The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

This thread is worse than COYB now. We’re 11 points behind our biggest rivals with 7 to go and it’s inconceivable to give some fair criticism that it’s not good enough. Nor is it possible to show stats that show the difference to other much maligned managers isn’t as big as has been lauded. 

I have seen 3 or 4 point out correctly that the difference in the league that M&M took part in was not nearly as good as this (4 FT teams now). Pretty sure M&M were the only FT team with Raith and Airdire hybrids. Also the mess McGlynn inherited compared to the decent squad M&M took over means points comparison is less relevant. You seem only wanting to focus on points gained and take no circumstances into consideration. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

So you extend a contract of one of our players not knowing what league you will be in next season but there is a 400k budget cut. No even the thickest of thick fan knows the budget is not getting cut by 400k now 

But you don't know it's not.

Budget for next season will not be made until there is certainty what league we will be in.

It's a pointless subject to discuss at this time

Thanks to FalkirkTV for helping RaithTV get a decent setup for todays Cup Final. For all the joking about only having three sides at TFS, watching this match with the camera in the Main Stand it really is a really unattractive venue on TV for not having at least a small standing area or stand over there. I guess BBC Alba is getting the nice view of shooting at all the stands, and I’m sure that looks miles better.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

But you don't know it's not.

Budget for next season will not be made until there is certainty what league we will be in.

It's a pointless subject to discuss at this time

Don’t think the league will have anything to do with it.

48 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Thanks to FalkirkTV for helping RaithTV get a decent setup for todays Cup Final. For all the joking about only having three sides at TFS, watching this match with the camera in the Main Stand it really is a really unattractive venue on TV for not having at least a small standing area or stand over there. I guess BBC Alba is getting the nice view of shooting at all the stands, and I’m sure that looks miles better.

Watching on Alba it does look impressive from the gantry.

Understand why we film it from the main stand but putting semi-permanent infrastructure over there doesn't make sense currently. 

I'd advocate a standing area but possibly due to lack of a barrier is one of the reasons we don't. 

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t think the league will have anything to do with it.

Of course it will.

Playing teams with bigger crowds

Higher league position/points payout

Increased hospitality, advertising, hospitality income.

Increased wages as better talented and paid players sign for us as we are in higher league.

It's a different business model you must see that.

Respect

13 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Of course it will.

Playing teams with bigger crowds

Higher league position/points payout

Increased hospitality, advertising, hospitality income.

Increased wages as better talented and paid players sign for us as we are in higher league.

It's a different business model you must see that.

Respect

No it won’t as if we go up I don’t think the budget will be much different to now as I think we will be paying Championship wages in L1. 

21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No it won’t as if we go up I don’t think the budget will be much different to now as I think we will be paying Championship wages in L1. 

Genuinely interested, so Falkirk having run at a huge loss over many years (partially reduced by cup run and pars games this year) still will be as worse off next year! How are these losses being supported, as the additional support contributions aren’t filling this hole. Yes our rivalry is great but it’s only great when we are.

Edited by Clangers

34 minutes ago, Clangers said:

Genuinely interested, so Falkirk having run at a huge loss over many years (partially reduced by cup run and pars games this year) still will be as worse off next year! How are these losses being supported, as the additional support contributions aren’t filling this hole. Yes our rivalry is great but it’s only great when we are.

They haven’t run at a huge loss for years. Our underlying budget was about 400k/season but over the years selling players, cup runs, investment and soft loans covered any losses. eg in 2015 we made £1.3m. (Since we got relegated in 2010 and closing the Academy we brought in c£4m) We have also done well from summer concerts.
This season I can see us making a profit and a decent one if we beat ICT.