in his 60s. He is looking for the best deal he can get. He is not looking at career progression.

If we are indeed paying Championship wages for players, then it stands to reason that we must be paying Championship money for the management team too.

3 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

You better hope version 2.0 doesn’t hit too much form and come into the play offs like a train then. Would be plenty red and white saltires in the stands that day but you’ll be able to crop them out again 😜

0D65856D-F2AB-4EEF-BB0F-E5502C75A709.jpeg

Sorry bud, I don't have time to look for these red and white Saltires, I'm too busy playing spot the fan. A great game but at the Excelsior Stadium it's a bit like playing battleship, lots of empty spaces. It'll take me forever to finish.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

McGlynn signed Goodwillie, knowing his background and ignored sound advice offered to him during that time. 

Rightly, he was severely chastised and critised for his decision. He then issued a retrospective apology. I wouldn't have him at my club. 

40 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Sorry bud, I don't have time to look for these red and white Saltires, I'm too busy playing spot the fan. A great game but at the Excelsior Stadium it's a bit like playing battleship, lots of empty spaces. It'll take me forever to finish.

I’m away back to the Airdrie thread, I don’t have the big league banter needed to cope - although I do have a better understanding of battleships than you seem too have.

hopefully see you in the playoffs….. if you can spot me!

18 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

I’m away back to the Airdrie thread, I don’t have the big league banter needed to cope - although I do have a better understanding of battleships than you seem too have.

hopefully see you in the playoffs….. if you can spot me!

Good, you stay there, and it appears that I have a better understanding of spelling than you seem to have. 👨‍🎓😋

Hopefully don't see you in the play offs!

5 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I never said they were that good but they certainly weren’t that bad either, particularly when their record stands up to McGlynns time in charge. 

What has their livelihood got to do with it too? Would have been much better coaches knocked back when M&M/Sheerin for the job and not like McGlynn had much better offers than us. 

The relevance is if they were any good then clubs would have employed them. Why can you not get that? Granted they may well have had offers. 

Clearly they have had to go and get living elsewhere, I have no axe to grind with either of them. McCracken in particular did a great job running the dressing room during Houston’s time.

McGLynn has been in coaching for 30+ years at various levels and been employed by two of the biggest clubs in Scotland. He has won trophies, has a reputation for playing attractive football, winning this league with a club smaller than ourselves as well as being very well respected as a coach. 

4 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Having the option to stay in the same job to the club whom he got promoted on the back of a technicality is not the same as being offered a job though. Also after the Goodwillie debacle I don’t think coming to us was entirely due to career progression. In any case that’s not the point that’s being made.

The point is M&M had as good a record at Falkirk as McGlynn currently has. Being 11 points adrift is poor and sure McGlynn would accept that too. 

Ignoring circumstances of both M&M and McGlynn joining AGAIN to suit your argument 

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sorry, but I certainly am not buying into the “better options” for McGlynn than FFC.

His time at Raith was done, and he was absolutely tainted there by the Goodwillie affair. That particular race was run, and I do not believe there was any gig open to him that eclipsed our offer. Raith were not interested in a fight to keep him.

Other than his 8 month stint at Hearts which ended in him leaving in the February for the usual reason (poor results), Manager of FFC is arguably the biggest gig of his career. I do not think other better gigs were on the horizon, and no, I do not buy into staying at Raith as being one of them. The man is in his 60s. He is looking for the best deal he can get. He is not looking at career progression.

If we are indeed paying Championship wages for players, then it stands to reason that we must be paying Championship money for the management team too.

The biggest gig of his career?

Managing Falkirk at the lowest league level he has ever worked at?

fucking hell 😂

30 minutes ago, parsboi said:

The biggest gig of his career?

Managing Falkirk at the lowest league level he has ever worked at?

fucking hell 😂

It's just a fact tbh, if you look through his clubs managed (apart from Hearts as DF rightly alluded to) Falkirk would be considered the biggest job of any of them

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

It's just a fact tbh, if you look through his clubs managed (apart from Hearts as DF rightly alluded to) Falkirk would be considered the biggest job of any of them

Only in your brains bud!

Falkirk are playing in League One, and have been since the start of this decade.  May well be playing there again next season.  He’s managed Raith and Livingston, both in the Championship, and both clubs playing at a higher level than Falkirk.

11 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Only in your brains bud!

Falkirk are playing in League One, and have been since the start of this decade.  May well be playing there again next season.  He’s managed Raith and Livingston, both in the Championship, and both clubs playing at a higher level than Falkirk.

We're fucking massive u 🐐 

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The relevance is if they were any good then clubs would have employed them. Granted they may well have had offers. 

Let’s leave it there! 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ignoring circumstances of both M&M and McGlynn joining AGAIN to suit your argument 

The only one ignoring anything to suit their argument is you!

53 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Only in your brains bud!

I mean we can quote league positions til the sun sets, it’s just not very interesting or relevant to any reasonable debate. It would justify Cowdenbeath being a bigger club than Rangers in 2012 because Rangers were in League 2. A funny thought, just very obviously complete nonsense. 

52 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The only one ignoring anything to suit their argument is you!

Rubbish

Edited by Back Post Misses