The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

One of your fife chums was though. Sometimes it's like being back at school on this thread. 

Back at school like bringing up results from before any of was born?

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Back at school like bringing up results from before any of was born?

The playground patter .  Chubby chops stated that the result this season was inevitable because Dunfermline is twice the size of Falkirk.The overall stats between the two clubs show that's  certainly not the case..  Every season we play each other it could go either way.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

The playground patter .  Chubby chops stated that the result this season was inevitable because Dunfermline is twice the size of Falkirk.The overall stats between the two clubs show that's  certainly not the case..  Every season we play each other it could go either way.

Pretty sure he wasn't being serious.

Also pretty sure you know that.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Us, before any of us. Typing error.*

*I salute your pedantry. I would do the same.

It’s not really pedantry questioning something that makes no sense. I appreciate the humility of your response though.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s not really pedantry questioning something that makes no sense. I appreciate the humility of your response though.

Nah, blatant pedantry. You knew fine well it was a simple typing error.

We need to embrace our pedantry more often (by we of course I mean people in general, not just me and you).

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Dunfermline started this season with a very strong squad that had massively underperformed under two clueless managers who managed to relegate a team that had been one of the favourites for promotion.

Now that they have a competent manager it’s hardly a shock that they are going to win the title even if the style of football would make your eyes bleed

What a load of drivel. Dunfermline have failed to score in 3 league games all season. Falkirk have failed to score in 3 in a row. Even in the games against each other, we’ve had more attempts on goal every single time, so I really don’t understand why the simpletons in the Falkirk support have made up this nonsense about playing a better brand of football.

Our manager comes up with tactics to try and win the game. Passing the ball between CBs does nothing but boost meaningless stats. At least our manager understands that you need to score goals to win games.

You’ve had 2 shots on target in the last 4 hours of football against us. We’ve scored 4 goals against you in that time. But, somehow, after watching those games, it’s our style of play/tactics that you’re criticising?

Also, our squad is really not all you’re making it out to be. Very few of these players got any game time in the team that got relegated as well. Most were fringe players/subs. If McPake worked with Falkirk’s squad and McGlynn worked with ours, I’d imagine McPake’s team would be the league leaders and probably by a similar margin.

Edited by CallumPar

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I presumed it was just an extremely  pish attempt at a wind up. Which as mentioned took me back to my school playground days. 

Of course it was a wind up, just like you posting about results nearly 90 years ago was.

8 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I could live with another season in L1. Surely the unexpected cup money makes that viable with the current squad costs. 

Good foundations set... no big teams coming down.. automatic promotion next season an absolute must. Anything else unacceptable. 

Yeah no big teams like us cos we are going up lol sorry I had to !

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
20 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That’s a Fife education for you.  Does that explain the neediness too?

Talking about education, you edited your post. Oops ffs 

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

To those on here saying that it is unacceptable to be so far behind Dunfermline perhaps you should take on board the following.

Dunfermline started this season with a very strong squad that had massively underperformed under two clueless managers who managed to relegate a team that had been one of the favourites for promotion.

Now that they have a competent manager it’s hardly a shock that they are going to win the title even if the style of football would make your eyes bleed.

In contrast McGlynn came to a club at its lowest ebb since the late 70’s.

A huge rebuild was required both on and off the pitch and only an idiot or someone with an agenda could possibly argue that the club is not now in a much stronger place.

We are a long way still from being where we need to be but I genuinely think that we will achieve promotion through the playoffs.

On a completely different point just watched the Scotland game, that new strip is a thing of beauty and would make a perfect Bairns kit.

I 100% agree about that scotland kit it is a total belter